"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Album Covers: The good the bad and the WTF

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Album Covers: The good the bad and the WTF

Displaying 7 posts
Displaying 7 posts
Sep 11, 2009 8:21 PM ET #1 (permalink)

This post inspired by: metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=48187

I know there are people who have seen some BAD album covers from GREAT bands. Whine about them here, and if you'd like, post a link to a pic, tha'd be great.

(This post was last edited on September 11, 2009 at 8:23 PM ET.)

Sep 11, 2009 11:16 PM ET #2 (permalink)

The first 2 Rammstein albums. Especially the first one.

Sep 12, 2009 1:37 AM ET #3 (permalink)

As much as I love these two bands...the following album covers are lame!

Destruction's - Release From Agony

http://images.uulyrics.com/cover/d/destruction/album-release-from-agony.jpg

Sodom's - 'Till Death Do Us Unite

http://www.bocadoinferno.com/romepeige/artigos/keruak/sodom3.jpg

(This post was last edited on September 12, 2009 at 1:39 AM ET.)

Sep 12, 2009 6:54 AM ET #4 (permalink)

Manowar's Into Glory Ride even made the top 100 of all time, any genre.

Sep 12, 2009 5:52 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Oh! As Oz pointed out in another thread, the original cover for "Killing Is My Business..." is flat out hideous!

Sep 17, 2009 4:11 PM ET #6 (permalink)

I always felt the cover for "The Force" by Onslaught was really crap, especially since the album itself is so good. The cover makes it look really ameteur. "The X Factor" by Iron Maiden also has a pretty naff cover.

In the WTF, section, "Impeckable" by Budgie. The album itself is a great slice of 70s heavy metal but the cover itself is very strange for a rock album. For anyone who hasn't seen it. It's just a drawing of a cat looking at a parrot.

Sep 17, 2009 5:40 PM ET #7 (permalink)

any album cover from kiss sucks
but tenugent is up there as well

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum