"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

best guitar lick in the world

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> best guitar lick in the world

Displaying 7 posts
Displaying 7 posts
Sep 10, 2009 7:28 PM ET #1 (permalink)

what do you all think about the best guitar lick in the world

think south of heaven or cat scratch fever

Sep 11, 2009 3:14 AM ET #2 (permalink)

hard to say which is the best ever but im sure it was played by Tony Iommi

Sep 11, 2009 7:56 AM ET #3 (permalink)

Is this best riff, or best solo? For best solo I like Far Beyond the Sun by Yngwie Malmsteen. For best riff I like too many to list. Maybe Heart's Barracuda.

(This post was last edited on September 11, 2009 at 7:57 AM ET.)

Sep 11, 2009 10:46 AM ET #4 (permalink)

I think a lick is like halfway in between a riff and a solo? There's already a best riff thread floating around somewhere...

Sep 11, 2009 4:31 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Teg Nugent's "Stranglehold" has to at least be on the list.

Sep 11, 2009 7:10 PM ET #6 (permalink)

see i had to make a choice between stranglehold or cat scratch fever
check out the live version from stranglehold on motorcity mayhem

Sep 29, 2009 10:01 PM ET #7 (permalink)

maybe the opening to Miley Cyrus' Party in the USA? FUCK THAT!!! just fuckin with ya'll I cant pick a #1 but i think Redneck my Lamb of God or Set to Fail (chorse) by Lamb of God should be on the list. as far as solo's go i would have to put the solo from the song So It Goes by Unearth up there.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum