"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Top 5 Death Metal songs

Posted in: Forum Home >> Classic Metal >> Top 5 Death Metal songs

Displaying 9 posts
Displaying 9 posts
Jul 6, 2011 3:44 PM ET #1 (permalink)

I wanna know your favorite death metal songs.
for me it's:
Cannibal Corpse - Hammer Smashed Face
Dying Fetus - Shepherds Commandment
Amon Amarth - Death In Fire
Death - Scavenger of Human Sorrow
Cannibal Corpse - Decency Defied

Jul 7, 2011 12:44 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Cannibal Corpse- Make them Suffer (not even a huge CC fan till I heard this song. BOSS)
Behemoth- Ov Fire and The Void (Behemoth was great before this song, but now shit just got real)
Brain Drill- Sadistic Abdustive (fast!!! More Fast!!! Bass solo? Back to the faaaaaassssstttt)
Gojira- Heaviest Matter in the Universe (This song is heavy. Get it?)
Death- Without Judgement (even years later this song still kicks ass)

Jul 7, 2011 4:44 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Limp Bizkit - Rollin'
Slipknot - Vermillion Part. 2
Avenged Sevenfold - Beast & The Harlot
My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade
Linkin Park - Crawlin'

Brutal shit yo.

Jul 7, 2011 5:13 PM ET #4 (permalink)

R10

Ha,nice Oz. No songs,but i'll throw out some bands/albums you should hear. Left Hand Path and Clandestine by Swedens Entombed. Dismembers early stuff,another Swede band. You got some critical Florida dm bands to hear,Obituary,CC of course(actually they were from Buffalo Ny) Deicide,and Morbid Angels first 3 albums. The first DM album i ever heard,Possesseds "Seven Churches". A classic! I can tell metalheadx you just recently got into metal,listen to some of the bands ive listed.

Jul 7, 2011 6:31 PM ET #5 (permalink)

oz

I fucking hate you lol

Jul 7, 2011 9:24 PM ET #6 (permalink)

I can't do anything but 6 sorry!

Cryptopsy - Phobophile
Death - Lack Of Comprehension
Nile - Black Seeds Of Vengeance
At The Gates - All Life Ends
Obituary - Cause Of Death
Morbid Angel - Rapture

Jul 7, 2011 10:38 PM ET #7 (permalink)

^They closed with Black Seeds of Vengeance when I saw them, though i'm guessing they do every set, the screaming chant at the end makes for a great fucking closer to anything.

The funny thing was, since both guitarists and the bass player growl, they had three mikes set up. And since it was the last night of the tour, shit got awesome. The Psycroptic and Keep of Kallesin frontmen took two microphones, and some fat dude in a tutu, a viking helmet, a wifebeater, and a strap-on dildo took the third. BLACK. SEEDS. OF VENGEANCE!

Jul 7, 2011 11:02 PM ET #8 (permalink)

Haha, awesome - that song has some of the best lines in death metal, particularly the part where the music breaks and there's the cry of "They hacked off your limbs and thrown your mutilated bodies towards the heavens mocking Ra!!!" Every time I hear that I suddenly become possessed, take a knee, thrust a clawed hand upwards and start bellow it out with everything I have.

Also - until I heard "Kill" I wasn't a big CC fan either, that album is just brutal man.

Jul 10, 2011 11:47 AM ET #9 (permalink)

Napalm Death - Suffer The Childern
Death - Pull The Plug
Possessed - Death Metal
Obituary - Slowly We Rot
Cancer - Hung, Drawn and Quartered

Reply to Discussion or Return to Classic Metal forum