"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

new ipod

Posted in: Forum Home >> Non-Metal Music Discussion >> new ipod

Displaying 10 posts
Displaying 10 posts
Oct 27, 2011 4:13 PM ET #1 (permalink)

question i just buy a new i pod actually i will get it the 15 of nov but my question is how do i transfer files from my old i pod to the new one because my old one runs on windows and i di dbuy a apple comp so the new one will be apple

Oct 28, 2011 11:04 AM ET #2 (permalink)

Hey Wilco! A buddy of mine had the same issue a while back. Personally I'm still lost in the Bill Gates' jungle of Windows, so I know fuck all about Apple stuff.

Anyway this link should help:

http://www.fanpop.com/spots/ipod/articles/23176/title/how-transfer-itunes-library-between-mac-windows

Oct 28, 2011 12:45 PM ET #3 (permalink)

did find some soft ware to confert ipod to ipod did buy it today see if that works

Oct 28, 2011 3:42 PM ET #4 (permalink)

The whole management of ipods through iTunes is a pain in the ass and worst thing about them. I'm hoping the new ones will let you transfer music over wifi without iTunes.

Jan 25, 2012 3:53 PM ET #5 (permalink)

got a similar issue, have ipod touch, which is synced to my old pc. just got a new laptop and want to get my music from my ipod onto my itunes on the laptop itunes is telling me that i can sync my ipod up and erase everything. and its the only way to do it.
havent got a data transfer cable or ewxternal hard drive. really dont want to download any dodgy transfer programmes onto a pristine uninfected system.

any advice or anyone able to assist? any help is appreciated.

Jan 25, 2012 5:03 PM ET #6 (permalink)

Buying an ipod, yep there's your problem.

Jan 25, 2012 6:52 PM ET #7 (permalink)

ZMA

^ Yea that's literally the problem Cynic nailed it. I've owned an ipod since the ipod mini. Now I have an old iphone and a classic and it's the same shit with all of them.

There is a way to kinda make things a little easier but it won't put the songs onto your computer. You need to go to the original computer your ipod was first synced to and set it to manual. But for wilco's sake, when you get it and hooked it up to your computer when it syncs, set your ipod to manually manage your music. This way if you come across someone who has music you'd want to have you can plug into their itunes and rip songs from their library without erasing the music you already have on it. Kinda annoying but it worked for me.
Because I don't use the same computer my ipod was originally synced with so by setting it to manual I can plug it into other computers and rip music from my other itunes. But yea it'd probably be better not to get an ipod lol.

Jan 26, 2012 8:36 AM ET #8 (permalink)

See, what you gotta do is, you gotta steal the Decleration of Independence.

Jan 26, 2012 2:41 PM ET #9 (permalink)

ZMA

^ Uh............... yea that. Just do that........

Bet if you sold that shit on the black market you'd probably get enough money to buy out Apple and change it to your own desires. I'd make an ipad the size of a small room and play the biggest game of angry birds ever.

Jan 28, 2012 11:15 AM ET #10 (permalink)

just got a ipad yesterday trying to work it but stil like my ipod put today new lamb of god on there wicked album

Reply to Discussion or Return to Non-Metal Music Discussion forum