"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Feuds in Metal

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Feuds in Metal

Displaying 15 posts
Displaying 15 posts
Jul 9, 2009 6:25 AM ET #1 (permalink)

Personally, I love a good feud in the music world. There's nothing quite like it is there? So what's the feud you always think of? Did you take sides?

Jul 9, 2009 7:30 AM ET #2 (permalink)

Let's see...me vs. deathcore. me vs. nu-metal. me vs. Slipknot specifically(I could take all 9 of em) me vs. people who think genres dont exist, me vs. people who say it's "just a bunch of yelling, anybody could do it,no talent" me vs. bands who rip off other bands, me vs. Trivium being as popular as they are(speaking of ripping off other bands)

You name it, I've taken a side on it, and probably ranted a couple times on it too. :P

Jul 9, 2009 7:44 AM ET #3 (permalink)

Feuds eh? Hmm what comes to mind... Dave Mustaine vs. 2 members of Slayer, Dave Mustaine vs. Metallica, Dave Mustaine vs. most of Megadeth, Dave Mustaine vs. Pantera, Dave Mustaine vs. Suicidal Tendencies... the man has his own fueds and rivalries wiki page for gods sake!!!

Actually in a recent MU interview with the band Ritual the guy spouted out at some chick called "Metal Sanaz" who's apparantly popular on the net. Went to Ritual's myspace to check them out and she'd left them a message...

Jul 9, 2009 8:15 AM ET #4 (permalink)

Manowar-vs-anyone who is "false metal". Ironically enough, it is only their opinion of who is real metal. What a bunch of choads.

Jul 9, 2009 8:28 AM ET #5 (permalink)

Anyone remember Slayer vs Machine Head? That was a good one.

Jul 9, 2009 11:15 AM ET #6 (permalink)

Rap ones are better. More like movies, you know withh them shooting each other and what not.

Jul 9, 2009 1:56 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Cynic -- Don't forget Dave vs. Rotting Christ... or Dave vs. his fans and the media for that matter.

Jul 9, 2009 5:41 PM ET #8 (permalink)

Oh yeah I remember Dave vs Rotting Christ.

Anyone here have their bands feuding with another local group? Mine had a few lol. Being fans of Hip-Hop we've written several diss songs as a result lol.

Jul 11, 2009 12:18 AM ET #9 (permalink)

Dave vs Laser pointing kid...search it up on youtube.

\,,l "Gangrel Theme" l,,/

Jul 11, 2009 6:49 AM ET #10 (permalink)

Haha I remember that!

"I see who you are with the laser you little dick head."

Jul 12, 2009 1:44 PM ET #11 (permalink)

Tom Araya vs the guards and MushroomHead vs slipknot the fans pelted slipknot with batteries

Jul 17, 2009 3:43 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Oz: Of course we've had feuds with other locals. Here's the best one so far and the latest: We played a show with four other bands, and my band was second to last. By the time we finished up, I was completely exhausted and about two sheets to the wind drunk. I said thank you... Good night. Grabbed my shit and left. About three weeks later, we find out that the second band on the bill was ass chapped with us. I offered up that it probably had a lot to do with the fact that our drummer was screwing their drummers girlfriend at the time, but no. Alas how short sighted am I? They were mad at us because I didn't thank them for playing the show with us, which was strange to me because none of the other bands gave a fuck, nor have I ever given a fuck if our band wasn't "thanked" at the end of the evening. It is what it is though.

Jul 17, 2009 4:02 PM ET #13 (permalink)

That's ridiculous man. I remember on the last gig my old band played, we played with two other bands. We opened. I was/am friends with the band going on after us, we said hello and all the rest of it and everyone seemed to be getting on fine. Later on I found out that their lead guitarist refused to speak to my drummer because he's German. Might have had something to do with England playing Germany that night. Germany won by the way :P

Jul 17, 2009 4:33 PM ET #14 (permalink)

Kind of silly how "catty" musicians can be at times isn't it? The only reason i've ever held a grudge against another band was because we played a show and the band that went on before us plyed well over their slot and we got bumped from the show since we were the last band on the bill. It was a "Battle of the Bands" gig too so in effect we ended up hauling our gear out to watch other bands compete for a $2000.00 recording deal. Needless to say, the band that got us bumped off the bill had their hands full when they came off the stage that night.

Jul 17, 2009 4:57 PM ET #15 (permalink)

Blindgreed1: That shit was funny.That band was a bunch of tits anyway.

And still are. Fuckin love this edit shit.

(This post was last edited on July 17, 2009 at 4:58 PM ET.)

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum