"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

american football 2011 college & NFL

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> american football 2011 college & NFL

Displaying posts 151 - 173 of 173 1 2 ... 5 6 7 Last
Displaying posts 151 - 173 of 173 1 2 ... 5 6 7 Last
Dec 12, 2011 6:35 PM ET #151 (permalink)

RTB

come on greed, reach into that soul of yours and turn that black heart of yours into a heart of gold..
is it not the reason why tebow and the broncos are winning because of our lord and savior?...no not judas greed
JESUS!....makes me wanna grab the mic in front of a cult like following and rev up the crowd like steve martin did in leap of faith.....or you can kind of prepare the good graces tim has cultivated like forrest gump...he prayed for shrimp and looked what happend?...
put an extra 20$ in the church plate on sunday and start believing, the power of prayer works, and its evident in tim freaking tebow.....
ok, that was a cheap attempt to get laughs for fucksakes, the broncos are an inspiring story, tim tebow is a great guy. hes inspired his teammates and lets face it, how can you hate tebow? hes the closest thing to a perfect person as you can imagine, anyone read what this guy has done in his life?...
we'll see what the broncos are made of this week, i mean 5 of there 6 wins are against non playoff teams, the patriots are "thee" test to see if this team is for real or just good enough to win the second worst division in football.....1 thing is new englands secondary is horrible, tebow may actually have success early throwing the ball down field...im a long time broncos fan, but im also a realist, new england wins 34-27 but i dont expect the broncos to take it up the ass like they did to the lions...

Dec 13, 2011 9:59 AM ET #152 (permalink)

My best buddy in the whole world is a Gators fan, so yeah, been watching Tebow for years now. Gotta admit the kid is special. Only problem with that train rollin down the track is the fact that much the same way he rallies the team behind him thus it will crumble should he stumble and fall. Beware of false prophets RTB. LMAO!

Dec 18, 2011 1:13 AM ET #153 (permalink)

My Cajuns pulled off a win in their first Division IA bowl appearance. One hell of a game. They aren't my Tigers, but they are my local hometown college team, so I support them too. Let's hope this is a sign of better things to come. GEAUX CAJUNS!!!

Dec 18, 2011 10:34 PM ET #154 (permalink)

Green Bay lost to the hapless, (sorry Godlike) Chiefs. Paaaaa! haaaaaaaa! haaaaaa!

Dec 19, 2011 6:51 AM ET #155 (permalink)

R10

Strange week,Pack lose,Tebow runs outta magic,and thanks Eagles for stomping the Jets! And the Giants,my god,who wants to win the NFC East? Strange.

Dec 19, 2011 11:04 AM ET #156 (permalink)

R10: 2011 will be forever known as the year that the NFC BEAST turned into the NFC LEAST. Regardless of who wins the division this year they'll be one and done.

The fuckin planets alligned or some shit yesterday.

Dec 23, 2011 10:06 AM ET #157 (permalink)

Big game tomorrow night for my Iggs. Regardless of our playoff picture, beating the cowballs at home would make for a very merry chsitmas for this Iggs fan. All the analysts are picking the Iggs for the upset which usually means we'll suck donkey crank but here's to fuckin pipe dreams! Cheers fuckers!

Dec 23, 2011 10:41 AM ET #158 (permalink)

R10

Will be strange watching all this football on Saturday afternoon. I hope all three teams finish 8-8 in the NFC East. Let it all come down to tie breakers. The Cowboys seem to choke year in and year out. Pats play an improved fish team at home. Phins have shown life lately,playing spoilers. Cant believe Indy beat Texans last night. They're blowing thier chance at A. Luck.

Dec 23, 2011 11:37 AM ET #159 (permalink)

Nah, I don't see Bruno's phins pulling it off against your Pats after the firing spree they just had R10.

Dec 23, 2011 11:46 AM ET #160 (permalink)

R10

The biggest problem with the Pats is our D greed. Shootouts every game. Were giving up 400+ yards a game to everybody it seems. Doesnt bode well for playoffs. Even with home field,i worry about the Ravens,Pitt,Jets. It seems it comes down to the Brady,Welker,Gronk,Hernandez,show every game. AU's Gronk btw is an absolute monster. Best tight end in the game,there is no close second! Not bad for a 2nd round pick coming off back surgury. We got a steal there!

Dec 23, 2011 12:15 PM ET #161 (permalink)

Oh I know it is. What bodes well for you is the firing power of the teams you're facing. Nothing too scary there. With Big Ben hurt, the trio you mentioned is not even a little concerning. Look at what my Iggs hung on the Jets dude. We fuckin SUCK this year too. Just chill. Belicheck will have them in shape through the playoffs. He always does. That's why I fuckin hate him lol.

Dec 27, 2011 1:40 AM ET #162 (permalink)

Anyone see Drew Brees break the single season passing record? At home to boot? Anyone who still thinks Arron Rodgers deserves to be the MVP is an idiot.

Dec 27, 2011 3:52 PM ET #163 (permalink)

R10

Congrats to Brees for breaking that passing yards record. Got a feeling Brady shoots to second alltime this weekend,he'll pass Marino also. Im an idiot i guess ap1,i pick Rogers for MVP. Look at his rating,and how few picks he has thrown. And im a huge Brady fan. A darkhorse could be Gronkowski for that MVP,totally had revolutionized the tightend position with records. Even though Graham in NO has had a awesome season also. My pick: Rogers!

Jan 3, 2012 1:14 PM ET #164 (permalink)

Yeah Rodgers's QB rating is off the fuckin hook compared to Brees'. No big surprises to me this weekend. G-men will likely beat out the Falcons and then go down to the next seed. Jeebus what a fucked season this has been for NFCE.

Jan 3, 2012 1:47 PM ET #165 (permalink)

OSU vs. Stanford was an entertaining game. I honestly thought Stanford played more consistently, but OSU made the most out of the big plays. If Stanford had better luck with field goals (a freshman was the best they had?), it would have gone the other way.

Jan 3, 2012 2:54 PM ET #166 (permalink)

DJ: "if Stanford had better Luck", LMAO! I see what you did there!!!

Jan 9, 2012 10:06 AM ET #167 (permalink)

AP1: Before we dropped cell service last night I was trying to tell you that NY will prime up Green Bay for you next week. I see the Saints moving past the 9ers next week and NY and GB will beat the hell out of eachother. Looks good for the Saints right now. Didn't see the Tebows beating the Stillers last night comming at all. That was fucking crazy. AFC is bassically a mind fuck right now. If the Ravens can get Flaco firing, they could take it all, if not the Pats will await the NFC champs who will inevitably kick their asses.

Jan 9, 2012 1:09 PM ET #168 (permalink)

Big game tonight folks!!! LSU and Bama. It's goin down! GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Jan 10, 2012 10:24 AM ET #169 (permalink)

Hope AP1 is okay. Tigers got fucking destroyed by the Tide last night.

Jan 10, 2012 1:11 PM ET #170 (permalink)

RTB

think its offical who the best cfb coach in america is, the teacher schooled the student beyond comprehension...
i was critical of the bcs top2 but i'll admitt, they got it right...i dont think ok st would have been able to hang with lsu and they cheated death against stanford...very good rose bowl, ducks played great offensively, was nice to see them get over that rose bowl hump...btw if i hear the term "honeybadger" again i'll probably have to kill myself, mustberger must have used the term over a million times last night, christ sakes...
alabama will be pre season #1 next year, you'll also see usc and oregon in the top 5
as a longtime broncos fan (85), sundays win was probably the most exciting game since elways left...if tebow continues to improve passing wise, hrs gonna be a nightmare for teams to strategize defensively against, to play to stop the run, or the pass, do you bring in the saftety to cover a qb run or risk getting burned deep pass wise...expecting big improvements next year in denver, as far as this weekend, bias aside, if we dont g ive the patriots 18 pts in turnovers like we did last game, in which denver lost by 18 pts, why cant denver win?...they moved the ball pretty effective against the pats D, which...what pats D? stats wise NE is on the bottom of the league in D...so yes im saying it, denver could shock the world again...idk if ive ever seen a football season where the 2 best teams in the league, pats and pack, both ranked near the bottom in defense...

Jan 10, 2012 5:33 PM ET #171 (permalink)

As much as I love my Tigers, they got owned. At least we got rid of dead weight this year by getting rid of our 2 worthless QBs. Shitty play calling didn't help us either. Les Miles has a long off season to look forward to. Oh well, at least we made it to the big dance. Looking forward to next season already.

Now my Saints are another story. After we end SFs season, we will have a re-match against GB, and this time, we will emerge victorious. Super Bowl bound! GEAUX SAINTS!!!

Jan 16, 2012 2:50 PM ET #172 (permalink)

Oh boy. Well if I had to make a prediction I think I'd go with a replay of 2007 SB. Pats are playin up to the hype and the Giants are on fire. The 9ers are pretty hot too, but they haven't seen a D like the G-men yet (Osi was hurt when they met in the regular season and JPP and Tuck weren't on fire like they are now). I'd rather see a Harbaugh vs Harbaugh SB, but I just don't see that happening.

Jan 17, 2012 2:42 PM ET #173 (permalink)

R10

After losing to the G-Men in 07,blowing our perfect season,a Pats/Giants rematch would be sweet! I still have friggen nightmares of how my Pats blew that game! Gotta get by Baltimore first,no easy task!

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum