"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

What can we do better?

Posted in: Forum Home >> Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback >> What can we do better?

Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 52 1 2 3 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 52 1 2 3 Last
Jan 14, 2010 12:44 PM ET #26 (permalink)

can it be possible to stream small portions of new releases or bands that would like to offer a sampling of their material? when you show the cover of the album and give a rating a sampling of the album wuld be awesome!

Jan 14, 2010 2:47 PM ET #27 (permalink)

agent: or just add a downloads section, i heard something that those are legal for forum discussions but only if you have that disclaimer and opperantly you have to delete the files after 24 hours and THEN its illegal, id just say screw that and keep em

Jan 17, 2010 8:57 PM ET #28 (permalink)

I'm having some issues with my avatar. I changed it 2 days ago and the avatar on my public profile has changed but other than that, everything i've ever posted on this site still has my old avatar. Any clue as to what's going on?

Jan 17, 2010 9:25 PM ET #29 (permalink)

forget the above post; the only reason it didn't appear to change is because the computer I was using was a piece of crap.

Jan 17, 2010 9:59 PM ET #30 (permalink)

I'm not sure why, but the profile always seems to update faster than the comments area and forum. Let me know if it doesn't update in the next couple days. BTW - it looks the same here and on your profile to me, so it could be cached for you.

Jan 18, 2010 5:59 PM ET #31 (permalink)

I'd like it very much if we could stay signed in for longer. I remember before you could sign in and stayed logged on for ages. Having to sign in every half hour I'm not on is really annoying.

Jan 18, 2010 6:52 PM ET #32 (permalink)

I'm not having that problem... I haven't had to sign back in for several months. Maybe it's just your browser settings?

Jan 18, 2010 7:17 PM ET #33 (permalink)

Could well be. I wondered why it suddenly changed. I'll have to have a look at it.

Jan 19, 2010 10:04 AM ET #34 (permalink)

Yeah, if you use a cookie (check the "remember me" box on login), you will be permanently logged in. Maybe not permanently - might be a few months without another login - I'm not sure now. You should only do this if you're the other one using the computer though, especially as an admin :-)

Jan 19, 2010 1:55 PM ET #35 (permalink)

Since the General Discussion forum is the most used, how about putting it at the top instead of all the way down. Also, I think there are too many forums for different genres. This is a metal website, if you don't like the particular genre being discussed, get over it.

Jan 19, 2010 4:04 PM ET #36 (permalink)

americanpatriot: no man thats not too much sub forums, believe me, i've seen WAY more, there was this one that had these sub forums:

Death Metal
Grind/Crust
Folk Metal
Thrash Metal
Black Metal
Classic Metal
Metalcore

that was so ridiculous it wasnt even funny

Jan 19, 2010 7:01 PM ET #37 (permalink)

I think I'll stick with the few I've added. I definitely agree that the others before were too general, so these should give us a little room to expand. As for the general discussion being at the bottom, I've seen it a lot this way elsewhere. The problem with putting the catch-all group at the beginning is that many people won't look below and see the more appropriate categories. I have some things in mind to mitigate this though, so keep an eye out. And thanks for the feedback just the same.

Jan 20, 2010 5:46 PM ET #38 (permalink)

Has anyone mentioned a possible chat room? We have the forums, but i like to chat with people when im listening to online radio stations, or jammin tunes in general. Just a thought..................

Jan 21, 2010 2:28 PM ET #39 (permalink)

I don't think we have enough peeps or that people are online as much to worry about a chat room at the moment personally. I'm loving the forums enough.

Jan 26, 2010 11:11 AM ET #40 (permalink)

I think chat rooms would be awesome, but sadly i doubt enough people would be using it at the same time. Definitely like to see it in the future though!

Jan 30, 2010 12:05 AM ET #41 (permalink)

The forums are great, but is it possible to have a Latest comments on forums you've commented on, inside My Profile section? That would be great so you wouldn't have to click through and find the forums you have commented on and keep up with what everyone is saying.

Jan 30, 2010 3:03 PM ET #42 (permalink)

Yes, coming soon :-)

Jan 31, 2010 8:57 PM ET #43 (permalink)

Check it out - new tabs on the forum home. I'm trying to think about how I can add them to basic navigation across the entire forum without cluttering stuff up too much, but this is a start. LMKWYT.

Feb 18, 2010 2:00 AM ET #44 (permalink)

we can stripp off and pee front to your face than at my personal W>;C>; hehe.

Feb 22, 2010 6:48 PM ET #45 (permalink)

It may already be possible, I don't know, but the ability to reply to part of a previous poster's comment. It's called "quote" on some other forums - you highlight the part of their comment you want to reply to, hit quote and that bit appears in your message body with the poster's name ... like cutting and pasting, but it's kind of highlighted so it precedes your reply and stands out from it a bit ... hmmmm, am I making any sense here???

Mar 13, 2010 1:54 AM ET #46 (permalink)

I think it would be cool if each band had a discography on their page and users were able to rate each album. I think something similar to IMDB's member rating system would be perfect. I understand that asking the MU staff to add/research discographies for thousands of metal bands is a bit ridiculous, so I think allowing members to add albums would be helpful--maybe have some sort of system where an album had to be verified by x amount of members for authenticity.

I bring this up because at this moment I want to download Exodus. I've never listened to them and I have no idea where to start. Some form of metal database would be infinitely helpful fore people in similar situations. Apologies for the blasphemy.

Also, DB, have you ever considered adding a donations link similar to Wikipedia's? I know we metalheads aren't exactly the most loaded demographic, but goddammit, we are some dedicated assholes.

Mar 13, 2010 7:08 PM ET #47 (permalink)

i think a private messaging system would be cool.

May 14, 2010 11:52 AM ET #48 (permalink)

chat rooms= bad idea

I do alot of my posting at work. I work on a govt computer, and if something even smells like a chat room, the comp nazi's will ban this site. I will be unhappy. People will burn.

May 14, 2010 3:23 PM ET #49 (permalink)

I agree on the PMs and chat rooms. I'm keeping things out in the open and transparent. You don't have to moderate private conversations, but being unmoderated it'll take no time until they are abused by someone and I'll have to get involved, so no plans for that right now. Link up on Facebook, MySpace or IM like many of the members do here. I actually do plan to add fields to your account so you can share those thing if you want to facilitate chatting with your fellow metalheads.

On the discography thing, we're working on it, as well as user reviews. It all takes work though, and having users enter stuff is a great help, but then it requires moderation as well. So I'm trying to work out how to do these things with the least effort on all fronts. Thanks for the suggestions!

(This post was last edited on May 14, 2010 at 3:23 PM ET.)

May 14, 2010 10:21 PM ET #50 (permalink)

In individual band's profiles, could you list genre(s) of metal in addition to the other basic information? That would be pretty useful to know when browsing through random bands.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback forum