"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Dr. Greed is in the office

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Dr. Greed is in the office

Displaying posts 176 - 200 of 342 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 Last
Displaying posts 176 - 200 of 342 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 Last
Aug 3, 2011 11:42 PM ET #176 (permalink)

ZMA

I could never convert to any sort of religion. But if I ever did it'd probably be Buddhism, because from what I've been lead to believe is one of the must "chill" religions I can think of. Plus I believe in karma, and achieving Nirvana would be awesome. You wouldn't worry about shit then. All these Ancient Alien theories are also driving me even further away from religion because I'm starting to be stupid enough to believe what they're saying in these shows about how aliens actually created the human race and all that crap. To many theories. Way to many.

Anyway I have a Dr. Greed question and it's actually a 2 parter cause I wanna know your opinion on some stuff Blind.
1. This pertains to what I just said up there ^ I wanna know what you think of this whole Ancient Aliens thing?
2. This is the big question. Since that Kittie and Elitist thread I wanna know your thoughts on how to make more people open to different types of music and not get lumped in with just one type.

I expect an epic answer doc. lol

Aug 4, 2011 2:43 PM ET #177 (permalink)

Z: I am a HUGE supporter of the Ancient Alien theory my friend and have been for much longer than the History Channel program has been around. Probably around the time that I became capable of independant thought is when I did my research and reading and made my decisions. Your second question really doesn't have an easy answer Z. Even among the regulars here we have dissention. Some like Trivium, some hate em. Some like black metal some hate it. Everyone hates A7X, TIM loves em. People are gonna make their own choices based on their individual tastes and experiences.

Aug 4, 2011 8:23 PM ET #178 (permalink)

Oz, interesting fact: Al Qaeda has killed more muslims than the Americans have during this whole "War on Terror" Look at the strongholds that they have. Somali people are starving from famine/drought and Al Qaeda is holding them hostage by taking over the few keypoints where they can find sustenance. I know what they're doing. They're trying to do what Christians did in Africa: Feed only those willing to take their side. Starving them into becoming them. I tell you this, I hate Al Qaeda as a muslim more than the biggest, dumbest hick in the midwest. I was way more elated about Bin Laden's death than any "red-blooded American." If you gave me a rifle, I'd kill them with more zeal than any patriot of the US, and I'm not even all that patriotic.

ZMA, Buddhism technically isn't a religion as much as it is a philosophy.

BG/ZMA, I don't really buy too much into the whole "Reptilian Connection" thing. I don't kick out the possibility though. And BG, straight wisdom brah.

Also, could someone link me to the elitist thread? I'm pretty elitist :P

Aug 5, 2011 11:43 AM ET #179 (permalink)

GC: I've never heard of the "reptilian connection" thing so chances are pretty good i'm not behind it either.

Aug 5, 2011 3:27 PM ET #180 (permalink)

ZMA

Interesting to see you're into that Doc. Appreciate the input. With everything they explain in those shows they make it look like it could be true it's the weirdest shit. Plus it's not any crazier of a thought then any religion story I've ever heard. And watching them take those religion stories and put an alien twist to them is cool to see.
I hear what you're sayin' about the music. I just wish people were more open to listening to different music. It's not gonna kill you to take like 5 minutes to listen to a song that you just might like, but normally wouldn't give it a chance ya know? It bothers me to see I guess.

Hm, I guess I can see that Gore. Buddhism just doesn't seem as retarded as other religions seem to come off as. Well come off to me at least.

That whole reptilian alien in human form thing almost falls into a different category then what I was talkin' about. That's like something out of Men In Black. Although like yourself I don't completely throw away the idea. If an alien race that has the tech to make it to our planet when we can't even get to mars yet, they probably have the tech to disguise themselves easily without our knowledge. I think the one thing I'll regret if I live a full life will be never seeing intelligent life from other planets, like if things stay the way they are now.

Aug 5, 2011 3:49 PM ET #181 (permalink)

ZMA: That's the thing I hate most about Obama. THE SPACE PROGRAM IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN A SURVEYS ON HOW MANY COUCHES HOMOSEXUAL MINORITES IN IOWA OWN.

Aug 5, 2011 3:52 PM ET #182 (permalink)

BG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTcF-7opGLU

Aug 5, 2011 4:22 PM ET #183 (permalink)

My first introduction to the ancient alien theory came at a young age when two collegiate history professors and a theologian were discussing the sumerian tablets and how they related to history and the bible (my mother was a college professor). If you do your research and apply history, logic and the commonalities of texts amongst religions and certain "tales" within these texts you will see how easy it is to go from point a to b as the sumerians suggested in their version, which incidentally predates all religious texts. Christians called him "Adam". Sumerians called him "Adama", and in finding out what "Adama" means in Sumerian everything seemed to fall into place quite nicely. Is it fact? Who knows? Certainly the story of Noah's ark can't be fact either, unless Noah was gathering DNA samples. 0.o

Aug 5, 2011 10:29 PM ET #184 (permalink)

ZMA

I have no idea what you mean with that post Iron you're gonna have to explain that better.

Cool shit doc. I'd love to find out the truth in my life time. I really think that now would be the best time for whoever might actually know the truth for real to just come forward and say it. I really don't think the riots will be that bad haha. Whenever I talk to people about this they always go. Yea but the world will collapse cause no one will be able to handle it. And I think "Yea it'll be great disproving almost all religion." But then at the same time in certain ways religion would be real.......just with aliens, not gods. I'd love to exactly read those Sumerian texts.

One of the best things I saw about these theories is the giant Mayan sarcophagus of K'inich Janaab' Pakal. Looks like he's in a space ship.
Ha that's a funny way to look at Noahs ark. It wasn't a giant boat. It was just a small craft with a cargo of small DNA samples.

Aug 6, 2011 8:10 AM ET #185 (permalink)

ZMA: Obama rapes the space program to save money but we're still doing stupid fucking surveys and have departments like the "Department of *insert niche title*"

After all the money and progress, he just stops. Fuck. It's like he's inviting China to rape us.

Aug 6, 2011 11:22 AM ET #186 (permalink)

Doc/ZMA, I've toyed with those possibilities in my mind actually

Aug 6, 2011 8:30 PM ET #187 (permalink)

ZMA

Ah ok. Makes more sense now Iron lol.

They are interesting thoughts GC.

Aug 6, 2011 9:35 PM ET #188 (permalink)

The shuttles space program was a 30 year deal. It came to its end. Obama did not kill it.

Aug 7, 2011 2:36 AM ET #189 (permalink)

TIM: In case you're wondering, I own 1 couch. Heh. Survey over.

Aug 7, 2011 3:23 AM ET #190 (permalink)

ZMA

^Lmao at Hammer
Well space travel won't be dead anyway. Nasa is stopping the shuttle but other people are working on space programs. At least I'm fairly certain. I probably shouldn't say it if I'm not completely sure huh?

Aug 7, 2011 8:21 PM ET #191 (permalink)

hey all, the algaephobe is back. and i'm not a he. i'm 17, but i don't get how that's related to algae... oh well. whatever.

Aug 8, 2011 12:30 AM ET #192 (permalink)

Ah yes Incarnate...tell the otherwise full sausage fest of MU that you're a woman.

Aug 8, 2011 9:31 AM ET #193 (permalink)

And with that Incarnate becomes unknown. The fucking I'll give him will make him think he's a girl.

Aug 8, 2011 5:41 PM ET #194 (permalink)

the moon landing was staged. who the fuck recorded that footage of the little ship leaving to return back to earth? or did we just leave the camera guy behind?

Aug 8, 2011 6:05 PM ET #195 (permalink)

Dr. Greed,

I have jealousy issues (that I'm hiding quite well). How do I move past jealousy and insecurities from past relationships (having been cheated on/generally just done wrong in the past)?

Aug 8, 2011 6:10 PM ET #196 (permalink)

GC: Depending on how serious the issues are you may be able to talk to your partner about it or you may need to seek counseling. Either way it needs to be addressed or it will ruin a relationship. Trust is HUGE GC. What I can offer up is a little advice though. If you're partner wants to have relations with other people he/she will and there isn't a damned thing you can do about it. If you've chosen wisely put your trust in yourself for making the right decision.

Aug 8, 2011 8:40 PM ET #197 (permalink)

Thanks for the wisdom Doc. As soon as I get squared away in the new apartment I'll go into therapy.

Aug 9, 2011 5:03 PM ET #198 (permalink)

GC: Unless it's private, you mind if I ask what the jealousy issues are? Sometimes we mistake other feelings for jealousy GC.

Aug 9, 2011 7:18 PM ET #199 (permalink)

In retrospect, its probably not jealousy as much as its "I don't want to be done wrong again" and my past fallout with a psycho bitch, and then dumb shit with my ex...It all kinda happened at once. Then I meet this new girl, and yes, I'm hitting it off. I guess I'm just waiting for something stupid to happen...So far it hasn't, and in further retrospect, I'm realizing I have no reason to suspect anything. Also, this really helped:

"If you've chosen wisely put your trust in yourself for making the right decision."
-Thanks again Dr. Greed. I'm secure that I've made the right decision this time...

Aug 10, 2011 11:17 AM ET #200 (permalink)

Ahhh yes my friend. As I suspected that is not jealousy at all, but instead a scar that you bear. Our scars make us who we are. Might I suggest talking to this new special lady about your scars? After all, she is the only one who can help you to heal them and if she doesn't know about them (all of them), it will cause drama at some point.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum