"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Posers

Posted in: Forum Home >> Classic Metal >> Posers

Displaying 12 posts
Displaying 12 posts
Jul 4, 2011 10:35 PM ET #1 (permalink)

So, i was friends with this dude for like two seconds, but anyways he called himself a metalhead, so i hung out with him thinking he was legit. turns out he was a total liar. he listened to lil wayne, brokencyde, blood on the dancefloor, bring me the horizon, devil wears prada, black veil brides, etc etc, and always said bmth, devil wears prada, black veil brides, cock and ball torture (some fucking gay ass grindcore poser band), suicide silence, and iwrestledabearonce were "thrash metal", that metallica was "just metal", and that slipknot was "legit metal". me and my friends were thinking obvious troll is obvious, because someone couldn't possibly fuck up the genres...until we found out that he wasn't trolling us. the poser thought those bands were actually thrash metal. anyways, i wanna hear stories about posers that you guys've seen or met.

Jul 5, 2011 10:10 PM ET #2 (permalink)

OMG! Shut the front door, girlfriend!

Jul 6, 2011 7:34 AM ET #3 (permalink)

R10

Honestly amazed the term posers is still around nowadays. Was used frequently in mid 80s to describe the fresh into the scene guy,who had the best patches on his jean jacket,coolest new concert ts.Those folks didnt stick around long. Every genres got em,punk,hardcore,etc. Think they call em scenesters or scene kids now,i dont know. Funny how things change but still kinda stay the same.

Jul 6, 2011 10:30 AM ET #4 (permalink)

Why the fuck do you care?

Jul 6, 2011 2:22 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Maybe he isn't trying to be a poser, maybe he is just a noob. Hook a brother up and show him the good shit Zhead. Wasn't there a time in place most people thought their slipknot and korn was the heaviest brootal metal on earth lol. Maybe you can make a real metalhead out of him.

Jul 6, 2011 2:34 PM ET #6 (permalink)

R10

Kudos to Rapture! Get on that shit xmetalhead. We all start somewhere,show this poser the way!

Jul 6, 2011 3:38 PM ET #7 (permalink)

guys...obvious troll is obvious?

Jul 6, 2011 3:45 PM ET #8 (permalink)

And yeah ive tried to show him true metal and ive tried to get him into the good shit like exciter or razor or gama bomb but hes too into that screamo bullshit

Jul 10, 2011 11:54 AM ET #9 (permalink)

I have been asked several times over the years what is a "Poser". I have no fucking clue. I don't give a shit if you like metal, country, rap or whatever, just so long as you don't bash on one style of music, but rather appreciate all forms of musical/lyrical creation. My music of choice is metal, but as a musician, I enjoy a vast array of music and draw inspiration from everywhere. Now I will say if somone claims to know metal, but doesn't, and tries to make people think they are cool, then I'll just ignore that person, because they have self esteem issues. Like me don't like me I don't give a shit, just be who you are and if someone doesn't like you because of who you are, then maybe, just maybe, you don't need to know them. Late!!

Aug 18, 2011 4:38 PM ET #10 (permalink)

Scene kids with comb overs are the cancer in metal.

Aug 18, 2011 7:59 PM ET #11 (permalink)

Back in the 80's, a poser was somebody who outdressed the band. They wanted to look the role, but didn't have any true love of metal to back it up. If you looked in the crowd, it would be several of the women and the guy who wore a Misfits T-shirt just because James Hetfield did.

Aug 26, 2011 10:59 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Ya know they call it street cred or lack of it. Thats Fresh !

Reply to Discussion or Return to Classic Metal forum