"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Mathcore bands from Australia?

Posted in: Forum Home >> Core >> Mathcore bands from Australia?

Displaying 13 posts
Displaying 13 posts
Aug 4, 2011 10:36 AM ET #1 (permalink)

I'm really getting into the Australian mathcore and thrash type scene. I'm loving Decades Away and Idylls. Could anyone suggest any other really good Australian acts of this calibre Or alternatively educate me in anyway on some pioneering bands of this genre anywhere in the world.

Aug 4, 2011 11:11 AM ET #2 (permalink)

hey these bands are awesome! maybe you might like somethingl ike.. dillinger escape plan? or new norma jean? or new underoath? this is cool hey

Aug 5, 2011 7:05 AM ET #3 (permalink)

The closest I can think of would be maybe 4 Dead or Robotosaurus.

Aug 7, 2011 12:26 AM ET #4 (permalink)

Thanks heaps. I'll check them out. Anyone else got some bands that I should know about in the same vein. Specifically like Decades Away http://www.facebook.com/DecadesAway

Aug 7, 2011 12:32 AM ET #5 (permalink)

Yeah these bands are cool. 4 Dead and Robotasaurus pretty cool stuff.

Aug 7, 2011 1:03 AM ET #6 (permalink)

Take your thinly veiled spam and sock puppets somewhere else.

Aug 8, 2011 7:44 AM ET #7 (permalink)

Every time I have seen 4 Dead it's been total chaos. Blood and trashed rooms everywhere.

Aug 9, 2011 2:28 AM ET #8 (permalink)

Yeah thats what I'm after. I love those sorts of shows. Stuff like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKJr2US8Sns. I didn't go to this one, but gigs like this are the best and it's always these types of bands that put on the best show. I'd love to see more bands like this specially in Brisbane where I am.

Oct 4, 2011 6:52 PM ET #9 (permalink)

The Schoenberg Automation..... Best album i've heard come out of Australia since "the Red Shore"...
A M A Z I N G.

Dec 7, 2011 7:41 AM ET #10 (permalink)

Just discovered Decades Away today, so will def have to check out those other bands you name.

May 3, 2012 10:45 PM ET #11 (permalink)

I know tons of mathcore bands but the only one from Australia that I know is brazen bull. Pretty good band but it's a little sloppy

Jul 25, 2012 6:17 PM ET #12 (permalink)

GO CHECK OUT ASLEEP AT LAST THEY ARE AN UP AND COMING METAL BAND FROM THE PACIFIC NORTH WEST! WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/ASLEEPATLASTBAND

Sep 23, 2012 2:53 AM ET #13 (permalink)

Anyone know any good instrumental mathcore bands in PERTH?

Reply to Discussion or Return to Core forum