"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

New Metal at Best Buy, Oct 20, 2009

Posted in: Forum Home >> Hot Deals >> New Metal at Best Buy, Oct 20, 2009

Displaying 6 posts
Displaying 6 posts
Oct 20, 2009 8:58 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Best Buy (are they outside the US at all?) always has good deals on new releases, so if you have one in your area, make sure to pick up the new releases the week of release. This year, they have two great deals:

Converge's "Axe To Fall" $7.99
Rammstein's "Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da" 2CD for 13.99 (ok deal; sorry, not the 6 dildo version)

Oct 20, 2009 10:13 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Best Buy has some good deals if you buy the week of release, but the ones around here never seems to have a good selection, unless you listen to the more mainstream metal. That's my only complaint. But hey, I live in Iowa... lol.

Oct 20, 2009 10:42 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Yeah, I've definitely been noticing they don't have anything by lot of newer bands. I wouldn't say "mainstream" only though. I was really surprised and pissed that they didn't have the new Arch Enemy. But I got Behemoth's CD+DVD digipak for like 9.99 when it came out and get lots of things for good prices there, especially since our local Record & Tape Traders got bought, went to shit, and then thankfully closed down (it had become such a disgrace to what it used to be).

Under $10 is a great price for any new CD though, IMO.

(This post was last edited on October 20, 2009 at 10:43 PM ET.)

Oct 25, 2009 6:21 AM ET #4 (permalink)

The best Best Buy I know has a really crappy selection. They do have a few metal surprises, but overall are way overpriced. I do most of my shopping online these days and can get it all cheaper than Best Buy's lowest price. The WDM Best Buy actually has a pretty decent music instrument section though...as long as you ignore the know nothing sales staff.

Oct 25, 2009 7:55 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Terminator: lol. You realize we're talking about the same Best Buy, right?

Oct 25, 2009 11:10 PM ET #6 (permalink)

Really? I wonder how widely the prices may vary? You can beat $7.99 for a new album where? I'm generally thrilled with $10 or less and failry happy with $12 as opposed to the usual 15. The $16-18 of the malls stores is just plain disgusting though.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Hot Deals forum