"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Evile

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Evile

Displaying 20 posts
Displaying 20 posts
Oct 1, 2009 8:45 PM ET #1 (permalink)

The ad on Metal Underground says that they could be the next Metallica. For their sake, let's hope not. *drum roll for punch line*

Anyway, how many of you actually check out the bands that are advertised on MU's ads?

Oct 1, 2009 9:21 PM ET #2 (permalink)

I've usually heard of the band being advertised anyway. If I havn't, the ad will peak my curiosity, and I'll add the band to my 'to check out' list in my head, where it will inevitably be lost in the multitudes and I'll forget all about it til the next time I see that ad.

Oct 2, 2009 5:37 AM ET #3 (permalink)

they are good, old skool thrash done by 20yr olds from north england.. not metallica.. unless they mean kill em all metallica, but i'd go with more municipal waste style thrash..

very good live though.. they played my local pub last year and it was great fun

Oct 4, 2009 3:42 PM ET #4 (permalink)

dont know thwe band how do i get some music from them
well a new metallica clone than

Oct 4, 2009 8:44 PM ET #5 (permalink)

They sound alot more like early Slayer than Metallica. A friend of mine absolutely detests them. One time she got talking to Gama Bomb while they were on the same bill as Evile and said, "So you guys decided not to watch Slayer.. uh Evile, tonight then?" I don't mind them. I hear their debut album in a friends car and it was pretty good, but I've never really been into the new wave of thrash thing, not many bands are doing anything interesting with it and alot of them sound like other bands from the heyday of thrash so I don't see alot of point in listening to it. Seregon are very good though and Gama Bomb aren't bad at all.

Oct 5, 2009 2:22 AM ET #6 (permalink)

Well, in their defense, I wouldn't say they sound like old school slayer, they have a slower groove than most thrash bands. Some songs are fast, but not that fast. And if there were more bands that sounded like old school Slayer, the world would be a better place.

If someone said my band sounded like old school Slayer, that'd be the biggest compliment ever. Really, how many other bands sound like Slayer? Warbringer? Who else?

Oct 5, 2009 3:18 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Evile definitely sound like old Slayer. I thought I was listening to a Slayer record at first. Doesn't really bother me, as I said I don't follow the young thrash movement and I'm not gonna be spending my money on any of their albums. I wasn't slagging them off, as I said, "Enter The Grave" was pretty good, just that I wouldn't buy it myself or get excited if they were playing in my town. It's good that they've got some hype about them, but I wouldn't count them as anything special. What they're doing has been done before.

Oct 5, 2009 7:50 PM ET #8 (permalink)

I've always said Evile was Slayer's music with old Metallica's vocals. their latest album just feels like old Sepultura sped up 10 times and more talent put into the song writing/solos, etc as well. They're very talented and are great, but original? Not really, but then again originality isn't always a necessity to enjoy good music or a good show.

Oct 8, 2009 11:31 AM ET #9 (permalink)

Strange that this gets posted and the bassist dies a few days later...

Oct 8, 2009 2:13 PM ET #10 (permalink)

HAH dude I totally just noticed what you meant. I mean my condolences go to band, but that is a pretty interesting coincidence.

Oct 8, 2009 2:21 PM ET #11 (permalink)

Yeah I noticed that. Died in Sweden no less.

Oct 8, 2009 3:55 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Interesting...both Cliff and Mike were young, played bass, played in a thrash band, were touring in support of their new album, and nonetheless, passed away in Sweden.

Oct 9, 2009 9:35 AM ET #13 (permalink)

so a rule of thumb, if you play bass in a thrash metal band, don't tour Sweden!

Oct 10, 2009 11:26 AM ET #14 (permalink)

Oooh, I didn't even think about the Sweden factor. Creepy. Not to mention Evile has sometimes been referred to as "the next Metallica."

Oct 18, 2009 11:00 PM ET #15 (permalink)

CONSPIRACY!!!!!

Oct 19, 2009 2:24 AM ET #16 (permalink)

Somebody better get a hold of Mulder, I need to know his thoughts on the matter.

Oct 19, 2009 5:06 AM ET #17 (permalink)

^Last I heard he was in California...

Oct 19, 2009 11:57 AM ET #18 (permalink)

Probably porking Scully...

Oct 19, 2009 6:47 PM ET #19 (permalink)

and ending his sentences with ellipses...

Oct 21, 2009 1:20 PM ET #20 (permalink)

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum