"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

american football 2011 college & NFL

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> american football 2011 college & NFL

Displaying posts 101 - 125 of 173 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Displaying posts 101 - 125 of 173 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Oct 25, 2011 12:19 PM ET #101 (permalink)

Two words AP1: Curtis Painter

Oct 31, 2011 2:52 PM ET #102 (permalink)

It was nice to se my Iggs actually play up to their potential last night.

Nov 1, 2011 12:30 AM ET #103 (permalink)

Dear New Orleans Saints:

I don't miss your old school playing tactics. Wake the fuck up. St. fuckin Louis? Winless fuckin St. Louis? I don't want to have this conversation again.

Still a fan,
Ron

Nov 1, 2011 12:01 PM ET #104 (permalink)

Fins came very close to the upset on Sunday against Bobble-Head Manning and the Giants. By far the best game yet, almost even got a W!

Cowboys, Saints and Chargers all looked like shit this week

(This post was last edited on November 1, 2011 at 12:02 PM ET.)

Nov 1, 2011 1:35 PM ET #105 (permalink)

If you watched the game Bruno you know you got robbed. Phins won that game. Incomplete pass ruled a catch in favor of the Giants and a completed pass ruled incomplete in favor of the Giants. That game was a travesty in oficiating!!! Truely fucking disgraceful.

Nov 1, 2011 3:00 PM ET #106 (permalink)

BlindGreed- So true brother. I watched the whole game since it was on NBC. That first half really showed the potential the team has; they came out fired up and really deserved the win. They was robbed!

For the night game, I bet on the Eagles, and boy am I glad I did. Did not turn the game back on after half time, Romo is terrible, what a loser

What I do not understand is why they slowdown the game so much with replays and challenges and still get calls wrong. My thing is, they are going to get the calls wrong, no matter what. Why not get rid of challenges and all the other crap that kills the momentum let them play the fuckin' game. Challenges to me are not necessary. What do you think bro?

(This post was last edited on November 1, 2011 at 3:01 PM ET.)

Nov 1, 2011 6:03 PM ET #107 (permalink)

I think that if they're gonna challenge it, they need to get the call right. That Manningham catch was an incomplete pass and it changed the entire outcome of the game. If that's how they're gonna run the damned thing then fuck em... Let em play. That has to be the worst call of the season.

Nov 1, 2011 9:50 PM ET #108 (permalink)

I just don't understand how officiating can be so bad with all the replays & shit going on. It seems like it gets worse & worse every year...on a side note...MY FUCKIN' COWBOYS PLAYED LIKE SHIT!!! Need I say more? My Raiders had the bye, the Ravens were almost upset by the Cardinals, THE FUCKING CARDINALS, & my Lions MAULED the Broncos...oh & the Patriots lost (which I'm happy about)

Nov 2, 2011 1:01 PM ET #109 (permalink)

RTB

game of the year is saturday night in college football, lsu at bama
i think im the only one out there that thinks this game wont be close...lsu should roll, i ll say by atleast 14 points and they are a 5 point underdog..
at this point its really lsu's championship to lose, they are the superior team, with the rest of the schedule and who plays who and has the best shot of playing them in the title game, oklahoma st and stanford really controll there own destiny, this will be the one year i wont bitch about boise st getting screwed because even though they are undefeated, they have really only looked impressive 3 games, the rest have been either ugly or even a bit of a struggle...at the moment the only problem i have with the bcs standings is that oklahoma leap frogged over oregon and arkansas...those 2 teams lost to bama and lsu and oklahoma lost to an unranked texas tech who just got throttled at home by an unranked iowa st team, why the bcs is bullshit...disapointments have been texas am, mississippi st, hawaii, arizona,miami,notre dame and west virgina...
nfl, still green bays to lose as well and they are rolling, the big question at this time....whos the best team in the afc?
dare i say the buffallo bills? we're approaching the halfway mark and i still think new england will wake up, but a team that no ones talking about flying under the radar are the cincinnatti bengals..idk HTF they are doing it but props to them....
oh and lastly, if i hear the term "suck for luck" again i swear im gonna punch a baby, its like americas new slogan like wheres the beef?
he'll most likely go to the dolphins which is a shame because the organization is in shambles and hes a damn good qb
thank you

Nov 2, 2011 7:06 PM ET #110 (permalink)

LMAO "LSU should roll"... Bama fans would have your head on a stick for a statement like that. Chances are pretty good that the best teams in each conference has yet to be determined. GB looks damn good, but we have a lot of football left to play and we all know what an injury to a guy like Rogers or Brady can do. NFCE is getting pretty dicey. Just looked at the Giants schedule and they're pretty much fucked. They'll be lucky to go 1-5 in the next 6 games. Skins are dead in the water and Hammer's cowballs "number 1 rush defense" was exposed Sunday night. This season is pretty strange in that nobody's really sure what anybody is made of yet besides GB.

Nov 2, 2011 10:55 PM ET #111 (permalink)

RTB, you sir, are my new best friend. GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Nov 3, 2011 9:47 AM ET #112 (permalink)

Sup fuckers.? :)

How bout them Queefs.? They're showing glimpses of being half assed decent.!?

(This post was last edited on November 3, 2011 at 10:40 AM ET.)

Nov 3, 2011 1:36 PM ET #113 (permalink)

RTB- LOL It is the new "Where's The Beef?" Luck needs to go to the Dophins because...........I like the dolphins.

Godlike- Wassup brother? Your Queefs had better play like shit on Sunday, Miami needs a win!

BlindGreed- The only team that we know what they are made of is the Colts. LOL All my family in Indy is borderline suicidal at this point.

I predict Saturday's LSU/Alabama game is going to be a better match-up than the BCS championship game.

(This post was last edited on November 3, 2011 at 1:37 PM ET.)

Nov 3, 2011 7:02 PM ET #114 (permalink)

LMFAO @ Bruno's statement. Maybe they can get T.O. to guest speak at an impromptu suicide prevention center?

AP1: I'm worried about your Tigers this weekend buddy. That Bama offense is fucking HUGE. You can put all 11 men on the line to stop the rush and they'll still pund out 4 yards per carry. Plus your D is gonna take a beating from those corn fed mother fuckers. I'm rootin for em, but I have my doubts.

godlike: Told you they'd make some noise this year. For fuck sakes they won their division last year.

Nov 5, 2011 11:44 PM ET #115 (permalink)

I wanna send out thanks to Alabamas shit kicker. Thanks bud! GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!

Nov 6, 2011 6:47 PM ET #116 (permalink)

RTB

PATRIOT congrats...i am surprised it was that close, but lee played like crap, about as bad as the bama fg kickers..
@ bruno, HOW BOUT THEM DOLPHINS!
lsu is actually better than they played, im just not sold on alabama, ya there defense but offensivly they suck
the most exciting game was that ok st kansas st game, holy crap...
but watching college FB, after the smoke clears, really, the top 2 teams are alabama and lsu...i really dont think any other team can play with those teams...
oh ya, and the 49ers are 7-1, someone try to explain that one to me

Nov 6, 2011 10:25 PM ET #117 (permalink)

^ Well, see, it's actually quite simple RTB, there was a rift in the time space continuum, thus resulting in the Dolphins blowing out the Chiefs & the 49ers being 7-1

Nov 6, 2011 11:44 PM ET #118 (permalink)

RTB: It was indeed a showdown. Actually, I think Bama played the better game, we just had more luck. The top two defenses in the country is not gonna produce a high scoring game. I think their kickers are gonna get their asses worked though. I have no problem saying we should have lost that game, but I'm definitely glad we didn't. Bama only dropped one spot in the Bullshit Cock Smoker (BCS) rankings though. Provided we don't royally fuck up in the SEC Championship game, I think our place in the title game is a lock. Lots of ball left to play though, including Arkansas, a team we've stuggled against in the last couple of years. That K St/Ok St game did look like a good one though. All in all, it was another tri-fecta weekend in Louisiana. GEAUX TIGERS/SAINTS & CAJUNS!!!

Nov 7, 2011 4:40 PM ET #119 (permalink)

AP1: Yeah the Tigers struggle with the razorbacks is a head scratcher. Congrats again BTW, in case you didn't see your FB post. \m/\m/

Well, well, well. Plenty of upsets yesterday. Here's to hoping tonight goes off without a hitch. We should be able to put 8 in the box to cover Forte and let the receivers go step for step against our back 3. As long as the fat man calls a balanced offensive scheme I see the iggs commin home with the W.

Nov 7, 2011 6:36 PM ET #120 (permalink)

Blind: Considering Arkansas beat South Carolina gave Alabama a pretty decent game, it should be a good one.

Nov 7, 2011 8:39 PM ET #121 (permalink)

RTB

makes sense to me hebrew, appreciate it
the saw lost to bama by 21, and had to sweat out games against missisippi and vanderbilt i believe...the game is in baton rouge, for me i think the tigers have no problem...the only team that can foal there championship is alabama in a rematch, which wont happen if stanford or oklahoma st win out...fingers crossed
btw missouri and texas am new sec foes next year, which may mean, as a gator fan, 1 team from the west would have to join the east, which may mean either auburn or alabama
stanford and oregon this weekend, i think the ducks will squeak it out
scratch that buffalo bills best team in the afc comment, that now goes to baltimore

Nov 8, 2011 10:12 AM ET #122 (permalink)

Not sure what to say... Wait... Yes I do. No chance for the playoffs this year for my Iggs. Wonder if Reid will make it through the off season?

Nov 8, 2011 10:40 AM ET #123 (permalink)

BlindGreed- Tough break last night! The biggest adjustment I saw was by the Bears offensive line, they look completely different. I pretty much lost the remaining amount of respect that I had for ESPN last night. I have never heard a team going into the game 3-4 get so much hype. They spent at least twenty minutes before the game talking about how dangerous Vick is and how dangerous he is. HELLO? The Eagles are (now) 3-5! The way they were talking about the Eagles you would think they were having a season like the 49ers or something. At the end of the second quarter the announcers were opening rooting for Philly to score before the half. Pathetic

Dolphins looked fuckin' great on Sunday!

Nov 8, 2011 12:16 PM ET #124 (permalink)

R10

Dont feel bad BG. My Pats are getting crucified in the press around these parts. A high powered offense that is having a hard time scoring points,Brady doesnt look like Brady. A secondary that couldnt cover some of the best high school teams in the country. Plenty of time to turn things around,but things do appear bleak. And we got the Jets sunday,to add insult to injury. That Pats/Philly game is looking more and more meaningless as weeks fly by.

Nov 8, 2011 12:53 PM ET #125 (permalink)

Bruno: That's because we beat "America's team" last Sunday. *rolls eyes*

R10: Yeah, this season has been a wash for me. I'll watch but I just can't get excited about anything this year.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum