"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Most anticipated album of 2009

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Most anticipated album of 2009

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 29 1 2 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 29 1 2 Last
Jul 8, 2009 7:19 PM ET #1 (permalink)

We may be over half way through the year but we've still got releases from Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth, Suffocation, Municipal Waste, Skindred and loads of others.

I've pre-ordered Suffocations new album and I'm really looking forward to that. Anthrax and Slayer have got my attention too. I also can't wait for the new Skindred and Fozzy records.

Jul 8, 2009 7:28 PM ET #2 (permalink)

I've made it no secret that the new behemoth album is going to make me jizz all over my house the day it's released.

Other than that, I'm most looking forward to the release of Slayer's new album, and Necrophagist, simply because I NEED more super-technical yngwie Malmsteen-style death metal. I already heard one of Necrophagist's new songs live, and it made me jizz right in the middle of the crowd. It was real embarrasing.

Jul 8, 2009 7:47 PM ET #3 (permalink)

I'm definitely looking forward to the next Through the Eyes of the Dead record, but I'm not sure if it will be out by the end of '09.

Jul 8, 2009 7:51 PM ET #4 (permalink)

^Can't say I'm really looking forward to the next Behemoth. The Apostasy was a watered down Demigod and the new track they posted isn't much better. They seem to be stuck in a rut, and it makes me sad.
As for Anthrax, I've never been to big on them, but I am interested in hearing the Refused cover.

Jul 8, 2009 8:13 PM ET #5 (permalink)

^watered down demigod?! Really?!

My friend who introduced me to them thought the same at first, unitl he actually went back and listened to it. Now he thinks it's the best death metal album of the past decade. And he listens to nile religiously.

Apostasy was Demigod but faster and more technical, and more epic overall. I'm serious when I say, go back and give it another try, it's quite a leap up. then again, Zos Kia and thelema werent very sytlistically different, and yet there were two fantastic albums. Demigod was aleap up from those tow, and I personally believe Apostasy to be another leap up. If the next album is only the same amount of good as Apostasy, then I'll still get another kickass album.

I will agree though that the new track didnt excite me as much as I expected it to. I'll wait for another release to judge.

No wPlaying: Lord Belial- Pazuzu

Jul 8, 2009 8:15 PM ET #6 (permalink)

Yep FAN nailed it for me again. Especially SLAYER. What FAN said.

Jul 8, 2009 8:21 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Personally, being an absolute weirdo and all, I'm waiting for the funeral doom band Loss to release their debut. Big fan since there first demo. So you know, that and all the rest.

Jul 8, 2009 8:24 PM ET #8 (permalink)

Ok buddy, for you I'll give it another shot. lol.
Even if I still don't like it, it'll be ok because I still have five other albums of theirs that I do like.

Jul 8, 2009 8:36 PM ET #9 (permalink)

Really? I have to pick one? I guess Suffocation mostly, but Behemoth and Slayer are up there, and now BTBAM.

Jul 8, 2009 8:41 PM ET #10 (permalink)

oh, and speaking of behemoth, Pov, (or anyone else who read the shit I type) you should check out the band Azarath if you havnt already. It's The drummer Inferno's other band. REALLY fuckin good too.

Now Playing: Azarath- Legacy of Tyrant Goat

Jul 8, 2009 8:43 PM ET #11 (permalink)

oh, and DIE, I heard two songs off Suffo's new album live. One was the title track, Blood Oath, but i forget what the title of the other was. Either weay, those two songs were some of the best I had heard their whole set. You will not be dissapointed.

If you happen to catch them live, they're selling the new album at their shows before the actual release date.

Jul 8, 2009 10:37 PM ET #12 (permalink)

ARTILLERY!

Jul 8, 2009 11:06 PM ET #13 (permalink)

Oh and I'd say Burzum but looks like we'll have to wait til next year.

Jul 8, 2009 11:09 PM ET #14 (permalink)

I can't wait until Nile & Slayer's new albums,but then again I mine as well say Behemoth's new album as well cuz I know as soon as Dustin gets that album that's all we'll be listening to in my car for like two weeks.lol.

Jul 9, 2009 12:17 AM ET #15 (permalink)

Did the new Goatwhore get released yet? I think that one is shaping up to be really good.

Jul 9, 2009 9:07 AM ET #16 (permalink)

Slaaaaaaaaaayer!!!!!!!!!!!111111111. I'm also looking forward to Living Sacrificce to finally get something out, but not sure if it's planned for this year. And cautiously optimistic for the new Shadows Fall.

Jul 9, 2009 10:55 AM ET #17 (permalink)

Mushroomhead!

Jul 9, 2009 12:16 PM ET #18 (permalink)

Hopefully Slayer's new album surpasses Christ Illusion and lives up to their early material, but these are just hopes.

Jul 9, 2009 1:07 PM ET #19 (permalink)

There are several more releases this year that I know I'm looking forward to:

SLAYER
Behemoth
Megadeth
Suffocation
Nile (though that may be next year)
Anthrax -- I don't know, I'll have to see before I buy it

Mostly the same things that everyone else is looking forward to...

Jul 9, 2009 7:11 PM ET #20 (permalink)

ALL SHALL FALL!

Jul 9, 2009 8:36 PM ET #21 (permalink)

looking forward
for the new anthrax
they kicked ass on gras pop there new singer rocks
and the slayer album if it ever comes out
just had the new ufo in the mail do like there album

Jul 10, 2009 9:04 AM ET #22 (permalink)

Megadeth
Slayer
And a couple of other ones...

Jul 11, 2009 12:14 AM ET #23 (permalink)

Overkill
Morbid Angel

Jul 11, 2009 2:27 PM ET #24 (permalink)

well now i do have to say lynchmob

Jul 20, 2009 11:48 AM ET #25 (permalink)

Truthfully I am kind of looking forward to the new Children of Bodom album of nothing but covers. I am interested to see how they do some of those songs.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum