"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

american football 2011 college & NFL

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> american football 2011 college & NFL

Displaying posts 126 - 150 of 173 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 Last
Displaying posts 126 - 150 of 173 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 Last
Nov 9, 2011 1:31 AM ET #126 (permalink)

To be honest, I'm glad the Dolphins won their first game against the Chiefs, cuz that means it took them out of the tie of worst record. Come on Colts, SUCK FOR LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 10, 2011 11:44 AM ET #127 (permalink)

RTB

a sad yet degrading week for college football with the whole penn st child sex abuse scandal, i think the worst thing was to hear that some of those acts were committed on campus...joe paterno as a coach has done alot for college football, before all this he represented, respected and was one of the most passionate coaches in college fooball..
this scandal severely tarnishes his legacy at penn st, i think the university made the right call to terminate joe effective asap, he knew about some of the incidents, he apparently reported it to the athletic director but failed to report it to authorities...i think joes intentions were to protect his friend in sandusky at the time but he obviously was not thinking clearly overall about the whole picture of things...im sure if he could go back in time he would change that...i think we all know any kind of child abuse is thee lowest most cruelist thing that a person could do, we all as citizens have a duty to protect our children even if it means turning in or on a friend, it is completly inexcusable not to report any kind of abuse against a child period, it doesnt matter what your stature is here on earth...
penn st has 3 games left, 3 tuff games left, itll be intresting to see how the team competes

Nov 10, 2011 1:06 PM ET #128 (permalink)

RTB

just realized we have a game tonite, the whichever charger team that shows up vs the whichever raider team that shows up...
raiders season is over, they are now prepping for 2012, carson palmer still doesnt know the play book well, its gonna take more time for him to grasp it, but i think he will and theyll be division contenders next year, as far as the chargers, underachieving as always, as long as turner is the head coach, this team will not exceed championship expectations whatsoever...
im a broncos fan, i was shell shocked by last weeks win, im also a fla gator fan, so the tim tebow connection is thrilling for me...since kordell stewart i have never seen a player get so much unnecessary treatment/scrutiny from players and the media for really no justifiable reason, most tebow bashers/haters whatever you wanna call them are athiests, off the chart far left/ democrats/bill maher junkies, pro choice advocates, raider rejects, SEC opponents who still hate the fact tim dominated them when he was there or cincinnattt bearcat alums who think the gators where running up the score during that sugar bowl romp...politics and religious beliefs aside if we had more tim tebows in the world, we'd be a better place...tims a leader and an exceptional person, it really pisses me off to see him get so much crap dumped on him mostly by fans and sports analysts, now we have bill maher the all american asshole chyming in...still tim keeps his head held high and a smile on his face...hes not the next john elway, i think he'll be a decent qb but my guess is the broncos will ride him out til next season when his contract expires and will not resign him, none the less, you want a guy like tim in your locker room...

Nov 14, 2011 10:15 AM ET #129 (permalink)

It's official. My team sucks bawls. Best we can hope to accomplish this year is a spoiler.

Nov 14, 2011 7:01 PM ET #130 (permalink)

Two in a row for the 'Fins!

Blindgreed, I have to agree with your comment as well as with former Cowboys coach and current Nascar superstar Jimmy Johnson when he said, "Stick a fork in the Eagles, there are done!"

Nov 15, 2011 12:48 PM ET #131 (permalink)

Yup... We'll likely pull together another 5 game winning streak to save the fat man his job but for fuck sakes it's a cryin shame to see so much talent on one team firing blanks like we are. Look out NFC East, the iggs will come to shit on your parade.

Nov 15, 2011 1:26 PM ET #132 (permalink)

Like you said, they can still be spoilers. With Vick breaking two ribs, I assume Vince Young is going to start against the Giants, right?

Nov 16, 2011 11:43 AM ET #133 (permalink)

Don't know yet, but my gut tells me that he broke the ribs in the second play of the first quarter so Vick can probably start if the fat man sees the need to. If it wasn't a divisional game (or if it was GC's deadskins) I'd say sit him, but it's against the Giants. Their stadium is 45 minutes away from ours. We have a pretty significant rivalry going.

Nov 17, 2011 11:59 PM ET #134 (permalink)

RTB

ON ONE KNEE TEBOWING AS WE SPEAK...
GO BRONCOS

Nov 22, 2011 12:16 PM ET #135 (permalink)

So Young started and got the W against the Giants.

Nov 28, 2011 12:29 AM ET #136 (permalink)

R10

A game that looked huge when the schedule came out; didnt live up to the hype. Brady and the Pats take Philly to the woodshed. Greenbay is definately able to run the table,go 16-0. Starting to believe the Tebow hype. Horrible passer,but he wins. Five weeks left until playoffs. AFC's wide open,a half dozen teams have a shot. Pack in NFC look like a lock.

Nov 28, 2011 9:25 AM ET #137 (permalink)

Well, my Tigers are 1 win away from playing in the National Champeen Chip! Gotta say though, all signs are pointing to an LSU-Alabama rematch. In a way, cool. A chance to beat them again. But at the same time, yikes.

Nov 29, 2011 10:24 AM ET #138 (permalink)

Brees was on fucking fire last night. They keep playin like that commin down the stretch and I think they can take the pack. Either way, there's no way an NFCE team will make it to the bowl this year. Balee dat!

Nov 29, 2011 12:40 PM ET #139 (permalink)

bg damm whats going on with your team

Nov 29, 2011 3:05 PM ET #140 (permalink)

We need some help Wilco. With the ammount of talent we have on our team we should be kicking ass and takin names... Instead we're suckin ass.

Dec 3, 2011 11:18 PM ET #141 (permalink)

RTB

i am probably the only person who lives outside stillwater ok who feels oklahoma st should play lsu in the bcs final and not alabama..
not only is alabama a non conference winner, hell they didnt even win there division in there conference but add that not only is okst a conf winner but have 5 wins vs top 25 opponents versus alabamas 2, and also there has not been a non conference winner in a bcs title game, EVER...

Dec 4, 2011 12:59 AM ET #142 (permalink)

As a guy who goes to OU...
I swear I'm about to kill somebody.
I don't even like football, but that loss was just... pathetic.

Dec 4, 2011 1:13 AM ET #143 (permalink)

After a positively awful 1st half, my Tigers came back to stomp that Bulldawg ass! I for one am not looking forward to a Bama/LSU rematch. Ok St whooped that ass though. Seeing as how there will be no Conference title game for the Big 12 this year, Ok St still has the best record. Give them the shot...so we can whoop that anus. GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Dec 5, 2011 11:18 AM ET #144 (permalink)

RTB

HTF does va tech and michigan get bcs bowl births and arkansas and boise st dont?
Look who vatech and michigan played out of conf, not to mention michigan played 8 home games vs 4 road games
kirk herbstreit nailed by saying why take a chance in losing by playing an out of conf top 10-20 opponent when you can schedule creampuffs win em all and go to a bcs bowl..
The bcs is a system that still doesnt work
we all know, idk why i beat myself up over it every year but this year was an outrage
and if i lived in stillwater id be going apeshit not ging to the title game...
Coach gundy seemed pretty tamed last night on espn but i gotta think the guy is squirted out " oh bullshit!" when the bowls wrre announced

Dec 5, 2011 2:49 PM ET #145 (permalink)

As an OSU alum, I'm very proud of my Pokes! (Sorry for handing your ass to ya, DH ;) )
Playing the Fiesta Bowl won't be too bad, and I think the Cowboys will have more fun playing Stanford than playing LSU in NOLA, anyway. But, it would be nice to see how they stack up against AP1's Tigers. We've already seen Bama get beaten by LSU once this season. I guess voters want to see it again.

Dec 5, 2011 5:08 PM ET #146 (permalink)

R10

My friggin Pats almost gave one away to the winless Colts! How god damned embarrassing! Colts are in on the "suck for Luck" sweeps! Way too close for comfort,Belichek will punish the Pats in practice this week! College football? That shits still going on? Hmmm,didng know.

Dec 11, 2011 7:50 PM ET #147 (permalink)

RTB

all u athiests, never under estimate the power of 'TEBOWING"
go broncos

Dec 12, 2011 10:21 AM ET #148 (permalink)

I couldn't believe my eyes last night when the cowballs kicker was iced for the 2nd week in a row.

RTB: Hopping on the divine intervention train huh? Lofl. I wouldn't get too excited if I were you.

Bruno: Sorry about that buddy, butr we were due. ;-)

Dec 12, 2011 10:26 AM ET #149 (permalink)

R10

We will see whats what next Sunday when the Pats head into Denver. Will it be the Brady,Gronk and Welker show? Or can Tebow work more magic? I think the magic comes to and end,but we will see.

Dec 12, 2011 10:33 AM ET #150 (permalink)

I put my money on the Pats...

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum