"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

i tunes

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> i tunes

Displaying 14 posts
Displaying 14 posts
Oct 12, 2009 7:09 AM ET #1 (permalink)

question
got some window media files but want to make it a itune file so ican use it on my i pod

dont know how to do it it it possiblel
dont know how to it i am a idiot with the computor
help me dudes

Oct 12, 2009 7:44 AM ET #2 (permalink)

I'm pretty sure that when you sync the file into itunes it automatically converts it.

In your itunes - Go to files, import tracks, and choose the ones you want. Should work from there.

I use a normal MP3 though, because ipods are bitchy :P

(This post was last edited on October 12, 2009 at 7:44 AM ET.)

Oct 12, 2009 7:47 AM ET #3 (permalink)

An iPod probably (I've never used one- or iTunes) doesn't have the codec software to play .wma files (windows media audio), which is what windows media player will rip files as unless you specify it to rip as an mp3. All you need to do is download a .wma to .mp3 converter (you can find a free and easy one here: download.cnet.com/Free-WMA-to-MP3-Converter/3000-2140_4-10494267.html) and convert your file formats from windows media audio to MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3 (now you know why they abbreviate as mp3 hahah).

Never used the program, but it SHOULD be a piece of cake. And iTunes/iPod would be silly if they didn't play mp3's, so I'm assuming they do. Good luck brother.

Edit: Or, if, like Irish says, iTunes automatically converts, then that's even easier again. It would make sense for them to do that, come to think of it.

(This post was last edited on October 12, 2009 at 7:49 AM ET.)

Oct 12, 2009 6:06 PM ET #4 (permalink)

will try it when i am home tonight thanks a bunch

Oct 12, 2009 6:39 PM ET #5 (permalink)

My Mp3 automatically syncs, but it aint an iPod.

Oct 12, 2009 8:19 PM ET #6 (permalink)

ipod actualy plays mp4 and when you drag your music files to your itunes it automaticaly syncs it up. when my friend brought over his mp3 player i had to reformat files to mp3 in the tools and they went to another file. i love itunes and my ipod they are the easiest to use. wait correction: the flash drive ones are great like the nanos. the hard drives are touchy and are not meant for athletics. they have moving parts and eventualy it creates problems.

Oct 12, 2009 8:59 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Nah man, ipods suck hardcore. You can only put music on from your own computer, and if you have to get a new one, importing the library is a pain in the ass.

Whereas, Zen - drag and drop. Everythings sweet and easy :P

Oct 13, 2009 7:02 AM ET #8 (permalink)

fuck me people did try it untill midnight last night dont get it to work
well did buy the cd so it saved me some work

thanks you all for your help

Oct 13, 2009 9:07 AM ET #9 (permalink)

Irish- I'm with ya buddy, I flat out -REFUSE- to buy anything with an 'i' in front of it's name. iTunes has been a horrible program for decades, and iPods are mass-produced pieces of deadset bollocks.

I honestly can't believe most people refuse to do the tiniest amount of research before buying something as costly (well, to me - uni student, cash = zero!) as a portible music player. Man, anyone remember the days of the Walkman? Sure, the quality wasn't great, but there was never any technical fucking problems, and they didn't die for no fucking reason, either!

Oct 13, 2009 12:44 PM ET #10 (permalink)

I for one, love my IPod

Oct 13, 2009 1:59 PM ET #11 (permalink)

You're probably in the ill informed majority AP :P

It's harder to edit track details, longer to get music on as it has to be synched to itunes first. Ocassionaly half the tracks will have to be converted to AAC format and that takes hours too (manually selecting albums), so mass music movement is essentially out, or a complete pain in the ass.

Can't use someone else's computer, so you can't get music from a friend without a lot of hassle.

Can you take tracks off the ipod? Or is the coding changed then so they're useless? I never tried that with my gf's so I can't say with empirical evidence.

Strangely cost isn't an issue with Ipod if you go for the 180Gb classic - really good value. But the software is plain horrible.

Friend of mine jailbroke his, so he can use it as a normal MP3 - voids the warranty though as you essentially wipe Apple from it, and just make it storage.

Oct 13, 2009 2:30 PM ET #12 (permalink)

damm i do love my ipod
but most the time i put a cd on it all my music i own is on cd
but hey got the new lynchmob on media file thanks again god like
but have to go theold way buy the cd at least it freaking works

did try a new way
and yes i still hate downloading it made me hate it even more now

Oct 13, 2009 2:48 PM ET #13 (permalink)

i have never had a problem with my ipod or itunes, but i do not download. i buy cds and import them and just drag them to the ipod. it is very simple. and on all the research i have done ipod is the highest rated on its easy interface and ruggedness. ther are better sounding mp3s out there but i hate computers and go for the easy way out. i am ready to go get a 16 nano soon. my 8 gig is still going strong after 3 years of abuse at the gym and work, i just want more space in a little package.

Oct 13, 2009 2:50 PM ET #14 (permalink)

wilco just bring up your itunes, incert cd it should automaticly start importing it to its music selection, after it is done just highlight all the songs and drag them over to your ipod (make sure your ipod is plugged in to the usb port too)

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum