"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Sup Fuckers 7

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Sup Fuckers 7

Displaying posts 201 - 225 of 1,000 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 39 40 Last
Displaying posts 201 - 225 of 1,000 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 39 40 Last
Oct 1, 2011 11:48 PM ET #201 (permalink)

Enjoy Oz!

Olaf: Thanks. Volleyball is a very different sport, hard to pick up. I couldn't even hit it over in 8th grade, now I'm the best.

Sup Fuckers?
Got a date with a hot american girl. Got something to do for the holiday.

Oct 3, 2011 3:38 PM ET #202 (permalink)

Sup Fuckers,

Decided to get rid of my beard. Rocking a Hitler 'stache at work just for today for shits and giggles. I'm getting rid of it tonight.

Oct 3, 2011 5:45 PM ET #203 (permalink)

I saw that GC, but I didn't think you were actually rockin it at work. At's BALLS right there!!!

Oct 4, 2011 12:18 AM ET #204 (permalink)

ZMA

Sup fuckers?
So recently this band Friend For A Foe got posted on here a little while ago and I listened to 'em and they're pretty good. I'd recommend checkin' them out. Then I listened to the "Hate" music video that was posted on here today, and it's not bad. Black metal is very selective for me.

GC I'm surprised that type of mustache hasn't turned into some sort of curse. Anyone who sports one of those bad boys will soon become consumed with hatred. But of course if that would be true Michael Jordan would've started killing people by now. If shit was like that life would be awesome. "Oh god don't grow that mustache you'll kill millions of jews!" O_o.......

Oct 4, 2011 1:32 PM ET #205 (permalink)

Getting drunk and puttin' on some Down is the best thing ever. Phil Anselmo, as much as people give him shit (and rightfully so), is the fuckin' man!

Oct 4, 2011 5:32 PM ET #206 (permalink)

ZMA

^ After you wrote that I went on and read up on Phil. I already knew a lot about him cause of Pantera but yea he's definitely a weird dude. But it's awesome he has Judas Priest influence, and same as Dimebag.

Speaking of Pantera I was wondering something. Can someone tell me what the heaviest Pantera song is? This could get a lot of different answers so lemme be more specific. What's the heaviest song vocally? Like a song that has Phil's low end growls at their best? I was curious to know and I'd be willing to bet I'll get an answer here lol.

Oct 4, 2011 5:58 PM ET #207 (permalink)

ZMA: I'm not sure about Pantera songs with the low growl. Most of his style was midrange with the higher scream. He did go lower with each album, though. I thought the Trendkill album was really dark. His lyrics and delivery was really cynical and bitter. I'd bet the 'heaviest song' you're after would be found in that album. Personally, It's a tossup between Suicide Note Pt.2 and The Undergraound in America.

Oct 4, 2011 6:17 PM ET #208 (permalink)

R10

The song Great Southern Trendkill,Z,is one of the heaviest imo. Also like Drag the Waters.

Oct 4, 2011 8:34 PM ET #209 (permalink)

Okay guys, now the 'stache is gone. I got some laughs out of it, but obviously I wasn't gonna keep the Hitler 'stache.

I'm now bare-faced. I walked into work today, went through the back offices toward the kitchen, immediately all the women in the back gave me looks and I also heard various remarks which by the end of it, made me feel the same way I think women feel when men check them out...And the rest of my shift so far has just been bedroom looks and comments. I was definitely NOT expecting this. If I were single, and this wasn't my workplace, I wouldn't mind. But the candy store that is MY JOB seems to have become way more challenging.

Oct 4, 2011 9:06 PM ET #210 (permalink)

ZMA: I owuld look towards "I'm Broken" or "5 Minutes Alone". Far beyond Driven is probably the heaviest Pantera album in general from the riffs themsleves, but Phil was putting on a rougher more low end performance on alot of the album to match, so I'm leaning towards anything off that album. But R10 pretty much nailed the other songs I would have mentioned.

In fact, listening to it again, Southern Trendkill is exactly what youre looking for ZMA. The opening scream sets the tone for everything I want from a metal band.

On that note, I only became a Down fan a few months ago, despite Pantera being one of my favorite bands ever. I got the first and second album, but how does their material after that stack up? I rock out to the first Down album harder than my Pantera stuff sometimes, so I'm curious. :P

Oct 4, 2011 9:17 PM ET #211 (permalink)

Sup MU fucks. I was going through some old cds today and listened to ire works dillinger escape plan after not hearing it in years, still an awesome cd. Im thinking of recording some music starting next year but trying to decide what direction to carry my vocals. I have some hurdles to go through, I need a good outlet to run my guitar through the computer, what works well? And drums will be even harder. What's your opinions? Should I use an electronic drum kit or find a drummer who has a setup already to save expenses? Hook me up with some insight!

Oct 4, 2011 10:38 PM ET #212 (permalink)

GC: Well duh! What kind of reaction do you expect when you parade around your workplace with your schlong hanging out showing off your freshly shaved sack... (*pauses... re-reads GC's comments.*) Oh sorry, I misunderstood... carry on.

Oct 5, 2011 8:27 AM ET #213 (permalink)

love all the stuff of pantera
today nothing going on to much work and to much beer at night family of my wife on island and a regatta going on everynight booze and nasty food
today going to give one of my workers a warning fucking dude parks his car wrong tell him to move than gives me big mouth

Oct 5, 2011 6:31 PM ET #214 (permalink)

Wilco: If he gives you big mouth you give him fat lip. That's how us old fuckers roll...

Oct 5, 2011 7:27 PM ET #215 (permalink)

D_Junkie, lol

wilco, break his shit! Tell him about a song called "Hammer Smashed Face"

Oct 6, 2011 10:09 AM ET #216 (permalink)

did fuck with him yesterday
afhter he did not agree on his warning he had a big mouth on more time so one warning more told him to shut his piehole and grow up

but a happy day for me got my tax money back got some spending money now for my nexr metal road trip

question did read guitar player and one think i dont understand how come in a studio they use different guitars
than playing live on stage

Oct 6, 2011 11:20 AM ET #217 (permalink)

Wilco: In the studio, you're gonna use your baby. The one you're most comfortable with. You may or may not want to subject that baby to the horrors of the road. Plus, guitar companies will pay musicians and supply them with free gear to use on the road. It's an advertizement opportunity for the guitar company. In the biz we call it an endorsement.

Oct 6, 2011 12:12 PM ET #218 (permalink)

see thats why you are the dr greed
when is your buddy on island and where does he stay

Oct 6, 2011 12:28 PM ET #219 (permalink)

ZMA

DJ, R10 and FAN, thanks for the input gentlemen. FAN I love "I'm Broken" and "5 Minutes Alone" Great songs. 2 of my favorites actually.
After what you guys said I'm gonna have to sit down and give Trendkill and Driven full listens. Then probably for kicks I'll listen to Vulgar. I've never actually listened to a full Pantera album which is why that needs to change. I've mostly listened to all their singles. So I've got sort of a taste of what Phil can do vocally but I need more. So again thanks.

Oct 6, 2011 1:34 PM ET #220 (permalink)

Wilco: Found out he's not stoppin at the island. He's doin a cruise and they don't port there?

I want to commend everyone here for not starting a RIP Steve Jobs thread. The man was a visionary, that much is true, but as a human being he was a steaming pile of monkey shit. forcing the mother of his child onto wellfare and parking in handicapped spots because "I can afford the ticket" does not make one a great man and worthy of blind sympathy. Good form MU. \m/\m/

Oct 6, 2011 2:55 PM ET #221 (permalink)

who gives a fuck that he died just a dude who made some money and his apple stuff way to expensive

Oct 6, 2011 4:10 PM ET #222 (permalink)

ZMA

Oh yea I forgot that Jobs resigned......from life...... yesterday. If he actually did that shit you mentioned Blind then that RIP I had for him is now gone. Although I guess I still should say RIP because he gave me a great way to carry all the music I love around with me. I hated him for the high prices, but I managed to get my hands on like 4 ipods for free so I don't care that much. Got one on christmas, found one in my yard lol, got one from a friend, bought one from a friend for 10 bucks, and then my dad gave me his old iphone. So like I said I can't be that mad haha.

Oct 6, 2011 7:38 PM ET #223 (permalink)

BLindGreed- Rite on bro, I was afraid to bring up Steve Jobs because I am sick to death about people acting like he was Edison or Tesla. He did not invent anything and was only good at marketing. Like you said, he was a real piece of shit. Fun fact: Steve Jobs was an avowed supporter of eugenics. Fuck Steve Jobs.

I can say, with pride, that I do not own an "I" anything.

Oct 6, 2011 10:29 PM ET #224 (permalink)

You hate Jobs.... Hmmmm...

Oct 7, 2011 2:01 PM ET #225 (permalink)

just person a motral one who died no big deal and who care about a death person
maybe gates can buy stocks now from the rotten apple company

This thread has been locked, as it has met the post limit. You may start a new thread to continue your discussion.

Return to General Discussion forum