"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

The Black Dahlia Murder

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> The Black Dahlia Murder

Displaying 11 posts
Displaying 11 posts
Oct 7, 2009 10:38 AM ET #1 (permalink)

What do you think about TBDM then (as in their older albums) and now. (as in Deflorate)

Oct 7, 2009 11:46 AM ET #2 (permalink)

Junk

Oct 7, 2009 12:54 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Thank God for the forums cause I couldn't get away with saying this on the posts. Black Dahlia Murder are fucking trash. I recently had to leave a table in a pub because I was talking to a guy about death metal (Suffocation, Obituary, Morbid Angel, the good stuff) and some guy with his shitty ear plugs and crap hair goes, "Yeah man! Ever heard the Black Dahlia Murder?! They're so great! REAL death metal!" That was when I decided to leave. Like with anything, it's fine if people like them, but a great death metal band they are not.

Oct 7, 2009 1:57 PM ET #4 (permalink)

I could launch into a tirade here, but I'll just agree with Oz. They retain the faint trace of metalcore (disclaimer: very faint) and since At The Gates is one of my all time favourites I am very unforgiving with imitators. I could write a small book on why I dislike BDM, but I don't malign those who do.

Oct 7, 2009 2:00 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Yeah man fucking hate this type of assholes!! I know one guy who thinks that Devil Wears Prada is truest death metal band and says that The Chasm sucks. P.S. BDM sucks too

Oct 7, 2009 5:31 PM ET #6 (permalink)

I think they're a good live band whose first three albums were half killer and half filler. I haven't listened to Deflorate enough to form an opinion of it, but the track Christ Deformed is one of their best yet.

(This post was last edited on October 7, 2009 at 5:32 PM ET.)

Oct 8, 2009 1:54 AM ET #7 (permalink)

I don't mind the odd song here and there, but all in all, I couldn't care less about Black Dahlia.

Always wondered what/who/etc exactly Black Dahlia is, though not enough to go out of my way to find out. What's the name referring to, anyone who might know?

Post Script: At The Gates are phenomenal. That is all.

Oct 8, 2009 5:53 AM ET #8 (permalink)

umm well a black dahlia is a type of flower. but BDM got the name from an unsolved murder in america, back in the 40's i think. A woman was found mutilated and cut in two, later dubbed the black dahlia

Oct 8, 2009 11:42 AM ET #9 (permalink)

Yeah, the woman was some B-movie actress.

Oct 19, 2009 1:16 PM ET #10 (permalink)

I honestly like their stuff. I get annoyed when people say they're 'true death metal' or whatever, but it's still pretty kickass music....

Oct 21, 2009 9:52 AM ET #11 (permalink)

wow, hey why dont you fags go back to listening to nevermore...seriously, they are a damn good band

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum