"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

american football 2011 college & NFL

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> american football 2011 college & NFL

Displaying posts 51 - 75 of 173 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Displaying posts 51 - 75 of 173 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Oct 6, 2011 1:51 PM ET #51 (permalink)

R10

Im taking Philly and giving the 2 and a half! Way too much talent on that team. Buffalo back to earth! Bills are 9-7 at best. I know one thing,owner Loria is gonna be pissed if the Eagles dont straighten out soon. He dropped serious coin building basically what amounts to an allstar team. Im confident that Philly will rip through Big D,Skins,figure this shit out. G men,i dont know what to make of. Packs the beast of the NFC for a while i think. Before he's done,Rogers could have 3 or 4 champ rings,dudes that good! Cant believe Favre ripped him in the press yesterday. Fuck Favre,hate that fucker!

Oct 7, 2011 5:14 PM ET #52 (permalink)

You mean Laurrie. Yeah I laid down a bet, just because I don't see the fat man losing his job.

Oct 9, 2011 5:46 AM ET #53 (permalink)

R10

RIP Al Davis! A legend who put the AFL/AFC on the map. Dude revolutionized the game along with Coryell,vertical passing game. Stabler,Branch,Casper,Christianson,Plunkett,Biletnikoff. Changed the game. Always loved Chris Bermans Al Davis imitation. The pronounced Brockton MA accent," the Oahklund Raidahs". His team might give San Diego a run in the west,playing pretty good.

Oct 10, 2011 10:57 AM ET #54 (permalink)

Well for fuck sakes. My Iggs look like shit this year. I don't see the fat man keeping his job after this season. I'm thinkin Cowher would look good in green. lol. Don't want Chucky.

Oct 10, 2011 11:05 AM ET #55 (permalink)

R10

Yea BG,dont look good. Tough to put a finger on exact reasons,starts at QB i think. Four picks for Vick,only he can really turn things around,make better decisions. Way to much talent there to be 1-4. At the point now where they need to run the table,or go no worse than 9-2 in thier final 11. Alotta upsets yesterday,G men lose to Seahawks? Strange!

Oct 10, 2011 1:44 PM ET #56 (permalink)

I have a hard time pointing the finger at Vick when he's getting knocked on his ass every play. We need to protect Vick, we need a linebacker (just one is all I ask) and we need to stop committing fouls on the goal line that take us out of FG range. For FUCK SAKES!!!

Oct 12, 2011 10:54 AM ET #57 (permalink)

What the Eagles need is an offensive line & players on defense who can actually tackle other players. I can't tell you how many times I saw Fred Jackson & any other players run into the endzone untouched. I mean, I'm loving every second of this (although, my Cowboys aren't doing any better, thank God for the Lions, Raiders, & Ravens)

Oct 12, 2011 2:15 PM ET #58 (permalink)

R10

Think the Eagles need a bit more than that Hammer. The Pats who have one of the best o-lines would have trouble protecting Vick. Most of his picks and fumbles come when he scrambles out of the pocket. Its also the reason he's getting physically beat up. Tackling certainly has been an issue for Philly. On paper,its still a dangerous team that can rip off 7 or 8 wins in a row. Speaking of Big D,they got a tough one in New England this week. Ive been around long enough not to take any team lightly,but i think Pats put a whoopin on Dallas. Hernandez is back,we have run the ball better,and Welkers all world. Hard to believe we heisted him from Miami for a 2nd rounder.

Oct 12, 2011 6:03 PM ET #59 (permalink)

All I want is a linebacker. Just one. Maybe even a defensive coordinator. It's true we don't have much of an O line but with Vick and Young, we really don't need much in that area (as R10 pointed out). I still think we take the Skins this week, but I wouldn't be too surprized right now if we didn't. We got a lot of shit to figure out right now to right the ship, but fact is when NFC East team play within the division it gets fuckin ugly out there. I don't believe you'll see another 4th quarter meltdown like we did against the Falcons, Giants, 9er's and the Bills (we actyually had a pretty good comeback in the 4th against the Bills before that last pick). After the bye week I'll have a better understanding of what the rest of the season will look like but right now I honestly believe we'll go into the bye at 2-5. Bad Grossman hasn't made an appearance yet this year and we all know he's gonna rear his fat ugly face sooner or later. Balee DAT!

Oct 17, 2011 10:42 AM ET #60 (permalink)

Okay... Iggs finally won one. Gotta say, R10's Pats look scary as all hell. There was a lot of talk about how crappy their defense is, but that offense... Holy shit that offense is bad ass. Snatched the victory right out of Romo's hands last night.

Oct 17, 2011 10:43 AM ET #61 (permalink)

R10

Big win for my Pats over Big D. Bye week next Sunday. Get healthy bodies back for a big game in Pittsburgh in two weeks. And hey,hey,Philly got a big win in Washington. Beginning to wonder if Indys gonna win a game this year.

Oct 17, 2011 11:55 AM ET #62 (permalink)

It was a big win for the fat man. Not all that impressive IMO. Still have a lot of kinks to work out. We have a bye next week too so hopefully we'll have Cole back. Missed him yesterday.

Yeah dude, your Pats broke their backs last night. I'm bettin Hebrew Hammer's hung over like a big brown dog this mornin.

Oct 17, 2011 6:46 PM ET #63 (permalink)

I'm backin Bruno's fins tonight. Everybody I talked to today say's I'm outta my fuckin mind because the Jets are hungry and want to quash all the media talk about their season being over. I say that's bullshit. Fins by 3.

Oct 17, 2011 7:47 PM ET #64 (permalink)

Hell yeah BlindGreed, you know I put my money on Miami!

I was surprised the Gaints won yesterday and really surprised TB won over the Saints, didnt see that one coming

(This post was last edited on October 17, 2011 at 7:49 PM ET.)

Oct 18, 2011 1:54 AM ET #65 (permalink)

Any idea what the Raiders will do about the recent starting QB issue?

Oct 18, 2011 10:55 AM ET #66 (permalink)

Caesar!!! Word on the street is Boler will start. I'm sorry for that brother. They went after Gerrard, but he declined because he's goin under the knife.

Bruno: First of all WTF was up with Revis molesting your receiver in the endzone and getting a pick 6 for it? That was fucking highway robbery. Secondly, cut every one of your receivers that had more than 2 dropped passes last night and your left with the running game. That QB wasn't bad at all but your receivers fuckin SUCK! Fins definately out played the Jets in the first half, but the dropped passes killed em.

Oct 18, 2011 12:34 PM ET #67 (permalink)

Just another game the Dolphins should have won. Dropped passes, not converting on third down, and settling for field goals after having first and goal haunts this team. Tough to watch, but they could still be a spoiler later in the year for a team trying to make the playoffs.

I would not be surprised to see Carson Palmer as a Raider. He refuses to play for the Bengals and need a team bad.

Oct 18, 2011 1:47 PM ET #68 (permalink)

Yes! My Raiders got Carson Palmer, but, yes, tragically my Cowboys lost. I couldn't watch the game cuz I was at work, but yea, bad none the less, my Ravens were off but my Lions lost (when they should have won) & fuck Jim Harbaugh. It's gonna be a good rest of the season...oh & before I forget, I lol'd so hard last night at the Dolphins losing. Did they statistically play better than the Jets? Yes, but the Dolphins forgot one thing & that was they forgot to start Sage 'The Mage' Rosenfels. He's The Mage...he makes magic happen.

Oct 18, 2011 5:21 PM ET #69 (permalink)

So Hebrew... Of all the teams you call your own is it safe to say that the Iggs and the Dolphins are not one of your teams?

Oct 18, 2011 5:24 PM ET #70 (permalink)

LOL

Hebrew Hammer I thought you were a Cowboys fan? Don't Raiders fans stab Cowboy fans?

LOL

Oct 18, 2011 6:01 PM ET #71 (permalink)

LMAO, Cowboys, Raiders, Lions, Ravens, (insert multiple favorites here) and the Jets? Crazy Jews want it all! LMAO!

Oct 18, 2011 6:08 PM ET #72 (permalink)

ROFL at Jew comment, hahahaha

Oct 18, 2011 6:32 PM ET #73 (permalink)

XD

Oct 19, 2011 11:54 AM ET #74 (permalink)

Yes Blind, Fuck the Eagles & especially fuck the Dolphins. Idk what the problem is about having 4 teams that I like

Oct 19, 2011 12:02 PM ET #75 (permalink)

No problem man, just bustin your balls. ;-)

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum