"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Welcome to the new Metalunderground.com forum

Posted in: Forum Home >> Site Announcements >> Welcome to the new Metalunderground.com forum

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 70 1 2 3 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 70 1 2 3 Last
Jul 5, 2009 2:33 PM ET #1 (permalink)

This is a quick message to say "welcome." The new Metalunderground.com forums are now live. I have not officially announced it elsewhere since there are still a number of issues I have to iron out as well as pretty important features to be added. But for now, the basics are working and I will be tweaking things

The two first issues I will be addressing are the ability to edit your own posts and displaying the thread you are commenting on on the post message form.

That's all for now. Enjoy!

Jul 5, 2009 2:47 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Woot! Thanks a ton DB, and have fun everyone!

Jul 5, 2009 3:08 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Hey there! Looks like this should be interesting.

Jul 5, 2009 3:44 PM ET #4 (permalink)

YAY! Congrats deathbringer, i know how long you've been working on this and it's looking good!

Jul 5, 2009 4:18 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Thanks db.! As Ive said time and time again..
You ARE the man \m/\m/

Jul 5, 2009 4:58 PM ET #6 (permalink)

Much better with the avatars working now...

Jul 5, 2009 5:12 PM ET #7 (permalink)

I personally love sites with their own forums implemented instead of generic and disassociative phpbb ones - congrats.

Jul 5, 2009 5:29 PM ET #8 (permalink)

I definitely had some neater ideas in mind for a design, but I figured I'd just get it out and work on a flashier look later. I agree that I don't like the generic forum looks of some packages. And I also don't like the overhead of some of those packages' bells and whistles. We'll see where this takes us, but it's at least better than chatting in the comments area for now :-)

Jul 5, 2009 5:36 PM ET #9 (permalink)

PS - this is a soft launch, so tell your friends, but you won't see an official announcement for probably a week. I've got some work to so still.

Jul 5, 2009 5:46 PM ET #10 (permalink)

This SHOULD be much better than the ordinary chat thread. Conversations that were once jammed into one single thread can now be divided into smaller portions. We no longer have to try and keep up with a 700+ posts thread. Forums will ease that pain and allow us to particpate in conversations that grab our interest.

Thanks again DB!

\,,l "Masters of The Night" by Predator l,,/

Jul 5, 2009 5:50 PM ET #11 (permalink)

Hey DB! Just curious...will you be adding a feature that allows the user to edit and/or delete a post after it has been submitted by the user?...

Jul 5, 2009 5:57 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Yeah, see my first message. That's a priority. I might even do it for the comments. Not sure on that one yet.

Jul 5, 2009 5:59 PM ET #13 (permalink)

Alright cool...that'll come in handy from time to time.

Jul 5, 2009 8:04 PM ET #14 (permalink)

I agree, it's much better with the avatars added.!

Some of us have been waiting for this for a LONG time..Thanks again db.., You've made the coolest metal
site on the net ever better \m/\m/

Jul 5, 2009 8:51 PM ET #15 (permalink)

Excellent! This is a nice addition to the site!

Jul 5, 2009 9:04 PM ET #16 (permalink)

Is it weird that I'm practically giddy over this? Seriously I feel like a fat kid about to eat his first fried twinky!

Jul 5, 2009 9:12 PM ET #17 (permalink)

LOL. I'm glad. It was way too long in the making. I'm glad it's appreciated and look forward to hanging out here more.

Jul 5, 2009 9:14 PM ET #18 (permalink)

"Seriously I feel like a fat kid about to eat his first fried twinky!"
LOFL.. that is hilarious.!!

Jul 5, 2009 9:37 PM ET #19 (permalink)

Nice The forums up. They fry twinkies now? What the fuck

Jul 6, 2009 12:16 AM ET #20 (permalink)

I just have a feeling that, with the addition of the "forum", it might be banned at work.

Jul 6, 2009 6:33 AM ET #21 (permalink)

You know how excited I was about this forum? I was on it until half seven this morning. I'll let you decide if that's dedication or just being sad!

Jul 6, 2009 11:06 AM ET #22 (permalink)

My morning wood had just gone away until I saw that there's a forum now :)

Jul 6, 2009 11:06 AM ET #23 (permalink)

AP1: You stateside now Beeacth?

Sup fvckers? The forum is the shiznet in the inta-net!

Jul 6, 2009 11:18 AM ET #24 (permalink)

Superb! Great job Boss!

Jul 6, 2009 12:11 PM ET #25 (permalink)

Is it sad that I'd like to try a fried Twinkie? lol.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Site Announcements forum