"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

american football 2011 college & NFL

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> american football 2011 college & NFL

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 173 1 2 3 ... 6 7 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 173 1 2 3 ... 6 7 Last
Sep 4, 2011 1:14 PM ET #1 (permalink)

RTB

no offence to AP1, but its that time of year again and since no one has commented on the 10 thread in a while i thought id start a new one for the upcoming season..
lets start with college, the most exciting sport around, im getting the boise st chant again going for the bcs champion, they looked exceptional against georgia last night even though georgia was way overrated, none the less boise took care of business and i like them to win it all...8 teams have a realistic shot of winning the bcs championship
boise st, oregon ( i know they lost), lsu, oklahoma, oklahoma st, stanford, virgina tech, and nebraska
my dark horse teams are mississippi st and texas a&m, also look out for hawaii theyll go 12-1 or 13-0, offence looks potenent per usual
in the nfl, why cant green bay win it again? they lost only 1 starter on offence and no one in the nfc really made significant moves to over take them...eagles, saints, patriots, steelers, jets and colts pending mannings injury will all be right there, but pending injuries im picking the packers and the patriots in the superbowl
dark horse teams detroit lions and the tennessee titans.....enjoy the season guys

Sep 4, 2011 6:52 PM ET #2 (permalink)

In college I like TCU, I thought it was bullshit how they lost by 2 points, but I can see them perhaps winning the rest of their games if they play good, also if FSU plays good I can see them going far. In the NFL I'm a Cowboys fan, so naturally I have to say it's gonna be the Cowboys vs. the Ravens in the superbowl, but realistically I think it's gonna be the Ravens vs. the Falcons in the superbowl & if Stafford is healthy the Lions WILL make the playoffs.

Sep 4, 2011 8:52 PM ET #3 (permalink)

My LSU Tigers made Oregon look like little bitches last night. GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Sep 4, 2011 11:19 PM ET #4 (permalink)

R10

In college i tend to pull for the B.C. Eagles in Div.1. Div.2 i pull for the UNH Wildcats. Yea,college football isnt huge in New England. In the pros its the Pats all the way!

Sep 6, 2011 11:00 AM ET #5 (permalink)

Lookin forward to the opener on Thursday. Gotta pull for AP1's Saints in that one. College teams? I like Notre Dame, but they looked like shit Saturday. I'm convinced Christ is a bust now.

Sep 8, 2011 1:24 PM ET #6 (permalink)

Season opener tonight fuckers! Geaux Saints!

Sep 8, 2011 1:31 PM ET #7 (permalink)

R10

Looking forward to it BG,bout time. I picked the Pack on my ticket,so go Pack. I hate the first game because of all the extra shit like Kid Rock,Lady Antebellum live,and all that. Just give me the fucking game without the pageantry and bullshit talk!

Sep 8, 2011 2:16 PM ET #8 (permalink)

Pagentry and bullshit talk? I thought all of that was gonna happen BEFORE the game when Obama delivers his speech? BWAAA-HAHAHAHA!!!

Sep 8, 2011 11:58 PM ET #9 (permalink)

Rough night. Saturday will be better, and hope for a better next Sunday.

Sep 9, 2011 11:04 AM ET #10 (permalink)

Are the Saints gonna figure out where their D went by next Sunday or something AP1? WTF???

Sep 9, 2011 5:50 PM ET #11 (permalink)

I was thinking the same thing. Green Bay looks tough though.

Sep 10, 2011 1:12 PM ET #12 (permalink)

RTB

Peyton manning is out for majority of the season,so that pretty much puts the nail in the colts coffin for 2011
I failed to mention in my rant for college fb i got a hard on for mississippi st, not my team but im picking them to win the SEC

Sep 10, 2011 1:54 PM ET #13 (permalink)

Sorry RTB, Miss St don't have the fortitude to play an entire season and still win. LSU on the other hand, do.

Sep 10, 2011 11:13 PM ET #14 (permalink)

I guess you could say "Luck" is on their side. Ahaha! Get it? If Peyton Manning doesn't play the majority of the season then I think the Colts will have the worst record, thus getting Andrew Luck from Stanford.

Sep 15, 2011 9:54 PM ET #15 (permalink)

LET'S GEAUX TIGERS, LET'S GEAUX!!!

Sep 15, 2011 11:20 PM ET #16 (permalink)

Decent win for my Tigers. GEAUX TIGERS!!! Now let's see if my Saints can rebound from last week and beat Chicago. GEAUX SAINTS!!!

Sep 19, 2011 11:09 AM ET #17 (permalink)

Good game last night for my Iggs, but they lost.

Sep 19, 2011 11:21 AM ET #18 (permalink)

R10

Observations so far two games in. Are the Bills and Lions for real? Are the Chiefs that bad? Will the mighty Patriots run the table,finish 16-0 again? Cam Newton looks like the real deal,i had my doubts he could run a pro offense. Proving me wrong! Looks like Chiefs,Seahawks,and Indy vying for #1 overall,Andrew Luck sweepstskes!

Sep 19, 2011 11:31 AM ET #19 (permalink)

Your Pats are fucking scary dude.

Sep 19, 2011 2:27 PM ET #20 (permalink)

I think the Lions & Bills are for real, I don't know what the hell is going on with the Chiefs, & my Cowboys are sucking it up real good

Sep 22, 2011 12:10 PM ET #21 (permalink)

I just submitted my picks for the weekend, so football is officially underway in my mind. Combined I have seen about five quarters of football so far this year, so I am not expecting to get the big payout. This Sunday will be the first time that I take in a full day of football, so let the gambling begin!

Sep 22, 2011 2:30 PM ET #22 (permalink)

Skins are gonna rape heb's cowballs this weekend and the Iggs will hand NY the first L of our yearly sweep.

Sep 22, 2011 2:39 PM ET #23 (permalink)

I want the Cowboys to win, but I just don't know anymore man

Sep 22, 2011 2:47 PM ET #24 (permalink)

R10

The Pats/ Bills game should be pretty entertaining. Pats averaging 38,Bills about 40. Neither team has shown any abilility to stop anyone. Im not certain on Vicks status,he took a pretty bad head shot last week. He says he's playing. Hopefully the Raiders can beat the Jets. Romos ribs are a concern for the Cowboys. Im surprised they cant establish any type of running game,take the heat off Romo. Oh well,go Pats!!!!!

Sep 22, 2011 4:57 PM ET #25 (permalink)

Yea, I've noticed that about my Cowboys as well, absolutely zero running game. I know they want Felix Jones to break out, but they have a good RB core, I really don't understand why we have no running game. Hopefully on Monday night against the Redskins Tashard Choice & DeMarco Murray will do good & get some of that pressure off Tony Romo.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum