"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Black Metal or Death Metal

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Black Metal or Death Metal

Displaying 21 posts
Displaying 21 posts
Oct 2, 2009 5:46 AM ET #1 (permalink)

rather than the blowjobs to javlins through the most important member, this question is probably a better one and maybe more difficult..

im going to go for Death metal, but im getting into Black metal a hell of a lot now.... probably going to order satyricons back catalouge today.. been a while since i got some decent albums

Oct 2, 2009 10:11 AM ET #2 (permalink)

I like both, but I lean more towards death.

Oct 2, 2009 10:41 AM ET #3 (permalink)

I concur with AP1.

Oct 2, 2009 10:51 AM ET #4 (permalink)

Old death metal >; black metal >; new death metal

Oct 2, 2009 4:00 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Those are two of my favorite genres of all time, but at the moment im more in favor of black metal

Oct 2, 2009 10:30 PM ET #6 (permalink)

neither!

Oct 3, 2009 10:04 PM ET #7 (permalink)

death metal any day over black metal.

Oct 4, 2009 3:45 PM ET #8 (permalink)

death metal any time
blackmetal is sort of dying
dont get me wrong i do like black metalbut have to say at the moment there are beter death metal bands out their

Oct 4, 2009 4:01 PM ET #9 (permalink)

^ Agreed man, the latest black metal is the biggest pile of shit I've heard in a while (most of it anyway), as long as theres pilage and rape to turn into lyrics, death metal will still continue to churn out brutality.

Oct 5, 2009 1:10 AM ET #10 (permalink)

as much as i like death, u just cant beat good old fashion black metal. although alot of it is crap theres still some real good black out there.

Oct 5, 2009 2:58 AM ET #11 (permalink)

I'm voting for Death Metal. But I will say that black metal influenced death metal is the shiznit!

Oct 6, 2009 2:08 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Merely because of its variety as far as subgenres: death.

(This post was last edited on October 6, 2009 at 4:46 PM ET.)

Oct 6, 2009 2:23 PM ET #13 (permalink)

^This.

Oct 6, 2009 5:24 PM ET #14 (permalink)

Deathcore FTW!

Sorry, couldn't resist :-)

I am not such a big fan of either of the pure genres. But I thoroughtly enjoy these combinations:

1. thrashing death metal
2. melodic death metal
3. atmosphieric black metal
4. blackened thrash
5. blackened death metal
6. groove-based death metal

(This post was last edited on October 6, 2009 at 5:25 PM ET.)

Oct 6, 2009 6:17 PM ET #15 (permalink)

Oh you'd best be trolling DB!

I'll go with death metal. I'm not a huge fan of either genre but there's a few death metal bands I really like, whereas unless you include Venom and Mercyful Fate, I don't really like any black metal acts.

Oct 6, 2009 7:06 PM ET #16 (permalink)

I'm with DB, the straight Death and Black genres are equally rubbish to me. Add a little something, tho - groove, thrash, technical, prog, melodic, etc etc, and I usually quite enjoy it.

Oct 6, 2009 9:37 PM ET #17 (permalink)

This is a hard choice. Isn't this why Blackened Death Metal was formed? Black and Death Metal go together like Peanut Butter and Chocolate!

Oct 7, 2009 1:14 AM ET #18 (permalink)

Nothing better then some straight old school death metal!

Oct 7, 2009 5:26 PM ET #19 (permalink)

DM ftw i just like way to many DM bands over any BM bands and lets face it when is the last time a good BM album came out?

Oct 7, 2009 8:19 PM ET #20 (permalink)

I like it when both mix with other genres and when they both mix with each other, but Hell, if I had to choose either or, I couldn't. It depends how I feel at a certain time as to which sounds better. I love em both.

Oct 8, 2009 11:27 AM ET #21 (permalink)

That's a tough one, I love both. Just depends on the day.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum