"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Now Playing: Part III

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Now Playing: Part III

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 1,000 1 2 3 ... 39 40 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 1,000 1 2 3 ... 39 40 Last
Dec 5, 2011 8:19 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Since part 2 is about to run out shortly, I thought I'd get part 3 up and running ready. So, what are you listening to?

Godflesh - Mothra

Dec 5, 2011 9:20 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Emerald - "Hell Racer"

Highly recommended for fans of Riot's "Thundersteel" album... I honestly don't even know how I know about this band though, I wrote myself a note to check them out months ago but can't remember why... thanks past self, you rule!

Dec 5, 2011 10:28 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Lamb of God - Ghost Walking.
Lamb of God's last album was kind of a letdown, I'm hoping for better things with this new one... But this new song just doesn't grab me the way Ashes of the Wake did.
I'm probably just being wary of disappointment in the wake of all these new "metal" albums coming out that have been worse than I expected. *cough*Metallica*cough*Megadeth*cough*

Dec 6, 2011 11:42 AM ET #4 (permalink)

compleet mastadon hunter album not a bad album must say

Dec 6, 2011 12:27 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Hot to agree with u wilco - loving that album!

Been playing Iced Earth - Dystopia to try and like it more before i see them but the more i listen to it.........the more i dislike it! boo

Dec 6, 2011 9:04 PM ET #6 (permalink)

Interesting cbella, you're the first person I've seen criticise that Iced Earth album.

Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way... nah only joking! I wouldn't listen to that shite!

N Sync - Bye Bye Bye

Dec 6, 2011 10:13 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Eh, deathbringer and I were mumbling about it in the New Member thread - it's not a bad album in any way and a lot of people are digging it, it's just a bit meh if you've heard Iced Earth before.

Now Playing: Draugnim - The Last of the Kin

Another random but great band from the undergrowth.

Dec 6, 2011 11:37 PM ET #8 (permalink)

checking out the new King Giant at the moment - southern doom metal and not bad.

Dec 7, 2011 8:22 AM ET #9 (permalink)

Oasis - Morning Glory

Dec 7, 2011 8:52 AM ET #10 (permalink)

grip inc ostracized forgot how good this band is

Dec 7, 2011 6:04 PM ET #11 (permalink)

ZMA

cbella and Oz, Well after listening to the IE album I realized that only the title track catches my interest and the rest of the album sort of falls short. It's a shame too because Stu Block is a beast on that record. Great singer.

EDIT: God I'm editing everything today. NP: I'm Broken - Pantera \m/

(This post was last edited on December 7, 2011 at 6:05 PM ET.)

Dec 8, 2011 1:43 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Twisted Sister ~ King of the Fools

Dec 8, 2011 1:53 PM ET #13 (permalink)

Dub War - One Chill

Dec 8, 2011 1:58 PM ET #14 (permalink)

Oh, and thanks for the King Giant recommendation, DB. Digging on it as we speak.

Dec 8, 2011 7:49 PM ET #15 (permalink)

cool. I have been digging some southern doom lately. Big Game Hunt is also good. Somewhere between King Giant and Down.

I played a bunch of Kyuss today tho - last night's show really got me back into them. But not playing anything atm.

(This post was last edited on December 8, 2011 at 7:50 PM ET.)

Dec 9, 2011 2:24 AM ET #16 (permalink)

The Wildhearts - I Wanna Go Where The People Go

Dec 9, 2011 10:57 AM ET #17 (permalink)

Infectious Groove - Rules Go Out the Window
These guys are freaking hilarious.

Dec 9, 2011 1:57 PM ET #18 (permalink)

Mother Love Bone ~ This is Shangri-La

Dec 11, 2011 11:17 PM ET #19 (permalink)

Primus - "Extinction Burst"

Cheers for the recommendation Netro!

Dec 12, 2011 1:54 PM ET #20 (permalink)

Coolness, brother. I aim to please. You aim too, please ;)
With all the bands I've discovered by your suggestions I'm glad to return the favor.

Megadeth ~ My Last Words

Dec 14, 2011 11:31 AM ET #21 (permalink)

Lenny Kravitz - Fly Away

Dec 14, 2011 3:26 PM ET #22 (permalink)

halford live metal gods / into the pit

Dec 14, 2011 4:36 PM ET #23 (permalink)

Skunk Anansie - Weak

Dec 14, 2011 6:12 PM ET #24 (permalink)

Blue Murder ~ Valley of the Kings

Dec 14, 2011 9:22 PM ET #25 (permalink)

Hail Of Bullets - "Ordered Eastward"

Van Drunen will always be the sound of death metal to me.

This thread has been locked, as it has met the post limit. You may start a new thread to continue your discussion.

Return to General Music Discussion forum