"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Your top 5 ideal band to tour together

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Your top 5 ideal band to tour together

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 51 1 2 3 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 51 1 2 3 Last
Sep 29, 2009 10:22 PM ET #1 (permalink)

If you could hand pick 5 band to go on an amazing fuckin metal as fuck tour who would you pick in order from Headlining-Opening.

mine would be as follows:

Headlining-Lamb of God
Direct Sup-Trivium
Support-Unearth
Support-Shadows Fall
Opening-GodForbid

Sep 30, 2009 1:16 AM ET #2 (permalink)

Headlining - Iron Maiden (powerslave tour)
Metallica (ride the lighening era)
Pantera
Anthrax (John bush)
Machice Head (opening)

Sep 30, 2009 12:36 PM ET #3 (permalink)

I totally agree with hanjob. Those are some seriously bad fuckin bands. I would give my left nut to go see all them bands together at once, now that's saying something.

Sep 30, 2009 3:19 PM ET #4 (permalink)

I believe we already did this topic a while back, but I really like the way Jackrum transcended time and space to suggest an incredible line up. I think I'd rather see Testament over the Anthrax w/ Bush though. I have several different versions of the most epic bill ever, but I actually saw everything JR listed with the exception of Anthrax w/ Bush. It is utterly impossible to imagine the impact that bill would have on the average metal head. I'm thinking an implosion would be expected.

Sep 30, 2009 3:50 PM ET #5 (permalink)

a old posting but a good one

slayer
megadeth
cannibal corpse
kreator
machine head or lamb of god

Sep 30, 2009 11:48 PM ET #6 (permalink)

I think 3 is a better number.

Obviously not metal but I'd go with Refused, Rise Against, and Thrice, all playing for an hour each.

But if you insist on metal...
Trivium
Soilwork
The Arcane Order
Also all playing for an hour.

(This post was last edited on September 30, 2009 at 11:48 PM ET.)

Oct 2, 2009 5:43 AM ET #7 (permalink)

Blindgreed1, the ultimate lineup would be all those bands playing a 2 hour set of their best material.. in the case of machine head it would be the first 2 albums in completion..

for Death metal?

DEATH
At The Gates
Suffocation
Bolt Thrower
Obituary

Oct 2, 2009 9:20 AM ET #8 (permalink)

I guess it's time for me to weigh in on this. I think for maximum effectiveness, buses would have to be chartered to bring people to different venues in order to fully appreciate the range of performance certain bands are good at. Here's how this would go.

1. Anathema (just to kinda get in a good mood)
2. Machine Head (provided they keep the Supercharger material to a minimum)
3. Opeth (just to kinda change things up)
4. Blind Guardian (provided Hansi would actually give it a try)

For #5, we would have to have a deal signed by both God and Satan that Slayer would be in top mental and physical shape to perform. After all, they will play every single song in their discography. This may have to be divided into a 2 night stint.

Oct 2, 2009 10:40 AM ET #9 (permalink)

Jackrum: Either first two albums or I could even go with the last two. As AP1 said, as long as they keep the Supercharger material out of the mix i'm good to go.

AP1: Interestingly enough I was contemplating an all day Slayer event bvut decided that there's just no way they could pull that off at their ages (respectfully of course).

Oct 2, 2009 11:16 AM ET #10 (permalink)

That's where the deal between deities comes into play ma brotha.

Oct 2, 2009 11:42 AM ET #11 (permalink)

1) DOWN
2) TESTAMENT
3) SLAYER
4) DEVILDRIVER
5) LAMB OF GOD

Oct 2, 2009 11:49 AM ET #12 (permalink)

^Tis a good one, though I would swap out Slayer for Exodus or Artillery.

Oct 3, 2009 5:20 AM ET #13 (permalink)

i think i would leave out DD too lol Throw in maybe In Flames in stead

Oct 3, 2009 7:20 PM ET #14 (permalink)

1 bongzilla
2buzo*ven
3eyehategod
4corosion of conformity
5 down
That would be for sludge/stoner metal. I would kill for a line up like this

Oct 3, 2009 8:43 PM ET #15 (permalink)

Limp Bizkit
Firewind
Cat Stevens
Flogging Molly
Steel Panther

Top THAT, bitches.

Oct 3, 2009 10:01 PM ET #16 (permalink)

i think i would rather slowly dunk my balls in battery acid over and over then papercut the tip of my dick until it was unrecognizeable as any part of the human body than to ever see any those bands

Oct 3, 2009 11:15 PM ET #17 (permalink)

Suit yourself.

Oct 4, 2009 12:01 PM ET #18 (permalink)

Funny thing is OP, I saw LOG and Trivium on the same day at Graspop. Trivium sucked ass and LOG were really boring. God Forbid and Unearth also played that day if my memory serves me right but I didn't watch them.

Anyways:

Headliner: Judas Priest
Special guest: Slayer
Support: Anthrax (w/ John Bush)
Support: Sepultura
Opener: Cathedral or Napalm Death

Oct 4, 2009 3:36 PM ET #19 (permalink)

diamond oz
no i am not the only one who did think trivium sucked that day at graspop
they were more busy in trying to get a wall of death or a moshpit going than focusing on making musis
i was disapointed i did see them a year before and they kicked ass

would like to ad metallica to my top 5 but they are so out of wack at the moment the should have their own thing
insted going with our top 5
did see them a coulpe of days before graspop in holland they kicked ass but lamd of god stole the day

Oct 4, 2009 5:53 PM ET #20 (permalink)

Trivium is one of the first newer metal bands I got into, and are still probably my favorite by default. They definitely did have a pretty weak live show for a while once The Crusade (which I like) came out. Lately though, judging by recent youtube clips and when I saw them at Mayhem Fest this past summer, they've definitely stepped up their game, A LOT. They've cut the pseudo-rockstar bullshit and have become an extremely tight and enjoyable live band.

Oct 4, 2009 8:37 PM ET #21 (permalink)

It'd also be fucking awesome to have a tour featuring the best Stoner/Doom metal bands out there.

Headliner: Kyuss
Support: Orange Goblin
Support: Cathedral
Opener: Primordial

Oct 4, 2009 9:21 PM ET #22 (permalink)

Opeth, supported by:
Mastodon
Baroness
Gojira
Bigelf

Though these days it would probably be Mastodon doing the headlining.
Or, on the less proggy side:
DevilDriver
Through the Eyes of the Dead
The Absence
Omnium Gatherum
Warbringer

I like lineups of varied styles.

Oct 5, 2009 11:56 PM ET #23 (permalink)

Behemoth
Warbringer
Skeletonwitch
Lamb of God(only if it's a small venue though)
Pig Destroyer

No particular order, but LoG would probably headline out of popularity, blah, blah, blah, and warbringer should open so shit can get rowdy right off the fucking bat

Oct 7, 2009 1:17 AM ET #24 (permalink)

The Chasm, Immolation, Incantation, Autopsy, Asphyx. Don't care who's going to be headliner cuz all of them are great!

Oct 7, 2009 8:34 PM ET #25 (permalink)

for me it would be

Amon Amarth -headlining
Slipknot
Cavalera Sepultura
Lamb of God
Machine Head

though i would really like to see Motorhead i dont think i would change that

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum