"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Your present Top 10 non-metal albums?

Posted in: Forum Home >> Non-Metal Music Discussion >> Your present Top 10 non-metal albums?

Displaying posts 26 - 31 of 31 1 2 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 31 of 31 1 2 Last
Dec 22, 2011 5:02 PM ET #26 (permalink)

ZMA

psythe, Daft Punk is "the" techno group. The really help make that type of music popular and open to a lot of different people and well........WU-TANG!! *makes W symbol* O_O

Dec 22, 2011 7:03 PM ET #27 (permalink)

Really good stuff you guys are into. And Im no ass kisser. Just... good stuff.

here's my stuff:

1. Traffic: original soundtrack
2. Motörhead: Motorizer
3. Tom Waits: Mule variations
4. INXS: Live Baby live
5. Meshuggah: Alive
6. Ministry: The Last Sucker
7. Neil Young: Harvest
8. Nick Cave and the bad seeds: Your funeral... my trial
9. Radiohead: Kid A
10. The Verve: Fourth

Dec 23, 2011 12:26 AM ET #28 (permalink)

Dear WOLF7: I fucking love you. Neil Young is the greatest accomplishment the human race has ever achieved. And Harvest is his greatest accomplishment. That's no lie.

Daft Punk are Eurohouse Pop more than anything, but electronic music has too many ridiculously named genres (and every wannabe DJ makes up his own 'genre' names, they're all bastards) - but you're right, they've done for the western techno scene what Infected Mushroom did for the western goa scene, to draw a similar comparison. And Wu-Tang? Well... *throws a W symbol back at ya* It's the Wu, man, what you gonna do?

Dec 26, 2011 9:17 AM ET #29 (permalink)

LOL. Thanks psythe.

I fully agree. Neil Young is simply amazing. What amazes me about Young is that he's amazingly good on both, acoustic and electric stuff. And that's very, very rare. Harvest, Harvest Moon, all the stuff he did with Buffalo Springfield, just awesome stuff.
And then, he can pick up the electric, and the result is Rust Never Sleeps, Ragged Glory, Sleeps with Angels etc etc the list goes on. Just an incredible musician.

On to the present list:

1. Pink Floyd: UmmaGumma
2. Crime and the City Solution: The Bride Ship
3. Miles Davis: Live Evil
4. The Panic Channel: One

That's about it for now ;)

Btw, on my previous list, How did I manage to stick Motörhead, Ministry and Meshuggah there, as the title clearly states "your present top 10 NON-metal albums", oh well... what a muppet.

Jan 7, 2012 4:08 AM ET #30 (permalink)

In no order..
Hank 3: Rebel Within
Merle Haggard: A Tribute to the Best Damn Fiddle Player in the World (or My Salute to Bob Wills)
Chet Atkins: The Early Years 1946 - 1957
Pink Floyd: The Wall
Queen: The Game
The Ramones: Ramones
Zac Brown Band: You Get What You Give
Lynyrd Skynyrd: Gimme Back My Bullets
Loretta Lynn: Greatest Hits
Led Zeppelin: Mothership

Jul 24, 2012 8:04 PM ET #31 (permalink)

this was actually rather hard for me to do BUT heres what i mustered together.

not in any order in particular..

1: Led Zeppelin- Led Zeppelin IV
2: Dave Matthews Band- Crash
3: Down: NOLA
4: Foo Fighters- Greatest Hits
5: Muse- Black Holes and Revelations
6: Nirvana- Nevermind
7: Red Hot Chili Peppers- By the Way
8: Vinnie Paz- Season of the Assassin
9: Stevie Ray Vaughn- Couldn't Stand the Weather
10: Boston- Boston

Reply to Discussion or Return to Non-Metal Music Discussion forum