"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

the black dahlia murder new cd?

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> the black dahlia murder new cd?

Displaying 8 posts
Displaying 8 posts
Sep 9, 2009 6:13 PM ET #1 (permalink)

i dont know what to think about their new album.
well, something is telling me i should listen to the whole thing, but after watching their music video on youtube it made me not want to have anything to do with tbm
they are very well on their way to being a sold out washed away discount cd at walmart if they keep heading that direction.
i want unhollowed back.

(This post was last edited on September 9, 2009 at 6:14 PM ET.)

Sep 9, 2009 6:29 PM ET #2 (permalink)

I'm glad their facade is coming down. All they talk about is how metal they are and how they sound like Malevolent Creation and Morbid Angel, but in the end they're just a poor mans At The Gatesycore.

Sep 9, 2009 8:59 PM ET #3 (permalink)

At The Gates are so GOOD!

...like, seriously, -GOOD-!!

Sep 10, 2009 12:20 PM ET #4 (permalink)

I don't know, I haven't heard anything off their new CD yet, so I'll reserve judgment until I do. But I like their older stuff, even though it is more or less metalcore. They're one of the few bands that can do it well, in my humble opinion.

And for the record, At the Gates are one of my favorite bands to this day. I'd love to see them get back together.

Sep 12, 2009 1:57 AM ET #5 (permalink)

Cynic, you really know your shit when it comes to metal, better than most. It really surprises me that you find any "core" elements in their current sound.

Sep 12, 2009 7:39 PM ET #6 (permalink)

Oh yeah I should have been a bit clearer about that comment (I was a little miffed that day you might notice haha), that was in reference to their previous output. I think vocally there are still a heavy amount metalcore and modern elements left in their new stuff, but musically there is next to none.

Oct 21, 2009 9:57 AM ET #7 (permalink)

its different but i really like it, especially that new lead guitar player....the guy can shred

Oct 21, 2009 9:39 PM ET #8 (permalink)

^I don't care if you're a guy or a girl, that's the greatnest nick ever hahahah, cheers for the giggles :)

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum