"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

ENDGAME from MEGADETH

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> ENDGAME from MEGADETH

Displaying 19 posts
Displaying 19 posts
Sep 16, 2009 4:23 AM ET #1 (permalink)

Ok guys, this album is present since yesterday, what do you think ???? do you have listen ??

ok i will speak it fastly.
i think this album resume the career(i have a doubt for this word) of Megadeth, dave's solo are very impressionant, chris it was the better choice since the outside of Marty but i really think that chris it was yet at 100%...the futur could we say....and from the songs, i like simply their work.
It's my opinion, i know that some people fan of megadeth dislike this album...
Now i'm waiting the tour and i hope that Megadeth will come in Paris, France

Sep 17, 2009 7:34 AM ET #2 (permalink)

dont hav it yet in my hands
but what i did hear it sounded good

Sep 17, 2009 4:12 PM ET #3 (permalink)

I listened to it on their Myspace and was really impressed. I'll definitely buy it when I can afford to.

Sep 23, 2009 6:03 AM ET #4 (permalink)

giving it a proper listen now.. so far very good

Sep 23, 2009 8:16 AM ET #5 (permalink)

Still waiting for MU to give a review on the album.

MU's reviews are among the best online about metal albums. Always a good read 1st thing in the morning.

Sep 23, 2009 10:23 AM ET #6 (permalink)

All I've heard so far was "Headcrusher," and I liked it. I'll end up buying it when I can afford it, I've got a lot of bills to pay at the moment.

Sep 24, 2009 4:09 AM ET #7 (permalink)

Upon first listen, I was floored, stripped and butt-raped by awesomeness. This shits all over Death Magnetic and I don't think even the new Slayer is capable of topping this. Dave can be a total dick but he definitely has the content to back it up. ALBUM OF THE YEAR!

Sep 24, 2009 4:35 PM ET #8 (permalink)

banana: BLASPHEMOR!!!

Sep 26, 2009 12:02 PM ET #9 (permalink)

I bought the album yesterday, and it's really good. I wouldn't say "album of the year" though, there's just been too many awesome albums this year.

Sep 30, 2009 2:00 PM ET #10 (permalink)

Well it's best that Dave done since Rust In Peace, but what the fuck with ''Sealed with a Kiss''? That song is damn painful!

Oct 7, 2009 8:22 PM ET #11 (permalink)

I got the album. I think it's alright, not great, but alright.

Oct 8, 2009 12:50 AM ET #12 (permalink)

I think it's not alright, not great, but good. Maybe it's just because I heard it at a much more impressionable age, but The System Has Failed is probably my favorite album of theirs since Rust in Peace.

Oct 8, 2009 1:49 AM ET #13 (permalink)

^Ew! Ew! Ew! That album was downright DREADFUL!

Havn't heard Endgame yet, but I'm hearing good things and mediocre things, so we'll see.

Oct 8, 2009 7:00 AM ET #14 (permalink)

got it on island last sunday
do think a good album
he do need friedman any more to schred work on there

have to admit me as a metallica fan do like endgame more than death magnetic

Oct 27, 2009 11:11 AM ET #15 (permalink)

Agreeing with Wilco... Metallica is one of my favs and I haven't heard much Megadeth(aside from Countdown), and Endgame trumps Death Magnetic by far, even if both are awesome.

Hopefully World Painted Blood will be another great album from The Big Four this year.

Oct 27, 2009 12:28 PM ET #16 (permalink)

This album rapes face, man, but be prepared to sit through Dave's occasional blackboard-scratchy clean singing. Endgame would've been second only to RIP if Dave had snarled and sneered his way through the music, like he should be doing. Oh well, it's still one of 2009's best, if not THE.

Slayer's new record sounds really mediocre from the samples I've heard so far. It's a little like South of Heaven, but bland and what's with the shitty production?

Oct 27, 2009 3:04 PM ET #17 (permalink)

the new Megadeth record rips, but i can't find any songs that have that staying power of past classics. sure Mustaine is back etc etc, but everything is old school, not memorable

Nov 5, 2009 5:59 PM ET #18 (permalink)

got it the week it came out... and FREAKIN LOVED IT! Dave mustaine is the king of thrash. end of story. he has some of the greatest albums out there.

Nov 5, 2009 6:05 PM ET #19 (permalink)

It was a good album but World Painted Blood beat it hands down I thought. I also wouldn't give it album of the year, I'm still giving that one to Sepultura's "A-Lex" myself.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum