"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

What's for din-din?

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> What's for din-din?

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 242 1 2 3 ... 9 10 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 242 1 2 3 ... 9 10 Last
Sep 21, 2009 6:39 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Just curious to see what you guys like to eat. Let's not turn this into a thing where we post if we are eating a ding dong or something like that. Just whatever you are going to eat, or just had. I am having dirty rice tonight.

Sep 21, 2009 6:48 PM ET #2 (permalink)

I'm eating a din.. no wait I see - Tonight I will be making spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. I'm horrible at guessing at portions though so I always end up making twice as much as I need because I don't like to go hungry.

Sep 21, 2009 6:57 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Then why don't you just make half the amount? :/

Sep 21, 2009 8:58 PM ET #4 (permalink)

That's why God invented leftovers brother!

Sep 21, 2009 11:05 PM ET #5 (permalink)

*Burps* Ah...just finished eating 3 "mashed potatoes & cheese" pan-fried tacos dipped into sour cream and topped with a splash of hot sauce. Not the healthiest of all foods but it's damn delicious!

Sep 21, 2009 11:06 PM ET #6 (permalink)

ROAST BEEF SAMMICHES!!!!!!!!!

Sep 22, 2009 3:21 AM ET #7 (permalink)

ah, had mine in two parts. 1) bean patty recipe i experimented with the day before. 2) tofu in a marinade with steamed broccoli... been playing around with vegetarian/vegan cooking. surprisingly, it's not bad.

Sep 22, 2009 6:20 AM ET #8 (permalink)

Shredder, that sounds positively artery hardening, and yummy at the same time.

Eyeless, sorry man, stick with the meat.

Sep 22, 2009 11:24 AM ET #9 (permalink)

I had chicken enchiladas with green chili sauce (and sour cream of course), some refried's with Not-Cho-Cheese drizzled on top of them and some killer spanish rice last night. The little woman can cook the hell out of some massican food. Tonight I'm having bar-B-qued pizza. Ya just take a frozen pizza out of the freezer and throw it on the grill over indirect heat and throw some mesquite wood chips into the fire for that South-Western kick in the ass. Taaaaasty!

Sep 22, 2009 11:53 AM ET #10 (permalink)

I had last night off and didn't want to do anything difficult meal-wise, so I just made myself a grilled cheese sandwich and a Polish sausage smothered with onions, banana peppers, jalapenos, and mustard. Now that's a tasty meal, lol.

Sep 22, 2009 1:17 PM ET #11 (permalink)

Because if I made half the amount and misunderestimated it even slightly, I would risk going hungry - not an option. Amen to that AP. God damn this thread is making me hungry...

Sep 22, 2009 1:27 PM ET #12 (permalink)

considering heading out to the chippy for Cod and Chips smothered in salt n vinegar..

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sep 22, 2009 1:51 PM ET #13 (permalink)

Jackrum: That DOES sound tasty. I wish we had a descent Fish-N-Chips place here. I made my own last week, but it just isn't the same without it being wrapped in a copy of the Sun. lol.

Sep 22, 2009 3:06 PM ET #14 (permalink)

Right on the head Jack. Fish and muh-fukin Chips. The spousal unit is going to attempt some chicken dumplings tonight. Let's see how that goes.

Sep 22, 2009 3:20 PM ET #15 (permalink)

I think I'm eating pasta with tomatoes/olive oil.

Sep 23, 2009 11:19 PM ET #16 (permalink)

Had some Burger King tonight. God I love that place.

Sep 24, 2009 4:46 PM ET #17 (permalink)

DIE: Were you unsure what was for dinner or was the dish so bad that you weren't sure what it was? lol.

AP1: Ughh! I HATE that place. Every time I get a burger there it looks like somebody sat on it. You want a fuckin delicious burger? In-N-Out; double-double animal style. Now THAT is good eating. You need to make a trip over when you get settled in at alamagordo. I guarantee you'll never forget it. Best part is - I've never waited more than a few minutes in the drive through (even when the line is 15 cars deep) and the order is always correct. Oh, and everything is fresh because they grow thier own beef taters etc. They've got my vote for best burger joint ever.

Sep 24, 2009 5:19 PM ET #18 (permalink)

Lol, I don't usually plan meals so I didn't know if I was in fact going to be eating that, but I did. Tonight will most likely be left-over vegetable soup with Italian seasonings.

(This post was last edited on September 24, 2009 at 5:20 PM ET.)

Sep 24, 2009 5:45 PM ET #19 (permalink)

Vegetable soup, good stuff. The other day I had a "Bison Burger", didn't know 'til some time later it was actual bison. Had no idea you Americans still ate them, but mmmm I can see why they were hunted to near extinction! Tasty. Tonight I'll crack out the spring onions and make some sort of chicken stew I think.

Do you eat vegetarian DIE? Due to the influence of a friend I've been trying to decrease my meat intake, not easy but I'm getting there.

(This post was last edited on September 24, 2009 at 5:47 PM ET.)

Sep 24, 2009 6:09 PM ET #20 (permalink)

Cynic: Where'd you get that Bison burger from? Ruby Tuesday's makes a Bison burger that only has Bison (no ground beef mixed in), and yes, they are quite tasty!

DIE: Good deal. I do loves me some vegie soup, but I have to admit that I go through DDT's if I don't eat meat for over 24 hours.

Sep 24, 2009 6:10 PM ET #21 (permalink)

No, I don't actually, but I can certainly see where that idea may arise. I'm not as blood thirsty as most Americans, but I do eat meat. I do wonder why a lot. :p

Sep 24, 2009 11:20 PM ET #22 (permalink)

Blind: One of my biggest regrets when I was in Cali, was that I didn't eat at an In-N-Out Burger. "I hear they got some tasty burgers". How far East do they go? The other regret from Cali was I couldn't fuck that bad ass stripper in Frisco.

Cynic: Don't give up on the meat brother. Ron White said it best: "I didn't climb to the top of the food chain to eat carrots".

Sep 25, 2009 11:01 AM ET #23 (permalink)

AP1: Arizona and Utah are as far East as they go. Magic Johnson's chain "Fat Burger" is pretty good too, but I like the In-N-Out better. Ahh yes... Life's regrets. lol.

Sep 25, 2009 1:32 PM ET #24 (permalink)

The bison burger I got wasn't at a chain, it was at a bar here in Colorado Springs. Haha, don't worry AP I doubt I will ever be able to go cold turkey on meat (or is that without..? I couldn't resist!!). Still, these last few years I've been trying to increase intake of eggs, vegetables, rice etc. and stick to lean meats - boring I know.

(This post was last edited on September 25, 2009 at 1:33 PM ET.)

Sep 25, 2009 3:55 PM ET #25 (permalink)

I mostly eat pork, chicken and fish (if that's considered meat?). But I like beef IN things, like chili, and not really by itself or between bread. I do like pot roast though.

I love eggs!

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum