"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Sup Fuckers 7

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Sup Fuckers 7

Displaying posts 276 - 300 of 1,000 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 39 40 Last
Displaying posts 276 - 300 of 1,000 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 39 40 Last
Nov 9, 2011 5:53 PM ET #276 (permalink)

You have some epic shits Oz. What do they feed you guys over there?

Nov 9, 2011 7:55 PM ET #277 (permalink)

The blandest food known to man, which is how we likes it!

Nov 9, 2011 8:43 PM ET #278 (permalink)

I'm not a queer, but that song does sound like ball gargling. That tone makes me hate my existence.

Anybody got any experience with VSTs and the like?

Nov 10, 2011 10:20 AM ET #279 (permalink)

I'll have the veal and my friend would like a bland with bland and nothing on it. ;-)

TIM: As a guitarrist, tonality is the single most important aspect of your instrument. Take your time. Expirament with it. Eventually you'll find something that floats your boat. Then you'll spend the rest of your life trying to improve it. Lol.

Nov 10, 2011 11:14 AM ET #280 (permalink)

Honestly, I plugged my guitar into interface then opened up garageband. I did not change anything. I just needed something to show my friend.

I've spent the last 3 days getting software to record. It is very difficult.

Nov 10, 2011 4:56 PM ET #281 (permalink)

ZMA

Yea Iron sometimes it takes a lot of time to find a good tone. It's just goin' through EQ's and maybe trying different effects with different amps and guitars. But once you find your right sound it'll be awesome.
I myself love using Kustom amps because even without effects the sounds are great on those amps IMO. I've got a studio Les Paul that gives the Kustom I use an even better sound. It's brutal. I also have a B.C. Rich Bich that makes that amp scream.
It's weird because CJ Pierce from Drowning Pool plays B.C. Rich through Kustom and I didn't know that until way after I started doing it. But now I know why he plays those. They sound great together. I need to find a good clean sound now so I can do some nice melodic sections.

Nov 13, 2011 9:04 AM ET #282 (permalink)

thank god I'm a bass player who doesnt like effects. All I gotta do is make sure that shit sounds loud and clean and I'm happy. Cant fucking stand effects usually on bass. As much a fan as i am of Cliff Burton's playing and musicianship, I cant fucking stand his tone when it's played seperate from the songs. Fuck bass distortion.

Nov 13, 2011 9:31 AM ET #283 (permalink)

Bass distortion exists?

Lol.

Nov 13, 2011 9:36 AM ET #284 (permalink)

^you didnt know? exactly. it sucks ass and should never be used.

Nov 14, 2011 4:22 AM ET #285 (permalink)

I thought the whole point of bass was not being heard. Distortion makes bass louder. Counter-productive fucking bass distortion whore.

Nov 14, 2011 9:15 AM ET #286 (permalink)

who wants to lick my dick?! sup fucktards!! been busy as fvck with school man. programming assignments coming at me left and right. can't wait for this semester to be over.

Nov 14, 2011 10:36 AM ET #287 (permalink)

In some cases having the bass be loud can really work. Listen to Even Brewer's solo work for instance, it's a solo bass album. Obscura has a very prominent bass sound that flows very intricately with the guitar work, and Augury has a powerful presence of bass that pervades almost all their songs, often upstaging the guitar work, which is nothing to sneeze at either, and essentially driving the majority of the song. Queen's "Another one Bites the Dust" is a classic example of this concept.

But usually, yeah, bass is meant to form a framework for the song, not stand out. If you're going to use Distortion, you damn better be able to show off(ala Cliff Burton).

Nov 14, 2011 3:10 PM ET #288 (permalink)

"Distortion makes bass louder."

No, distortion just creates a different type of signal - in most cases it will probably be quieter but clearer in a way as the higher frequencies will be emphasized.

Nov 16, 2011 3:34 PM ET #289 (permalink)

ZMA

I think bass should be felt most of the time and heard when the song calls for it. Bass gives a metal song it's "wall of sound" kinda feel I think. A lot of metal players use distorted bass. I know and I've seen bass players that can play circles around guitar players any day. I mean you got guys like Alex Webster and the great Burton. Plus the bassist for Black Label Society is a berklee grad. I saw him do a clinic at NAMM and he was amazing. And he let me play his Schector. It was badass.

(This post was last edited on November 16, 2011 at 3:40 PM ET.)

Nov 16, 2011 4:10 PM ET #290 (permalink)

I was just sitting here smearing feces on myself and licking someone's dick and I read sup fuckers and find out n0thing is offering up dick... WTF man? FB me next time!!!

Nov 16, 2011 5:29 PM ET #291 (permalink)

I know Jeff Matz from High on Fire uses distortion, but being in a trio he needs to keep a full sound while Matt Pike plays his leads. I prefer a deep rich tone ala' Martin Mendez for my own sound. The kind of bass that is barely noticable unless it's taken away. We all want to play like Les Claypool,(or insert inasanely talented bassist here, I always wanted to be Bootsy Collins or Larry Graham, go figure) but sometimes we need to be like Micheal Anthony. Being a bassist means working with your drummer and building a structure for the guitarist and singer to play on.

And on a sadder note, my Grandmother passed away this morning at the age of 92. I'll be tipping a few black and tans to say my goodbyes. Just asking if you drink tonight raise your glass once for Margaret Mercier. A lady who taught me alot about life and family and loved me unconditionally. Just an all around great lady who I'm going to miss terribly.
Cheers, brothers and sisters.

Nov 16, 2011 5:45 PM ET #292 (permalink)

Cheers Netro. To Margaret Brother.

Nov 16, 2011 5:47 PM ET #293 (permalink)

My condolences to you and your family on her passing, Netro. May she rest in piece.

Nov 16, 2011 6:30 PM ET #294 (permalink)

To Margaret *downs a Jack Daniels* I'm sorry to hear, Netro. Grandmothers are the best.

Nov 16, 2011 7:19 PM ET #295 (permalink)

ZMA

I've been playing a lot more guitar then bass lately but if I ever got really into playing bass I'd be going for a "if Victor Wooten played metal" sorta thing.

Has anyone here ever heard Daughters Of Mara?

Netro, I'm sorry bro. I'm not a drinker, but I'll spark up a bowl and give my condolences. I lost my grandma a few years back. Was really hard. You'll get through it. RIP.

Nov 16, 2011 7:50 PM ET #296 (permalink)

We have been dealing with her passing by putting the crib together and getting the 2nd bedroom ready for our son. (May he get here soon, preferably before tax season;) My mother told us our thoughts should be about life today. So we've tried to keep our spirits up as much as we can. She would want it that way. She was someone who was very at peace with her own mortality.
Today was rough, but she always said, "Oh, well. Better days are coming."

Oh, and if you've never seen a baby in the womb have hiccups, it'll blow your mind.

Nov 16, 2011 7:50 PM ET #297 (permalink)

Sorry, double post.

(This post was last edited on November 16, 2011 at 7:51 PM ET.)

Nov 16, 2011 8:30 PM ET #298 (permalink)

ZMA

Well your g-ma did life right bro. Better days will definitely come. Always keep positive.

Dude a fetus with hiccups? That's possible lmao? I really wanna see that some time in my life.

Nov 17, 2011 12:44 AM ET #299 (permalink)

In Utero hiccups are the funniest thing. My wife would just spend the whole time our kids had hiccups laughing her ass off. Actually, hiccups are good for the baby. The reaction of the hiccup is for the baby to start breathing again. So more often than not, the more hiccups the baby has, the better developed their lungs will be. It's like practice breathing for the baby.

Nov 17, 2011 6:58 AM ET #300 (permalink)

Sorry to hear about your loss Netromancer. Hang in there mate :)

Wagwan bredren?

This thread has been locked, as it has met the post limit. You may start a new thread to continue your discussion.

Return to General Discussion forum