"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Tech N9ne All 6's & 7's

Posted in: Forum Home >> Non-Metal Music Discussion >> Tech N9ne All 6's & 7's

Displaying 10 posts
Displaying 10 posts
May 9, 2011 12:34 AM ET #1 (permalink)

ZMA

Ok,........talkin' about rap on a metal site........this will surely be an great idea. (WARNING: SARCASM DETECTED!)

I've said this before in the confessional thread that I love Tech N9ne. The dude is a master at his craft. I don't know how many people on here listen to rap. In fact come to think of it, I don't remember seeing anyone saying they liked rap but that's just because I can't remember, someone might have.

Tech's newest album All 6's & 7's is gonna release in June. I've heard 5 songs off it so far, and I'm digging on all of them. I don't think he's put out a bad album, my opinion of course. I think one of the best things about Tech N9ne besides his rap are the beats he chooses.

I mean rap in general basically revolves around 2 things for me. The beat and the lyrics. The beat has to bump and the lyrics have to make some sort of sense. Tech can do both of those things. He's the reason I got back into rap. I'm getting this new album for sure.

Not exactly sure why I chose this as a place to jot this down but whatever.

Does anyone else on here like Tech N9ne or are willing to give him a listen? If you like rap and hip-hop it's worth it.

(This post was last edited on May 9, 2011 at 2:17 AM ET.)

May 12, 2011 4:07 PM ET #2 (permalink)

ZMA

The lone Tech N9ne fan on Metal Underground heh heh.

May 12, 2011 5:47 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Don't know much about Tech N9ne but from the few guest spots I've heard he's alright. Don't worry though, you're not the only rap fan on this site.

http://www.metalunderground.com/forum/thread/814/Hip-Hop/

May 12, 2011 6:21 PM ET #4 (permalink)

ZMA

Wow you weren't kidding, thanks for showing me that thread. I'm gonna have to comment on that thread.

If you like rap Oz then I think Tech's solo stuff would really be worth checking out. His guest spots are cool but to truly understand how great this guy is you'd have to hear his actual music. He's really one of the biggest cats in the game right now.

He's A Mental Giant
O.G.
Night And Day
Worldwide Choopers
The Waitress

He has so many good songs but those are 5 that I think really shows his skills as a rapper.

(This post was last edited on May 12, 2011 at 6:22 PM ET.)

Jun 17, 2011 2:32 AM ET #5 (permalink)

Love Tech N9ne. "Everready" is almost always in my car's CD player. Diggin' the new album as well, but just not as much as "Everready." That album is classic.

Jun 19, 2011 3:05 PM ET #6 (permalink)

ZMA

I love Everready Hammer. It's a total classic now like you said. No Can Do, Jellysickle, My World. Honestly the whole cd is good heh heh. I'm a huge technician though I've got like 7 of his cds lol.

Jun 24, 2011 2:05 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Nice. I've got 6 I think.

Sep 22, 2011 3:10 PM ET #8 (permalink)

Tech is what got me back in to hip hop as well. He is badass. I will say his older albums are better than his newer ones (other than K.O.D. which i thought was perfect). All 6's and 7's is awesome though. Been listening to it since it released.

Oct 4, 2011 12:08 AM ET #9 (permalink)

ZMA

^ Yea and now Welcome To Strangeland is comin' out next month already. I'm pumped. I already listened to the preorder song, Beautiful Music. Pretty good song. Lookin' forward to this.

Mar 21, 2012 2:13 AM ET #10 (permalink)

It's easy to get caught up in the rapid, what-did-he-just-say nature of Tech N9ne's flow, but it is his lyrical ability that truly makes him shine.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Non-Metal Music Discussion forum