"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Now Playing: Part III

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Now Playing: Part III

Displaying posts 76 - 100 of 1,000 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 39 40 Last
Displaying posts 76 - 100 of 1,000 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 39 40 Last
Jan 6, 2012 4:12 AM ET #76 (permalink)

I must confess Wolf, I've never heard The The (at least not to my knowledge.) Agreed though, Morrissey has some excellent solo work. "Irish Blood, English Heart" and "To Me You Are A Work Of Art" are simply wonderful.

The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead

Jan 6, 2012 2:44 PM ET #77 (permalink)

Oz mate, you definitely need to check out The The! Might not be exactly your thing, but since I know you appreciate good music... check out "Kingdom of Rain" or "Infected" as a starter. "Helpline operator" is another gem (very strange videos btw, if you're checking em at Youtube). Marr plays guitar on all of those tracks.

Np: Velvet Revolver - Contraband (the entire album)

Jan 6, 2012 3:03 PM ET #78 (permalink)

That new Naplam Death song.

I am sooooo getting their new album, this song is awesome. Their last album was criminally underappreciated, seeing as how it was overshadowed by the last Cannibal Corpse album coming out like the same week I believe.

Jan 6, 2012 5:51 PM ET #79 (permalink)

Textures - Arms of the Sea
Thanks MU for the recommendation!!!

Jan 7, 2012 1:01 PM ET #80 (permalink)

PANTERA ---- WAR NERVE........

Jan 8, 2012 12:46 PM ET #81 (permalink)

Nice one Wolf, I'll definitely check them out. I've heard the name before, but never knew Marr was involved until you told me.

Morrissey - The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get

Jan 10, 2012 1:28 AM ET #82 (permalink)

Cool song, Cynic! there are plenty of other good songs on their "Head Of The Pack" album that I like.

"For Those Who Dare" by Chastain
^ I've been listening to this song on repeat for about an hour now. I need more Chastain albums!

Jan 10, 2012 5:58 AM ET #83 (permalink)

Morrissey - I Don't Mind If You Forget Me

Jan 14, 2012 1:33 PM ET #84 (permalink)

"Save Me" by Lizzy Borden

Going to the record store in a few hours to stock up on some classics and new releases :)

Jan 14, 2012 1:47 PM ET #85 (permalink)

The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead

Jan 14, 2012 5:05 PM ET #86 (permalink)

Yeah definitely! Second time through that Skull Fist album really hooked me. Hey Cryo do you have a recommendation for Chastain? They're a name I've cast my eye over a few times but they have so much stuff albums I have no idea where to start.

Now Playing: Insane - "Four Magicians"

Jan 14, 2012 7:13 PM ET #87 (permalink)

UFC 142 very shortly...............

Jan 17, 2012 3:23 PM ET #88 (permalink)

abigail king diamond

Jan 17, 2012 3:34 PM ET #89 (permalink)

Our Ceasing Voice - Highway Lights

Jan 17, 2012 6:13 PM ET #90 (permalink)

Morrissey - Margaret On A Guillotine. "When will you die?" I'm sure I wasn't the only one quoting that line when The Iron Lady was released.

Jan 18, 2012 1:01 PM ET #91 (permalink)

In celebration of the 7 or 8 inches of snow that we in the Northwest United States have gotten:

Blizzard Beasts by Immortal

Seems fitting...

Jan 18, 2012 1:15 PM ET #92 (permalink)

bomber picture

Jan 18, 2012 6:21 PM ET #93 (permalink)

R10

The Pogues- If I should Fall from the Grace of God! Such good beer swilling music!

Jan 18, 2012 6:45 PM ET #94 (permalink)

Fuck yeah, love The Pogues! Saw them in 2005 in Birmingham with Dropkick Murphys supporting. I've never seen anyone so drunk as Shane MacGowan.

Morrissey - Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself?

Jan 18, 2012 7:16 PM ET #95 (permalink)

R10

Ha! Thats awesome oz. I saw Shane and his solo band the Popes open for the Dropkicks in early 2000's. Shane joined the Dropkicks onstage for a VERY drunken version of Irish Rover! I mean Shane was three sheets to the wind! Performed awesomely though! Whiskey didnt effect his singing one bit! NP: The Pogues-Irish Rover

Jan 19, 2012 5:07 AM ET #96 (permalink)

I noticed his singing was fine, but in between songs he was totally incoherent. Shouting at the audience with no-one except his fellow pissed Paddies being unable to understand him. He also walked off stage several times to get more booze, leaving other members of the band to sing songs where needed. There was also a bizarre sight in the crowd as they broke into a massive hybrid of a mosh pit and having an Irish jig. Great night.

Doro - Bad Blood

Jan 19, 2012 10:49 AM ET #97 (permalink)

Cavalera Conspiracy --- I Speak Hate

Jan 19, 2012 2:47 PM ET #98 (permalink)

Austere - To Lay Like Old Ashes

Jan 19, 2012 5:39 PM ET #99 (permalink)

R10

Oz,that sounded like an insane show in Birmingham. I know the Dropkicks have stated some of thier most insane shows have been in the UK and Ireland! Wish i could have been there! That hall must of made a mint in booze sales! Haha! NP: Dropkick Murphys- Captain Kelly's Kithchen. Another swilling tune!

Jan 20, 2012 4:40 AM ET #100 (permalink)

Morrissey - The Last Of The Famous International Playboys

This thread has been locked, as it has met the post limit. You may start a new thread to continue your discussion.

Return to General Music Discussion forum