"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Your top 5 ideal band to tour together

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Your top 5 ideal band to tour together

Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 51 1 2 3 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 51 1 2 3 Last
Oct 8, 2009 10:50 AM ET #26 (permalink)

I'd have to divide them between current favorites and the legends

Current:
1. Veil Of Maya
2. The Faceless
3. Necrophagist
4. After The Burial
5. Born Of Osiris

Legends:
1. Metallica
2. Machine Head
3. Slayer
4. Pantera
5. Opeth ( I consider them legends, they're fucking ridiculous )

Oct 8, 2009 10:51 PM ET #27 (permalink)

The ultimate test of my ability to avoid injury while not having healthcare:

Woe of Tyrants (opening)
Lazarus A.D.
Skeletonwitch
Parkway Drive
Dillinger Escape Plan (headlining)

Provided this was in a smaller venue, there's no way I leave without needing stitches (or super-glue), a hairline fracture and a torn muscle or two.

Oct 9, 2009 12:43 AM ET #28 (permalink)

Trouble
High On Fire
Bolt Thrower
Testament
Exodus
Encore by Bolt Thrower
Second encore by Exodus!!

Oct 12, 2009 4:45 PM ET #29 (permalink)

Cannibal Corpse
Warbringer
Death
Immortal
Grim Reaper

Oct 13, 2009 10:35 AM ET #30 (permalink)

pantera
children of bodom
five finger death punch(open)
static x
korn(headliner

Oct 13, 2009 10:41 AM ET #31 (permalink)

^
| Top that one i would shit balls to see that line up!!

Oct 13, 2009 1:22 PM ET #32 (permalink)

You have a lot to learn lad, but there is hope yet :)

Oct 13, 2009 2:31 PM ET #33 (permalink)

forget slipknot motorhead even beter than these clown band

Oct 13, 2009 8:32 PM ET #34 (permalink)

any lineup that includes Five Finger Fist Fuck could easily be topped...

Oct 13, 2009 10:28 PM ET #35 (permalink)

One that I'd really like to see would be, in no particular order:

Sodom
Destruction
Kreator
Testament
Exodus

Oct 15, 2009 8:58 PM ET #36 (permalink)

itbemoobs........are u fuckin retarted? u put "korn"(gay) headlining a show with Pantera on the bill???!!!?!?!?! god damn man u gotta lot to learn.

Legend Bill:
Pantera(headlining)
Iron Mdn(direct supp)
Judas Priest
Black Sabbath
Dio(opening)

Oct 15, 2009 10:06 PM ET #37 (permalink)

Hey, go easy on him now hanjob, he probably just recently started listening to heavier music. Remember your list on the original post?

Headlining-Lamb of God
Direct Sup-Trivium
Support-Unearth
Support-Shadows Fall
Opening-GodForbid

Now these are all great bands, but also very mainstream by metal standards. Is there anything wrong with that? Definitely not. But it also suggests that you too have a lot to learn about in the metal world. Hopefully one day moobs will realize how terrible FFDP are, but there's no need to attack him. I mean, at least he's listening to Pantera and Bodom, which were some of the first metal bands I got into when I was 13 or 14. So he's off to a somewhat decent start.

(This post was last edited on October 15, 2009 at 10:08 PM ET.)

Oct 15, 2009 11:15 PM ET #38 (permalink)

Hanjob: Not to mention you have Maiden opening for Pantera. That just violates all laws of metaldom.

Oct 18, 2009 11:35 PM ET #39 (permalink)

none of the bands i mentioned were extremely gay though either. and i have Pantera headlining cuz i have never gotten to see em and never will so i would like it if they had a longer set but if it makes u happy they can co-headline alternate dates lol

Oct 19, 2009 7:43 PM ET #40 (permalink)

Wait, Trivium AREN'T extremely gay? HAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks for that one. I needed a laugh.

Oct 19, 2009 7:48 PM ET #41 (permalink)

I would also put Priest above both Pantera and Iron Maiden. Sabbath should probably headline that bill but I've seen Priest, Sabbath and Maiden and Priest wins hands down in terms of a live show. Dio is a good choice for opener though.

Oct 19, 2009 9:30 PM ET #42 (permalink)

Well...um, if you don't like Trivium Oz, you can just, like, go back to listening to your Britney Spears and that other pop shit. Fucking fairy.

Oct 19, 2009 9:33 PM ET #43 (permalink)

"but I've seen Priest, Sabbath and Maiden"

^fuckin braggart

and I would like to put it out there that I think Trivium is gayer than Clay Aiken. For those of you who dont know, That's pretty fuckin gay.

Oct 20, 2009 1:12 AM ET #44 (permalink)

While I love Trivium, I'm also aware of their gayness and there's no way they're gayer than Clay Aiken! Trivium's bull-dyke gay. As in softball playing, steroid taking, Harley riding gay. You don't wanna mess with her. She'll cut ya.

Oct 20, 2009 5:11 PM ET #45 (permalink)

1. Alexi Lahio and Buckethead guitar dueling as GWAR comes on stage using assult rifles as a replacement for percussion and ozzy does vocals
2. Slayer
3. Nile
4. Children of Bodom (restricted from playing anything off of blood drunk or are you dead yet)
5. Immortal

On second thought, children would have to open

(This post was last edited on October 20, 2009 at 5:20 PM ET.)

Oct 20, 2009 9:27 PM ET #46 (permalink)

and also just cuz i have those bands as my ideal lineup doesn't mean i have a lot to learn bout metal. Im just not big into death or black metal. nothing wrong with em but i get bord listening to it. thats just me though. Sayin that i have a lot to learn bout metal just cuz i have bigger known bands doesn't mean shit. those are the bands i listen to the most. it has nothing to do with my knowledge of metal at all. i listen to pretty much all metal but those are the bands i listen to the most. i dont sit around and jam to Acid Bath or Dying Fetus all the time so them being on my ideal lineup isn't gonna happen. I might go to one of their concerts but would mos def pass on it if say Lamb of God was playing the same day in a different town. So u were pretty much completely outta fuckin place to say that i have a lot to learn cuz i listen to the bands that are more well known than bands that aren't.

Oct 20, 2009 11:09 PM ET #47 (permalink)

EVERYONE should sit around and jam to Acid Bath.

Oct 20, 2009 11:49 PM ET #48 (permalink)

Hey bud, I wasn't trying to be condescending or shitting on your musical taste/knowledge. My assumption is perfectly reasonable, based on the bands you've listed, your newness here, and the (lack of) info in your profile. So cool it, and don't tell me I'm out of place. I was just saying to be nice.

Oct 21, 2009 6:18 AM ET #49 (permalink)

YEAH!!!

Oct 21, 2009 10:21 AM ET #50 (permalink)

Iron Maiden
Children of Bodom
Lamb of God
Trivium
The Black Dahlia Murder

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum