"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Small Bug Fixes

Posted in: Forum Home >> Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback >> Small Bug Fixes

Displaying 13 posts
Displaying 13 posts
Jul 8, 2009 9:05 PM ET #1 (permalink)

I know I still have to tackle the two major issues of:

- Show thread messages on Posting form and
- editing of posts

but I have rolled out some simpler changes and minor bigfixes including:

- proper ordering of threads by latest comment in topic page
- forum quick jump dropdown
- temp icon on threads that will eventually be swapped out with different states at least to show new posts since last visit.
- IP logged/reveal same IP posters link like comments section.

Jul 8, 2009 9:58 PM ET #2 (permalink)

^yeah I just noticed the dropdown like 20 minutes ago. handy as hell, and a brilliant idea besides, considering the number of sections available. Makes switching between converstaions you're having easy as cake and a it's also a piece of pie.

Jul 12, 2009 5:14 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Some guy calling himself "fuck_a_name"... get him

Jul 12, 2009 6:41 PM ET #4 (permalink)

It seems the navigation in the threads is malfunctioning. Everytime I select page 2,3,4,5 or even last it takes me back to page one.

Jul 12, 2009 6:43 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Same here bg1

Jul 12, 2009 6:57 PM ET #6 (permalink)

Same as bg1 and terminator

Jul 12, 2009 7:59 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Same as bg1 and terminator. But I completely disagree with DeathinEye though.

No seriosly, I cant get to any page other than the first one of every thread.

and fuck off wiggles, nobody needs you startin shit again, we just replaced the tables and ceiling fans you broke last time. and that hooker wants her wheelchair back. She messaged me on myspace and stuff about it.

Tim Minchin- Fear

Jul 12, 2009 8:17 PM ET #8 (permalink)

ya not being able to see any other pages is a bit of a problem for me too.

well i'm glad we got something :)

Aug 5, 2009 6:32 PM ET #9 (permalink)

Hey db - one small bug (not sure if this has already been posted) is when posting on a thread with multiple pages, after you post you are sent back the the first page rather than the last.

Aug 5, 2009 11:25 PM ET #10 (permalink)

Yeah, don't think it's been mentioned, but I got it noted. Thanks.

Aug 16, 2009 3:25 PM ET #11 (permalink)

So my main two issues are now completed:

- Show thread messages on Posting form and
- editing of posts

Let me know what you think of those - if they're doing their job.

I do still need to make it jump to the end of the thread after a post though. And get a list of threads you've participated in like the comments... and a bunch more things I have on my to-do list. But I think those 2 things were the major issues that were required.

Feb 14, 2010 11:11 PM ET #12 (permalink)

For the last couple of days, anytime I highlight text, then right click for quoting, the "copy" button doesn't show, just stuff regarding links and whatnot.

Just wondering, is there a quote button planned for sometime in the future?

Feb 15, 2010 4:18 PM ET #13 (permalink)

That's very odd. Yeah, I need to get on some sort of code functions like quoting and images(?) and stuff soon. I've got a couple projects to clear off first though.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback forum