"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

rem

Posted in: Forum Home >> Non-Metal Music Discussion >> rem

Displaying 7 posts
Displaying 7 posts
Sep 21, 2011 3:23 PM ET #1 (permalink)

today good news rem quits its about time it needed to happen 30 years ago
i really think they make shit ass music good to kill your self with it

Sep 21, 2011 4:05 PM ET #2 (permalink)

R10

Damn,Wilco,REM packed it in? Sorry dude,i liked the first few REM records,guilty confession there guy. Never saw them live,but they have a good 8-10 songs i listen to today,without shame!

Sep 21, 2011 6:32 PM ET #3 (permalink)

I've always liked R.E.M. so I'm a little sad to hear about them calling it a day.

Sep 22, 2011 6:34 AM ET #4 (permalink)

REM band has really good music and has really good songs. I have searched for a long time a tool that converts YouTube music into MP3. I'm an avid fan on this song that is why i searched for a free tool that converts it. I found http://www.flockee.com/static/youtube-to-mp3/?title=youtube-to-mp3-converter&category=on-line-tools that can easily convert it. For just a couple of minutes, your chosen song or video will be converted in just pasting the URL on it. The great thing is this tool is 100% free!

Sep 22, 2011 9:59 AM ET #5 (permalink)

just a fucking lame ass band rem hate that poppy shit music for the masses soory people for the ones who like them

Sep 22, 2011 11:56 AM ET #6 (permalink)

its {not} the end of the world

Sep 25, 2011 7:28 AM ET #7 (permalink)

Each to their own, Wilco.

REM has made some great albums, like Out Of Time, Automatic, New Adventures... etc.

Looking back, they should have pulled the plug when the drummer Bill Berry quit in the late 90s.
Sure, they made some great songs here and there after he left, like "Great Beyond", "Daysleeper" and "Leaving New York", but not a one SINGLE solid album.

What I was always amazed about REM was their loose quality control: They could have terrible poop right next to some amazing songs.
It's like REM represents some of the best and worse of American guitar rock, imo. Lately, purely for the latter, so I can definitely see why they pulled the plug. It was the right thing to do.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Non-Metal Music Discussion forum