"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Friends? Private messaging?

Posted in: Forum Home >> Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback >> Friends? Private messaging?

Displaying 5 posts
Displaying 5 posts
Jun 9, 2011 9:43 PM ET #1 (permalink)

I know this isn't a social networking site, but could we friend each other? Maybe PM other members? I'm not tripping either way, but I figured I'd just put the idea out there.

Jun 9, 2011 10:49 PM ET #2 (permalink)

The easiesr way would probably to allow an option (off by default) for other users to send emails to the email address associated with the account.

Jun 10, 2011 4:43 AM ET #3 (permalink)

I don't find it necessary, the regulars all know each other and have each other on Facebook/email.

Jun 10, 2011 9:45 AM ET #4 (permalink)

Yeah, I'm not big on PM-ing here. Much less liability or moderation needed if that stuff is off-site like Facebook and email. I have some plans to integrate more social media like twitter and facebook, etc, but am not sure how far down that road I want to go with making the site itself more like a social media site.

Jun 14, 2011 10:22 AM ET #5 (permalink)

NO.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback forum