"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

What's for din-din?

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> What's for din-din?

Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 242 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 242 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 Last
Sep 25, 2009 10:33 PM ET #26 (permalink)

Well nothing wrong with watching the intake, as long as it's not total vegan. I just think those people are fruit loops. Now sometimes you have allergic reactions to some meats, which I understand. But as a concious decision, I just can't get on board with that.

Sep 26, 2009 12:05 PM ET #27 (permalink)

I had some goulash last night with tomatoes, onion, and jalapenos with mozzarella cheese melted over the top of it. Yum.

Sep 28, 2009 1:38 PM ET #28 (permalink)

AP1: There are some pretty strange vegan diets. I knew a chick that refused to eat anything that grew above the ground. How far can ya go on something like that? Stoooopid!

Had a nice thick steak, baked potato and salad last night.

Sep 28, 2009 1:54 PM ET #29 (permalink)

Chicken Fried Steak, Au Gratin potatoes and some green beans. Had almost the same thing for lunch today. Gotta love leftovers.

Blind: That is a total Sunday football dinner right there brother! What are we talkin'? T-Bone, Porterhouse, Ribeye?

Sep 28, 2009 2:14 PM ET #30 (permalink)

AP1: Absolutely my brother!!! It was a tasty Ribeye. I also brought the leftovers for lunch.

Sep 28, 2009 2:41 PM ET #31 (permalink)

my "din din2 was a mcdonalds meal at 1500 this afternoon.. now im hungry again

Sep 28, 2009 2:48 PM ET #32 (permalink)

Cynic: I'm in the same boat. My roommate's diabetic and some of his eating habits have rubbed off on me. When chicken's cheap, I usually pick up. I'll do that for dinners half the week and other half is a mix of beans, veggies and pasta. I always have turkey for lunch though. I'm trying quinoa to sub out rice. It was hard enough getting away from white rice to brown but it's healthier. But I do miss bison burgers :( I used to cook them up with garlic and green onions in the meat, seasoned with salt, pepper and a little soy sauce and threw on some bacon, green chili and a slice of pepper jack with a toasted bun. Now I'm hungry qq lol

Jack: Overprocessed foods will do that. I used to love inhaling 4 Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers from Wendy's and then 2hr later doing it all over again. Couldn't ever do it with McDonald's, always left me with unpleasant side effects so I did away with them a while ago.

Sep 28, 2009 2:49 PM ET #33 (permalink)

i had been at work for 7 hours before i got a chance for lunch/dinner wasnt hungry when food was made at home.. now i am.. beer will have to do

Sep 28, 2009 2:51 PM ET #34 (permalink)

Jack: +1, good choice

Sep 28, 2009 3:09 PM ET #35 (permalink)

Beer is always a good choice... \m/\m/

Sep 28, 2009 3:13 PM ET #36 (permalink)

Yeah Eyeless, as in my flat cooking for 7 when one is a vegetarian can be quite difficult. I have a feeling AP may be a spy for some food company, as every time I read this thread I feel compelled to eat! Chunky soup and a banana for lunch. Hammerheart's meal sounds good!

Sep 28, 2009 5:07 PM ET #37 (permalink)

College meal: Ramen!

Sep 28, 2009 5:21 PM ET #38 (permalink)

Lol DIE. Are you practicing for your future as a starving student?

Cynic: AP1 isn't a spy for a food company... He's a Southerner. That's just how the Southern folk roll.

Sep 29, 2009 5:16 PM ET #39 (permalink)

Meh, I actually just like ramen. Speaking of southern, fried chicken sounds finger lickin' go...to avoid copyright infringement.

Sep 29, 2009 5:20 PM ET #40 (permalink)

It's offical, this is my favourite thread. American students survive on instant noodles as well then?

Sep 29, 2009 9:29 PM ET #41 (permalink)

Cynic: That and mac and cheese.

I had some taco soup tonight with some cornbread.

Sep 30, 2009 11:13 AM ET #42 (permalink)

I never had mac and cheese. We always called it lack of money and cheese. Speaking of ramen; I saw a comercial this weekend that advertised (I shit you not) 5 star ramen for only $6.99. Seriously? What the hell has this world come to? Lest we not forget Rice-A-Roni gentlemen. Many a hippie students back in the sixties would have died of starvation on the streets of San Francisco had it not been for the San Francisco treat. From what I understand the tradition still lives on to this very day.

I had leftover sketti last night and brought the rest of it for lunch today. I make a damn fine meatball marinara.

(This post was last edited on September 30, 2009 at 11:17 AM ET.)

Sep 30, 2009 11:39 AM ET #43 (permalink)

AP1: I've been having so much mac and cheese that I've been getting sick of it. Which is amazing, 'cause I never thought I'd get sick of mac and cheese.

So... here's the food I packed in my lunchbag for my long period of study (until 9) today... martadella deli meat and swiss cheese sandwich, granola bar, yogurt, washed red kidney beans and water. I'm living the college dream, aren't I?

Sep 30, 2009 12:38 PM ET #44 (permalink)

I just had my beans, water and yogurt. I feel special XD...

Sep 30, 2009 1:01 PM ET #45 (permalink)

With the exception of the beans, that sounded like a damn tasty lunch. What kind of yogurt? My all time fav is pineapple. I can't think of one way you can feed me pineapple and I wouldn't eat it.

NP: Faith No More= Paths Of Glory

Sep 30, 2009 1:03 PM ET #46 (permalink)

AP1: That reminds me of a South Park episode.

Sep 30, 2009 1:05 PM ET #47 (permalink)

Hey I just watched the Kubrick movie "Paths of Glory" for the first time the other day which that song is based off. Made me think long and hard about WWI. Last night I made kung pao chicken with cashew nuts, was a meal fit for a king.

Sep 30, 2009 1:08 PM ET #48 (permalink)

Haha oh my I HATE pineapple. My brother tried to get me to buy canned pineapple the other day when we went grocery shopping and I said no damned way. That shit is nasty :P I had strawberry yogurt.

Sep 30, 2009 2:51 PM ET #49 (permalink)

Blind: LOL I know exactly what episode you're talking about.

Dinner last night turned into me drinking a bunch of beers while trying to build a foundation for a bed I just bought. I don't recommend anyone ever try this. -_-

Sep 30, 2009 3:05 PM ET #50 (permalink)

I fucking love pineapple, especially the fresh stuff. I've heard grilling it is good too, but I haven't tried it yet.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum