"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Dr. Greed is in the office

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Dr. Greed is in the office

Displaying posts 126 - 150 of 342 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14 Last
Displaying posts 126 - 150 of 342 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14 Last
Jul 28, 2011 4:53 PM ET #126 (permalink)

Been a long strange ride, dude. Things have picked up over the last year. Working as much as I can, getting our lives back on track, planning for the future, and a little one on the way. Life is still treating us a bit rough, but I feel I have the piss and vinegar to be just as rough back. Funny thing is, I saw an add for MU Radio one morning before work and clicked on it. I heard your band on there and realized I had kinda disappeared without a word. I've been haunting these forums and MU for a month or so now, didn't realize how much I missed it ;)

Jul 28, 2011 5:07 PM ET #127 (permalink)

I for one have missed your presence horribly Netro. godlike and I were partying together a couple of weeks ago and your name came up regarding members we really wish would come back. Nice to see ya back buddy. Oh and congratulations on the little one too. How far along is the little woman?

Jul 28, 2011 5:36 PM ET #128 (permalink)

Bout 15 weeks, now. We will know if we have a boy or girl on the 10th of August. We are pretty psyched. Oh and I should be saying "congratulations" as well. Looks like you and the boys did serious justice to Christian Woman. VERY cool. Like everyone else we were caught completely off-guard by Peter Steele passing on. My wife and I both love Type O and had more than a few nights where they provided the soundtrack. They were one of those bands that kinda felt like "ours" ya, know? For what it's worth, I'm pretty damn proud of you ;)

Jul 28, 2011 5:41 PM ET #129 (permalink)

God damn life getting in the way of metal, what's that fuckers problem! Haha, good to see you lurking these corners Netro - Know what you mean, I still feel upset the world's last giant is gone.

Jul 28, 2011 5:42 PM ET #130 (permalink)

Great to see you back Netromancer and congratulations on the bundle of joy!

Jul 28, 2011 5:54 PM ET #131 (permalink)

I hold that compliment in the highest regards my friend. Right up there with xFiruath, Cynic, Oz and DB. If I forgot anybody else, sorry, i'm just a bit excited to see Netro back. \m/\m/

Jul 28, 2011 6:20 PM ET #132 (permalink)

Glad to see alot of familiar faces. Thanks guys. Good to talk with all o' yas again, seriously ;)

Jul 28, 2011 6:28 PM ET #133 (permalink)

*bursts through the door

Holy shit... This is just crazy... I just heard that Netro stopped by the MU..?!?!
Whoa... Damn glad to read you bro.!! Congrats to you and the little lady \m/ \m/

I also wanna say that its nice to know that I'm not the only "lurker" around here :)

Jul 28, 2011 6:28 PM ET #134 (permalink)

I know we didn't talk much Netro, but I'm glad to see good spirits. I'm sure you'll raise a fine heathen! \m/

Jul 28, 2011 7:27 PM ET #135 (permalink)

Netro and Godlike back on the same day? If Red leaves a comment I'm gonna fist a chipmunk.

....waits for Red to comment....fists the chipmunk anyway...

Jul 28, 2011 9:17 PM ET #136 (permalink)

you guys are obsessed with fisting arent you?

Jul 28, 2011 10:33 PM ET #137 (permalink)

pyretta, its MU's greatest pastime

Jul 29, 2011 1:06 AM ET #138 (permalink)

That, and chipminks are just worthy of being fisted. Red was a cool character. It was nice o have a fellow Christian on the boards. I'm like a turd in a punch bowl with you bunch of heathens.

Jul 29, 2011 11:29 AM ET #139 (permalink)

Yo fuck you bro satan is way totally cool bro, hes like mad chill bro.

Jul 29, 2011 11:48 AM ET #140 (permalink)

Pyretta doesn't fist? *pulls his fist out of the cats ass* What's THAT about?

Jul 29, 2011 1:01 PM ET #141 (permalink)

*plop* You're not the only turd in this punchbowl, ap1.

*goes back to watching video of FAN fisting a chipmunk*

Jul 29, 2011 1:19 PM ET #142 (permalink)

DJ: Noticed that on your Yuotube. I for one do not discriminate. I have no issue with any religions really, as long as the faithful are level headed like AP1. You seem to be on the level DJ. \m/\m/

Jul 29, 2011 1:50 PM ET #143 (permalink)

Yeah, I saw you on youtube and thought I'd extend the friend request.
I'm not on FB yet, though.

Thanks. When discussing my religious views, I try to avoid being pushy about it. I can't 'make' anyone believe. It's up to the individual to believe the message or not. All I can say is what "I" believe, and others can take what they want from it.

(This post was last edited on July 29, 2011 at 1:53 PM ET.)

Jul 29, 2011 2:19 PM ET #144 (permalink)

No, thank YOU. Too often the crazy christians (or any religion really) come out of the woodwork and off the wall guns a blazin and spewing ignorance all over those who don't happen to folow their beliefs. I appriciate that you stand up for your beliefs yet don't force those beliefs on others. xFiruath and his wife get a lot of those types commin after them and I believe I've even seen a few come here and try to slander xFiruath's work as a writer. It's rediculous to me.

Jul 29, 2011 2:27 PM ET #145 (permalink)

God is the only answer. You will all burn if you dont change your ways.

Jul 29, 2011 2:41 PM ET #146 (permalink)

I think I'm the only muslim here...Is Flora muslim?

Jul 29, 2011 2:42 PM ET #147 (permalink)

Oh. Did I say God? I meant Godlike.

Jul 29, 2011 2:57 PM ET #148 (permalink)

I believe Flora is Athiest.

@ Pestilence: BWAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!! Nice one!

Jul 29, 2011 3:54 PM ET #149 (permalink)

Yeah, it's always the crazies that give us a bad name! lol
The Westboro Baptist Church are one of worse offenses to Christians, IMO.
In my interpretation of the early Christian church, based off of the book of Acts and the various Epistles of Paul, they didn't go out and shout "You're going to hell if you don't accept Jesus Christ and repent!" I think they lived their lives just trying to be a positive example of the love that Jesus shared.
In that respect, I try to do the same and let actions speak louder than words in how I deal with people... (except for trolls. lol)

Thanks for the insight on xFiruath. I understand his reporting a bit better in that light. I got a lot of respect for him for trying to be religiously unbiased in his articles. He does tend to report more on bands that have anti-religious viewpoints, but that's simply what he is drawn to. I've seen a fair amount of reporting from him on Christian bands as well. Done well, I might add.
Shame that the "fire and brimstone" christians have to screw things up. They are often the most uneducated about their faith, and definitely not the best to be trying to 'convert' people.

(This post was last edited on July 29, 2011 at 4:15 PM ET.)

Jul 29, 2011 5:28 PM ET #150 (permalink)

fundamentalists are like the juggalos of the world...Fucking stupid.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum