"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

american football 2011 college & NFL

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> american football 2011 college & NFL

Displaying posts 76 - 100 of 173 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Displaying posts 76 - 100 of 173 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Oct 19, 2011 12:28 PM ET #76 (permalink)

Just jokes Hebrew Hammer :)

Actually, I usually root for the Cowboys in the NFC since my father is from Texas and that was the team he has always supported, but I just cannot stand Tony Romo. Few years back when he was dating Jessica Simpson and blowing kisses to her from the bench I said this guy does not deserve to be quarterback for the 'boys. Every time he takes the field find myself rooting against him, never fails.

Oct 19, 2011 1:39 PM ET #77 (permalink)

That's funny Bruno, because my father was a cowboys fan too and everytime I see Romo taking the field I find myself saying "This guy takes uncut tip to the jaw"! LMAO!

Oct 19, 2011 4:47 PM ET #78 (permalink)

Yea, I just feel like the Cowboys are like the Giants. When they're good, they're really fuckin' good, they have the talent, but we lose games that we should win. It's like with the Eagles too, they should be undefeated right now to be honest.

Oct 19, 2011 5:48 PM ET #79 (permalink)

Yep, NFC East has become NFC least this year. Not sure if it was the lockout like everyone is claiming, but whatever it is, this season is pretty much a wash as far as I'm concerned. I'll still watch and back my boys, but it just isn't the same this year.

Oct 21, 2011 2:18 PM ET #80 (permalink)

Iggs have a bye this week. Typically we go on a winning streak after our bye, but who knows what the fuck to expect anymore?

Oct 21, 2011 2:46 PM ET #81 (permalink)

R10

Ssssh,i had a good week last week,extra 385 in my pocket. If ap1 Saints coulda beat the Bucs i would have pocketed over 500 for a measely 5 spot! Pats got the weekend off,so not much interest for me. Ill check out some scores,but im taking the weekend off also. Pats fan here,but i will step up and say Green Bays the class of the league. I can see them winning miltiple champs;so talented,and young!

Oct 21, 2011 4:03 PM ET #82 (permalink)

Yeah the Pack is lookin pretty rugged, primed and loaded.

Oct 22, 2011 12:29 AM ET #83 (permalink)

Leave it to my Saints to let folks down. I hope those 3 suspensions won't hurt my Tigers too much tomorrow against Auburn.

Oct 24, 2011 10:45 AM ET #84 (permalink)

True dat AP1, that was THE most boring Sunday night football game to date. I turned it off at 63-7. Tigers looked pretty stout to me. Penn State's lookin pretty good this year too. Their D is fucking BR000TAL! My Irish? Fuck a duck...

Oct 24, 2011 10:58 AM ET #85 (permalink)

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/sports/2011/10/23/pinto-nfl-london.cnn

Just in case you were wondering how the Bears vs Buccs game went down yesterday. Best song ever.

Oct 24, 2011 11:44 AM ET #86 (permalink)

^^^^

I saw the game. I had my money on the Bucs and they like looked more pathetic than a Frenchmen running from a cap gun. When Chicago lost against Detroit on MNF, I thought for sure I had there offensive line pegged as worst in the league but the past two weeks they have made adjustments and looked like a completely different team.

And the Fins had to lose yet again, against fuckin' Tebow!

Oct 24, 2011 11:52 AM ET #87 (permalink)

I was reading alot about Tebow on a sports board I frequent last night, but other than the "Tebow rule" I don't know much about him. Is he not that good?

Oct 24, 2011 12:36 PM ET #88 (permalink)

Tebow is just hyped as the player that is going to "revolutionize" the game or whatever. He has done next to nothing tin the NFL, so I will judge his ability when he has the opportunity. I do not buy into ESPN hype, as their propaganda is the bane of all professional sports in America.

Look no further than USC alumni Reggie Bush and Carson Palmer for evidence that college stars do not equate to NFL stars.

Dolphins are imploding after yesterday's loss on all levels. Management has a Tebow Day when he comes back to Florida so no surprise when half the stadium was rooting against the Dolphins when Tebow was driving the Broncos down the field. Even more embarrassing, in the fourth when the Dolphins were robbed of one of their timeouts Dolphins coach points to the owner's box and says, "He is going to fire me if we don't win!" even though the owner was already on the sidelines ready to celebrate the team's first win of the year, which became the worst loss in recent history.

I have rooted for the Dolphins since '91, because of the great Dan Marino, and am getting sick and tired of this poorly run organization. For the past ten years it has been harder and harder to support them. I can handle a team that loses, but this is pathetic. For the first time in twenty years I am considering rooting against them. Anyone else been so jaded at a team they used to love? This loss against the Broncos may have been the turning point for me.

(This post was last edited on October 24, 2011 at 12:37 PM ET.)

Oct 24, 2011 12:51 PM ET #89 (permalink)

R10

Well Bruno,the fish are in the running for Stanfords Andrew Luck! Cant believe they lost yesterday. Yea,Tebow was a great college player,his poor arm strength will keep him from being a great NFL qb. How long before Mercurey Morris comes .out of the woodwook,roots against the Packers going undefeated. I remember in 07 all the talk when the Pats went 16-0,Morris was talking alot of smack. Phins seriously need a new coach,offensive coordinater,really have to start from scratch. Luck would be a step in the right direction. Throw a ton of money at Bill Cowher,although he's said he isnt interested in coaching again.

Oct 24, 2011 1:33 PM ET #90 (permalink)

@ Bruno: Say what you will about your phins buddy, but they have a Lombardie. My Iggs do not. Is it hard to get behind them and watch them stink the place up year after year? Of course it is, but it's all part of the passion in being a fan. My boys are probably gonna get pounded this weekend by the best defense in the NFC East, but I'm still talkin mad smack to all of my cowball buddies. Hell, I think I'm havin more fun with it this year than I did last year. :D

@ Oz: Tebow is being hyped up right now and like Bruno, I have a hard time buying into the hype since he's literally had one game as a starter. Could he be the next big thing at the QB position for the NFL? I seriously doubt it but anything can happen on any given Sunday. Time will tell but the odds are against it. Has anyone told you bloaks how much better games are when you get pissed while your there? Lol.

Oct 24, 2011 1:54 PM ET #91 (permalink)

Heh, funny enough I've just seen a message on that sports board that said, "GOD DAMN IT ESPN STOP TALKING ABOUT TEBOW! MOTHERFUCKER I DONT CARE IF HE HAS JOHN 316 ON HIS EYES!"

As you say, I guess time will tell how good Tebow really is. As far as getting pissed at games goes, when are the English not pissed? :P

Oct 24, 2011 3:15 PM ET #92 (permalink)

*golf claps* Excellent response Oz. Carry on then. I noticed the people there weren't throwing up on eachother and beating one another to a bloody pulp so I just assumed they weren't drunk. Maybe they're just more responsible drunks? lol.

Oct 24, 2011 4:11 PM ET #93 (permalink)

Yea man, everyone had their Teboners up yesterday. I actually caught a glimpse of the game at work there was 4 minutes left in the game...the score was 15-0 Dolphins, when I checked again it was 15-15 in OT....when I saw that, I just could not control my laughter & joy. Oh what a glorious day, lol. Oh & I was reading something on Andrew Luck, not only does he think it's 'appalling' that a team would forfeit their season just to get him, his dad, Oliver Luck, might not like the situation that his son will be in & demand that the team drafting Andrew trade him. So it would be like an Eli Manning thing all over again. But in other news, the Saints beat dat ass, my Cowboys won, the Lions lost (I'm not too worried though), my Raiders lost (I had high hopes for Carson Palmer), & my Ravens should fly past the Jags tonight.

Oct 24, 2011 4:17 PM ET #94 (permalink)

Uuuummmmm... Hebrew... Your Cowboys had a bye this weekend as did the Iggs. Sunday night is round one and dim boy's is commin to the link. There's no snow on the ground so snowballs with batteries packed inside is definately off the table but I have a bet that Romo will choke. You want some of that action? Cowboys win and I can't say shit about em for 2 weeks unless it's praise. Iggs win and you abide by the same?

Oct 24, 2011 4:45 PM ET #95 (permalink)

R10

Greed,cowboys whooped up on the Rams yesterday. Rookie RB set a Cowboy rushing record with like 250 something yards. Which is impressive considering some of the greats they've had;Dorsett,E.Smith,Herschal Walker. Damn Hammer,you got alot of favorite teams dude. I take it the Cowboys are your main team,right?

Oct 24, 2011 5:13 PM ET #96 (permalink)

BlindGreed- Your response this morning was right on the money but as a Dolphins fan there is only so much I can take without needing to vent. LOL To have yesterday be Tim Tebow Day was absolutely absurd. Yeah, they are trying to set up a run at him in five years when his Denver contract expires but yesterday was a historic skidmark on the underpants of the Dolphins franchise!
and BlindGreed I meant to commend on the Romo "uncut tip to the jaw" comment from last week. I had not laughed at my computer that loud in a long, long time.

R10- I did not watch the game but man what an annihilation of the Rams defense. Howie Long probably feels really bad for his son. Plus, Bradford deserves a real team, the Rams are like the NFC-Dolphins!

Hebrew- Are you sure Carson played? I did not pay any attention to the KC vs Oakland game because I could have sworn I heard that Palmer was riding the pine.

Oct 24, 2011 5:58 PM ET #97 (permalink)

R10: Like I said, they had a bye yesterday, and all that hype they made out of their new RB is for none if the guy can't run on my Iggs. We'll see if he's for real or not. Real RB's can rip our linebackerless D to shreads.

Bruno: Yeah Palmer played, but they didn't give him the color blind test prior to letting him suit up. ;-)

Oct 24, 2011 6:35 PM ET #98 (permalink)

R10

Aaah,got ya Greed,smiley face after a joke please. Yea,Rams are just downright horrible,worst d against the run in the league. I expect a bounceback from the Eagles,i wouldnt be shocked to see them rip off 5 or 6 straight wins. Dallas d is tough,but Romos still Romo. And yea,Eagles got powerhouse team coming into Philly in a month. That team would be the Pats! That should be a good one. Think we'll feed you all a healthy dose of Gronkowski,Hernandez and Welker. I know you aint got lonebackers or safetys who can cover Gronk. Dudes a fuckin beast!

Oct 24, 2011 6:41 PM ET #99 (permalink)

That may change depending on this "consultant" we bring in. Any D minded individual can see that with DRC, Nmamdi and Samuels back there we can easily go man to man and shut down any receiving core in the system. Problem is Castillio's been running them in a zone coverage. While it's true we tend to go on a streak after a bye, it will all depend on the changes made over the last week.

Oct 24, 2011 11:14 PM ET #100 (permalink)

How do my Saints go from losing to the Bucs, to damn near setting an NF record? Well my Tigers are gonna take a week off, and come back and whoop some Crimson Tide ass! GEAUX SAINTS & TIGERS!!!

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum