"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Dr. Greed is in the office

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Dr. Greed is in the office

Displaying posts 276 - 300 of 342 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 Last
Displaying posts 276 - 300 of 342 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 Last
Aug 30, 2011 12:24 PM ET #276 (permalink)

R10

Pyretta you seem quite capable in defending yourself and your province. I will add though,a number of years ago i took a vacation in the maritimes. NB and NS. Not only is it a scenic part of Canada,the people i thought were the friendliest,least pretencious folks i encountered in Canada. Great experiance up that way. Being a 4 to 4 and a half hour drive from Montreal,ive been many times. Used to see at least 1 Bruins/Canadians game a year. The french Canadians loved the fact we were there spending money,but they came across as stuck up,pretenscious. Didnt recieve that treatment in Ontario. The fact your cut off from Canada probably contributes to the stereotypes. I honestly couldnt tell the differance from a newfie or someone from NB/NS . Where is that movie/show Trailer Park Boys based in? Fuckin hilarious,stereotypes and all! To be honest,we people from these parts who are just like that. That dude with the thick glasses and the cats cracks me the fuck up. Cant even look at the dude without laughing! And they rock Helix! Ha!

Aug 30, 2011 2:03 PM ET #277 (permalink)

Ive lived in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Alberta and Newfoundland. Nothing compares to here. I love being able to breath when i walk outside unlike when i lived in ontario and had lung problems at least once a month. Nova Scotia is pretty awsome as well, same mentallity as newfies. and theres alot of newfies there as well.lol
TPB are from NS, i think they film it in cole harbour, where sidney crosby is from. Fucking bubbles is the man, mike smith opened an awsome club in Halifax but im sure i herd it was shut down due to underage drinking.
"hate to say a-toda-so, but a-toda-so"

Aug 30, 2011 2:35 PM ET #278 (permalink)

LMFAO! Yeah, i'd also like to mention that I've read Olaf enough to know he wasn't judging. Otherwise he'd be "a hot dog bun covered in gravy eating son of a bitch!"

Aug 30, 2011 2:42 PM ET #279 (permalink)

i didnt mean to sound like i was getting mad him though, just saying, its like me refering to americans or even diffferent ethnic groups are all the same. there are newfies who are assholes as well, trust me on that. Once a newfie always a newfie. We love our selves a little too much lol its an island thing

Aug 30, 2011 2:56 PM ET #280 (permalink)

R10

Hear ya greed,Olafs got his distinct brand of humour! Dudes funny as fuck! Been to Ontario a few times,good folks there! My point was because the maritimes are so shut off from the rest of Canada,stereotypes seem to go too far in judgement of folks east of Quebec. Trust me,Trailer Park Boys could have been filmed here,just differant accents;more shitty tats; prescrip pill habits,we got some shitty assed,white trash,scum here! Pyretta,Bubbles fucking rules,dudes an accomplished musician from what i hear! I gotta get around to buying all those seasons of TPB,seen all of season 1. Fucking so damn funny!

Aug 30, 2011 2:57 PM ET #281 (permalink)

"We love our selves a little too much lol its an island thing" One can NEVER love themselves too much, in fact, I'm making love to myself right now. It's unfortunate, but I have to admit I fit my ethnic stereotype to a T. I love watermelon, fried chicken and nobody makes collard greens as good as my mama's. Taste so good I had to slap the bitch!

Aug 30, 2011 3:03 PM ET #282 (permalink)

"coloured greens"
"its collard greens"
"dosnt really make sense, you dont call them collard people"

sorry, i work part time, too much tv

(This post was last edited on August 30, 2011 at 3:09 PM ET.)

Aug 30, 2011 3:22 PM ET #283 (permalink)

LMAO, and what about "black guy peas"? That's what my son called em when he was a little cracka.

Aug 30, 2011 3:38 PM ET #284 (permalink)

R10

Wow,ill step outta this one now. Collared greens? Black Eyed Peas? Time for me to move along,im afraid.

Aug 30, 2011 3:53 PM ET #285 (permalink)

wow...

Aug 30, 2011 4:16 PM ET #286 (permalink)

What can I say GC? I love me some soul food and since my sister is black my mama had to learn how to cook it. That old lady can cook her narrow white ass off.

Aug 30, 2011 7:15 PM ET #287 (permalink)

No disrespect Pyretta, Although about 4 years ago while attending a predominantly Newfoundlander wedding i asked this dude what part he was from. He replied that he was from Halifax lmfao! .... And continued on for 5 minutes that i insulted him in the worst way lol! My punishment was having to spend the next hour talking and drinking with him and yes dude hugs as well. My girlfriend(newfoundlander) told me that there is nothing worse for a Newfie or Nova Scocian (is that proper?) to be mistaken for one another.

Aug 30, 2011 8:26 PM ET #288 (permalink)

not really, im just glad that some people even know what a newfie is. I was living in the GTA and i meet people who asked what country newfoundland was in. people born and raised in canada. Im convinced if i go to china id run into a newfie

Aug 30, 2011 9:12 PM ET #289 (permalink)

I was raised in DC, my mom's side of the family is black, so I identify with black culture more. I feel kinda bad because I really don't identify with my dad's side (Tejano). Maybe if I saw them more I would, but they're all the way in Texas.

Aug 31, 2011 11:36 AM ET #290 (permalink)

I love me some TexMex food too. I pretty much eat eany ethnic food but Indian and Ethopian dishes. That shit is just downright nasty to me.

Aug 31, 2011 4:39 PM ET #291 (permalink)

Dude, I love Ethiopian food, too bad Ethiopians haven't had it :-P The only thing I like more than their food is their women...*salivates*

Indian food sucks...Not because of the taste, but they never use meat! Seriously, put some beef in it!

(This post was last edited on August 31, 2011 at 4:40 PM ET.)

Aug 31, 2011 6:46 PM ET #292 (permalink)

ZMA

Gore you just know how to make a dude laugh. Over by the mall I live near, they used to have a Curry Club right across the street from The House Of Beef. Funniest shit ever.

Thank South Park for the only reason I know where Newfoundland is.

Aug 31, 2011 9:19 PM ET #293 (permalink)

I just have a fucked up sense of humor that only works for this site...

I stopped watching South Park faithfully after Chef died...

Aug 31, 2011 11:23 PM ET #294 (permalink)

I can't remember when I stopped watching South Park, but since it's all on Netflix, I'm browsing the seasons to see when it was and resume. Nice to have some short shows to watch here and there.

I am not a fan of Etheopian or Indian food really. Love me some Persian Kabob or Thai tho (mostly just pad thai). Haven't had either in quite a while. Stupid rural county I live in/am from.

Sep 1, 2011 12:26 AM ET #295 (permalink)

Ethiopians eat?

Sep 1, 2011 12:33 AM ET #296 (permalink)

I am used to Ethiopian food since all my coworkers were Ethiopian when I drove a cab. I took someone to Meskerem Ethiopian Restaurant and they couldn't stand all the herbs and spices, or get used to eating without utensils. You scoop your food up with this big spongy tortilla called an ingera. The plus was this guy who looked like Haile Selassie playing the keyboards and singing.

Sep 1, 2011 1:10 AM ET #297 (permalink)

DB, I love Thai, girlfriend is Hindi/Pakistani and hates spicy food, ironically.

sonic, again I paid more attention to the women...

Sep 1, 2011 11:11 AM ET #298 (permalink)

ST, yep all the herbs and spices is what I don't like and the whole eating with your hands thing kinda freaked me out a little too. I happened to be at an Ethiopian restaurant for a work function a while back and it was my first time trying it. Some people were using the tortillia thingy but one guy was just scooping it up with his fingers and he's the guy that never washes his hands in the mens room so I spent the evening watching Bob contaminate the entire table's food with his dick fingers. Haven't been able to get past that since. Everyone was asking me why I wasn't eating... I just told them I wasn't hungry anymore "the appetizers didn't agree with me" or some shit. What an asshole...

Sep 1, 2011 2:05 PM ET #299 (permalink)

ZMA

GC, If I actually chilled with you in RL you're sense of humor would work all the time with my group of friends. Good times would be had by all.

I never stopped watching South Park. It was upsetting when chef left. Now he can't ever come back which sucks. Issac Hayes was awesome. But every season up till this new season this year has been good. But I don't know if maybe they're concentrating more on their play or whatever, because this newest season is horrible. It's not funny at all and the episodes are just stupid. I just hope the the latter part of the season when they come back will be better.

I'm into Asian fusion food. Chinese, Japanese, Thai, stuff like that. Other then that, a good rack of ribs will never disappoint.

Sep 1, 2011 4:11 PM ET #300 (permalink)

BG, lol! I remember being a kid, my parents forced me to go to church and this lady picked her nose and tried to shake my hand with the hand she picked her nose with right afterward, not even a napkin wipe, and I just stood there, awkward as fuck. My mom didn't see it, so she was all like "Carlos, why don't you shake Ms. [some dumb skank]'s hand?" I just stayed silent until they figured it out.

And ZMA, I wish you were in my area so we could smoke together, I'm not just like this when I post, I'm like this in real life too.

(This post was last edited on September 1, 2011 at 4:11 PM ET.)

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum