"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Bruce Dickinson.....World Leader?

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Bruce Dickinson.....World Leader?

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 86 1 2 3 4 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 86 1 2 3 4 Last
Sep 3, 2009 12:23 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Ok, go with me on this one. After watching sam dunns documentaries on metal, it seems very apparent that Iron Maiden are the most popular band in metal's illustrious history. Wherever Maiden goes, there is no doubt it will be a sold out stadium, field, etc... I was thinking that Bruce could easily be a world leader, and would have billions of faithful followers. Who thinks that Bruce could pull it off?

N.P. Acid Bath--Finger Paintings Of The Insane

(This post was last edited on September 3, 2009 at 12:25 PM ET.)

Sep 3, 2009 12:42 PM ET #2 (permalink)

He could be a diplomat, but a world leader? No. I wouldn't vote for him anyway. Tell you who would get shit done? Lars Ulrich!

*The previous statement contained traces of troll and should not have been taken seriously by anyone.

Sep 3, 2009 1:13 PM ET #3 (permalink)

I'll weigh in on this one. Bruce probably could pull it off, but i'd fear for the future if he did. Personally, i'd vote for Oz... Because he loves Metallica and Limp Bizkit.

Sep 3, 2009 3:08 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Great NP Branded....great indeed sir.

NP: Soundgarden= 4th of July

Sep 3, 2009 7:54 PM ET #5 (permalink)

I think Mustaine should be World Leader... he's got the ego for it!

Sep 3, 2009 11:17 PM ET #6 (permalink)

If Bruce were world leader, would we then be "ONE Minute to Midnight"?

Sep 3, 2009 11:37 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Iron Maiden (whether everyone likes em or not) is indeed a very important band in Metal History; but they are important cuz of the Music they make, so that doesn't mean people will follow a member of the band.

Dunno who'd be good.

(This post was last edited on September 3, 2009 at 11:37 PM ET.)

Sep 4, 2009 12:05 AM ET #8 (permalink)

I could see Bruce Dickinson being a world leader.

I could also see Lars Ulrich being the mayor of something...I wouldn't vote him though, but he'd most likely win an election of that kind. I'd probably campaign against him and put up an ad that says something like this:
"I CAN GIVE YOU FIVE REASONS NOT TO VOTE FOR LARS ULRICH:
1. The Black Album
2. Load
3. ReLoad
4. St. Anger
5. Death Magnetic"

Sep 4, 2009 1:33 AM ET #9 (permalink)

"Bruce, the world economy is in shambles! The poor are getting poorer, the rich are getting hungrier, global warming is going to fuck up our seasons and drown our coastlines- the world has some serious problems! What's the cure??!"

...you guys know where I'm going with this.

Sep 4, 2009 1:44 AM ET #10 (permalink)

^Non-believer.

Sep 4, 2009 4:11 AM ET #11 (permalink)

^^Persecute! Kill the heretic! Cowbell!! - wait, what??

Sep 4, 2009 4:33 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Personally, I think Devin Townsend would be a fantastic world leader.

(This post was last edited on September 4, 2009 at 4:34 PM ET.)

Sep 4, 2009 5:06 PM ET #13 (permalink)

How about Ted Nugent?!? :) :) :) :)

Or not...

Sep 4, 2009 10:22 PM ET #14 (permalink)

id give ted a HUGE NO!!!!! id want foreign relations to be good not horrible!!!

Sep 5, 2009 2:17 AM ET #15 (permalink)

Yeah, twas a yoke. Dave Mustaine to the majority of you fellows = Ted Nugent for me.

Sep 5, 2009 2:27 AM ET #16 (permalink)

Nugent and Mustaine are equally large fuckstains.

Sep 5, 2009 6:47 AM ET #17 (permalink)

well agree with diamond oz
lars get indeed his stuff done

but tednugent would be good as well at least the nra get his vote
and thw weapon bussniss would be good agian

long live hunting and guns

np tednugent fred bear

Sep 5, 2009 10:25 AM ET #18 (permalink)

"thw weapon bussniss would be good agian

long live hunting and guns"

so, so, SO far from my stance on these things :( I really, REALLY don't understand the hard-on people get for arms... That money could be put to MUCH better use, as far as I'm concerned.

...sorry if I just made this thread political! :(

Sep 5, 2009 3:26 PM ET #19 (permalink)

I think this discussion going political was inevitable. I don't understand any fascination with firearms but they seem perminent.

Sep 5, 2009 6:13 PM ET #20 (permalink)

Like them or not boys, firearms made, and keep this country free. Woot!

Sep 5, 2009 7:05 PM ET #21 (permalink)

see i am not a american
but i agree with tednugent
and the right to have weapons in your house

and the thing that you can use the money much beter than buying guns
dont forget weapons are a good buisniss and the bring lots of cash in the usa
with out guns the world would be evem more a fucked up place
and dont forget i dont hunt for fun
just to keep the land and deer stock healty at my parents land
these fucking deer eat everything

Sep 5, 2009 8:56 PM ET #22 (permalink)

Household arms may well be a source of national income, and may well be very healthy for the economy. However, spending trillions a year on the military, money that more often than not doesn't flow back into the national wealth, seems to be pretty poor economic strategy to me. Especially when (I'm clearly talking about the States here) your public education system is shockingly underfunded. Because you know, what the world needs is more people that couldn't get through high school but can still buy a gun, whether on the white or black market, and rob convenience stores and dumb shit like that. Yeah, that freedom is being taken full advantage of - sounds like Heaven on fucking Earth to me.

I really don't know anything about America's economy, military, education system, or general living standards, these are all completely unresearched opinions more than likely caught on from mainstream media, which more than likely supplies a somewhat skewed perspective on things. I just don't get why people would want a gun when they could have a bag of apples. Many bags of apples, in fact, for the price of a firearm. In some cases like pest control (keeping the deer problem at a healthy level), fair enough. Seems to me if everyone had apples instead of guns the world's problems would decrease, not increase. Of course, that's an untestable hypothesis, but, well, there you are.

And for the record, Devin Townsend is a world leader I would enjoy electing.

Sep 5, 2009 9:51 PM ET #23 (permalink)

Actually, I'd vote for Ted Nugent for president simply because I know he'd open up the border for wepaon imports again...I've had my eye on the Dragunov SVD for quite some time now, and I can't get ahold of one since Feds banned every decent weapon from coming into the states!

Sep 6, 2009 5:11 AM ET #24 (permalink)

Why buy a gun...when you can make a potato cannon?

Sep 6, 2009 7:21 AM ET #25 (permalink)

yeah but if you kill someone with a apple it hurts more
and if you dont kill him it leaves a blue mark
with a gun it is more direct

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum