"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Now Playing: Part III

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Now Playing: Part III

Displaying posts 101 - 125 of 1,000 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 39 40 Last
Displaying posts 101 - 125 of 1,000 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 39 40 Last
Jan 21, 2012 4:17 AM ET #101 (permalink)

Cynic - Every album with Leather on vocals is absolutely killer man! I think it's best to start with "Ruler Of The Wasteland". Or you can just listen to some of these songs and judge for yourself haha...

"It's Too Late For Yesterday", "Voice Of The Cult", "Angel Of Mercy" and "For Those Who Dare".

"Chained Up In Chains" by Cauldron

Jan 21, 2012 4:33 PM ET #102 (permalink)

Cheers! I'll put it on the big list of bands I need to hear.

Asmegin - "Helvegum"

Jan 21, 2012 8:08 PM ET #103 (permalink)

Budgie - Melt The Ice Away. I always forget just how good this band are!

Jan 22, 2012 7:10 PM ET #104 (permalink)

Skeletonwitch- Feast upon Flesh

Jan 22, 2012 7:49 PM ET #105 (permalink)

What did you think of the new SW FAN? Haven't heard it yet but their old albums have grown on me recently.

Therion - "Tuna 1613"

Jan 22, 2012 10:19 PM ET #106 (permalink)

Dear lord I was hoping you would appreciate SW. Now I dont have to suggest them and worry about being rejected lmao

The new album is different, but I like it. With the exception of the songs "Reduced to the Failure of Prayer" and "Cleaver of Souls" which are incredibly awesome for completely different reasons, I still like their first two albums more. They got a new drummer, so there's a noticable difference in pacing, because even though he's not as creative as their first one, he's still really good, and he's faster. Alot of people like this new album more though it seems. Either way if you like their first two albums you'll still wanna get this album, it's the best 30 minute album since Reign in Blood that I can think of lol. I'm honestly still in the process of warming into it, which Ive had to do with all their material(hmmm this is cool, thats a cool riff, I like this song--2 months later: "This is the greatest fucking song Ive ever heard goddamnit")

BTW, make sure to try and get your hands on their song "Bringers of death". It's not on any of their albums though, because it was released with an "Adult swim Metal Sampler". The video they put out for it is possibly the greatest metal video ever made. www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZA43nNekKA

Jan 22, 2012 10:22 PM ET #107 (permalink)

Excuse me if I rant a bit, Skeletonwitch is the kind of band for me that makes me wonder if Metallica and Slayer fans felt this way when those bands were coming up. :P

Now Playing: Behemoth- Shemhamforash

Jan 23, 2012 1:47 PM ET #108 (permalink)

WHITE ZOMBIE ----- ASTRO CREEP 2000 album

Jan 23, 2012 3:31 PM ET #109 (permalink)

Haha no metal ranting is the best, don't mention too many bands or you'll start me on one. Actually their drummer caught my ear as being really inventive as well.

At first I thought "eh, they're another new thrash band except the gimmick is black metal vocals...". And then "no wait the music is actually badass though..." and then "oh and the vocals fit perfectly... wait... this is what awesome is isn't it?!". I'll find a way to get them in my playlist more.

Jan 23, 2012 3:33 PM ET #110 (permalink)

Oh and ICS Vortex - "The Blackmobile"

Jan 23, 2012 9:35 PM ET #111 (permalink)

Pet Shop Boys - This Must Be The Place I've Waited Years To Leave

Jan 23, 2012 9:46 PM ET #112 (permalink)

Right not trying to spam haha but can't leave until I recommend the band Witchery to FAN. Seriously, if you like SW I'd imagine you'd like Witchery just as much - "Restless & Dead" is really good, you'd think fun would be the last word used to describe black/thrash metal but I can't think of anything that suits it better.

Jan 24, 2012 3:21 AM ET #113 (permalink)

Heh... the cover for "Dead, Hot & Ready" always gets a little chuckle out of me.

"Lonely" by Crimson Glory

Jan 24, 2012 11:43 AM ET #114 (permalink)

Matchbox Twenty - 3 A.M.

Jan 25, 2012 6:42 AM ET #115 (permalink)

Throw me some suggestions for Witchery songs. I already listened to Withkried and Conguerer's Return, but it's just not clicking. I do at first glance like them, I'm just not sold on them reeallly. So send me other songs so I can figure it out. I didnt like Slayer until a full 2 years after hearing all their more important songs(I hesitate to say "their hits") like South of Heaven, Jesus Saves, and Expendable Youth. I heard Stain of Mind, and suddenly I was sold for no goddamned reason.

concerning Skeletonwitch, I read a youtube comment on one of their videos that made me laugh, and I use it myself now: "Skeletonwitch is so fucking metal they shit nails".

When their drummer left I was so pissed, he's one of the few drummers where I can ignore everything else, and JUST listen to the drums, in a compostional AND skill respect through a majority of their songs, and enjoy a whole new perspective on those songs.

Now Playing: Jay Z- On to the next one (Ive been listening to an obscene amount of rap lately, and a minimal of metal....I'm in hibernation until the new Pig Destroyer comes out.)

Jan 25, 2012 12:45 PM ET #116 (permalink)

Sneaker Pimps - Six Underground. So sexy.

Jan 25, 2012 5:51 PM ET #117 (permalink)

I actually haven't heard much of their new material, but I highly recommend any song from their debut. Have a listen to "The Reaper", if you like that the rest of the album is just as good.

Blitzkrieg - "Hell Express"

Jan 25, 2012 7:09 PM ET #118 (permalink)

^Great choice

Faithless - Insomnia

Jan 29, 2012 10:42 AM ET #119 (permalink)

only anthrax love that song

Jan 29, 2012 3:50 PM ET #120 (permalink)

R10

Entombed- Left Hand Path. Can't beat a classic!

Jan 30, 2012 7:41 PM ET #121 (permalink)

Faithless - Salva Mea

Jan 31, 2012 2:42 AM ET #122 (permalink)

Psycroptic- Deprivation

listening to the stream of the album on guitar-world...far better than Observant, their previous album, much more groove throughout the tech-death than you would ever expect. Grooves and riffs win me over quicker than anything.

Feb 1, 2012 12:39 PM ET #123 (permalink)

R10

Fastway- Say What You Will. Classic!

Feb 1, 2012 8:27 PM ET #124 (permalink)

Righto, will have to check out this Psycroptic then.

Now Playing: Gorguts - "Considered Dead"

Feb 2, 2012 1:23 AM ET #125 (permalink)

^definitely worth a check out. Listening to their more popular album (Ob)Servant and seeing them live, I ended up thinking of them as a tech-death version of Nile. They had a very epic but exotic brand of Tech-death. Very inaccessible casually, but if you were into tech-death they were definitely worth a listen. This new album is all that, but also with techy-thrash riffs and far better vocals. The guy switched it up this CD and the best description of his voice was Chuck Shuldiner channeled through Jamey Jasta.

But seriously, seriously, cannot stress this enough...Global Flatline by Aborted. Best Traditional Death metal album Ive heard in years.

This thread has been locked, as it has met the post limit. You may start a new thread to continue your discussion.

Return to General Music Discussion forum