"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

The traveling metal head \m/\m/

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> The traveling metal head \m/\m/

Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 109 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 109 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Aug 30, 2009 5:37 PM ET #26 (permalink)

wiggles - LOFL.. I was just fucking with ya man.!
Ive seen some skinny cooks, but then again, the majority of all cooks Ive ever seen have been a bit on the
heavy side.?
I think that where that saying came from was that if a cook is kinda skinny, than maybe that's a sign that they
wont even it the food they cook.?
Next time I'm passing through your area, I will stop in and give yours a try;-)

Aug 30, 2009 7:59 PM ET #27 (permalink)

godlike -- Glad to hear you're doing alright, man. You know, eating out can be expensive, but not as expensive as EATING OUT, 'cause you gotta buy her a meal too. (OH! Giggidy giggidy goo!)

Aug 31, 2009 11:12 AM ET #28 (permalink)

So did you tune her guitar or just her? lol.

Aug 31, 2009 12:06 PM ET #29 (permalink)

Mornin metal heads \m/
I am currently sitting at a dock in Nashville, waiting for my trailer to be unloaded. From here I'm heading back down
into AL for a load of cardboard packing supplies and then hauling it back to Omaha for a Thursday delivery.!
That's gives me two and half days to drive 825 miles... legally I can drive about 600 or so a shift.?
Yep, plenty of time to make my way across some more of the south.!

TOG - Ain't that the truth.. Sometimes paying for "her" to eat isnt even worth the price it was to eat her! LOFL

Bg1 - Umm, well I guess you could say I tuned both.! The "old" guitar she was referring to, just happened to be an
'84 Les Paul Standard... a nice axe indeed.!!
As for tuning the thing it didnt take much, but the damn strings on it must be about 10yrs old.?
That took about 5min... It took A LOT longer to tune up her Gstring.. Gigigidy Gigigidy :)
And when all the "chores" were done she fixed me some supper and brought me back to my truck.. My belly was
full and my sack was empty... Damn, I slept better last night than I have in a week.! LOL

(This post was last edited on August 31, 2009 at 12:11 PM ET.)

Aug 31, 2009 1:13 PM ET #30 (permalink)

A 84 standard huh? Sounds sweet. All factory i'm assuming? Sounds like they're keeping you busy brother. Good on them.

Aug 31, 2009 5:06 PM ET #31 (permalink)

Yo Godlike have you got an auto yet or still driving a manual?

Aug 31, 2009 10:02 PM ET #32 (permalink)

Evening my metal brothers \m/\m/
Tonight brings me to a little truck stop outside of Jackson,TN.. I am now a quarter of the way to my Thur. destination
and its only Mon night... Damn, I wish I could get ahold of my young lady friend here in town.. but it seems she
changed her phone number since we last talked.? Damn the bad luck!!
It would sure be nice to get out the truck for awhile again.. I just unloaded last night, but I'm sure I could find another load to get rid of again tonight.? LOL

Bg1 - Yeah man, I'm certainly staying busy... which is great being that I get paid by the mile..!
Yeah, that guitar was certainly pretty sweet... she told me that it was her fathers and he gave it to her years
ago... Hell, I don't even think she plays it.? I think she used that as an excuse to get me to her place to take
advantage of me.. I feel so cheap and a bit used today.. LOFL

wiggles - I drive a manual tranny... auto's are for pussies.! LOL
The one I have in my rig is what is called a super 9 or auto 9..?
Its manual through 8th and then 9th gear acts as an overdrive that shifts by itself once I hit about 58mph.??
Which works great when it comes to climbing the big hills and mountains... I go into the bottom cruising at 65 or so and as soon as it starts to lose power it downshifts back into 8th for me.!

Sep 1, 2009 3:12 AM ET #33 (permalink)

Haha a lot of the drivers who I talk to are stoked on autos. But not many have them yet.

Sep 1, 2009 11:22 AM ET #34 (permalink)

godlike: You feel cheap. lol. Sorry about the news on your Cheifs brother. I'm a bit puzzled about the whole situation because the report from camp was that Brodie Croyle was kicking ass and taking names and would be announced as the back up, but they named Thigpen as his back up until Cassel returns in 4-6 weeks.

Sep 1, 2009 12:56 PM ET #35 (permalink)

That's a pretty sweet transmission you've got there man.

Sep 1, 2009 10:42 PM ET #36 (permalink)

HEY GODLIKE!

Here's a little something you'd like in reference to shooting stupid drivers:

iGun Rampage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlzoL-wQwio

And also, if you're ever in MD, you should hit up myself or deathbringer if you're anywhere near PG County or Frederick.

Sep 2, 2009 3:12 AM ET #37 (permalink)

I love traveling. I've been traveling by myself since 06 going to several shows supporting the Texas underground scene. I also do interviews for Winter Torment e-zine.

Be careful out there.

Sep 2, 2009 10:07 AM ET #38 (permalink)

bro
whatere are up did not hear from you for a while
soory did not send you a email
got some problems with my machine at home
got to go to the store of my wife to go on mu
where are ya now
send me a email with you cell number
will call ya on the road

np biohazerd hold my own

Sep 2, 2009 11:26 AM ET #39 (permalink)

Wilco: I got it. I'll send it to ya in email.

Sep 2, 2009 3:53 PM ET #40 (permalink)

Hello fellow metal heads \m/\m/
I am now sitting at a truck stop in Omaha,NE... waiting until tomorrow morning so I can get this 22 tons of paper
unloaded off my trailer!
I spent last night in Bumfuck,MO with a horrible internet connection... I would have been better off punching myself
in the nuts than wasting my time trying to get a website to load.!
Yeah, the wireless internet adapters are cool to have, but if you cant get a decent signal its a lot like dial up :(

Today started off fairly shitty, within an hour of hitting the road, I had a front row seat to watch a beautiful German shepperd get smoked by a semi traveling in the opposite direction.! That sucked to witness :(
Not more than a mile after that I seen a female dog with 3 (not more than 6-8 wk old) puppies wandering around
in the median between lanes of traffic.. I'm fairly certain those pups wont last the day before getting squashed by
a car or truck.? With that much traffic on the road, it wasnt like I could have pulled over to save them :(

Bg1 - I was able to check my email and look at those picks... Damn, Jsin does some decent work.!!
I shall look forward to letting him pound some ink into me someday:)
Yeah, that little honey's old Les Paul was indeed a sweet axe, but as I said, I got the feeling that its not played very
often, being that she dug it out of the back of a closet and the case hinges creaked when it was opened.!
Just as I figured, she used that as an excuse to get into my pants.!! :-)

Wilco - Hey bro.. not much happening with me.! Give me a call anytime man, I'd love to bullshit with ya \m/

GC- I will be sure to give a holler at ya, if I get to that area.?
Glad to read ya.. its nice to have my brothers showing up... I feel like I have my own little following now.! LOL

wiggles - The auto trannies aren't all that common out on the roads around here.! They have many problems when it
comes to climbing hills and mountains.. so most of the drivers prefer a manual.!

TOG - Hey man, as soon as I get around a decent signal.. or back home for a few days, I will continue stocking your
Saxon collection \m/\m/

Sep 2, 2009 6:07 PM ET #41 (permalink)

godlike: Well you know where to find us. Omaha huh? Better than Ogalala, but it's still fucking Nebraska and I vowed to never step foot in that state again so you can have it. God damned women. They just treat us like a fucking peice of meat ya know? That is as it should be. LOL. I'll drink one for ya tonight. Stay safe brother.

Sep 3, 2009 10:57 PM ET #42 (permalink)

Hello to all my fellow metal brothers and sisters(if they ever show up here?)

Tonight I am back to sitting at the same truck stop that I spent last night... Damnit.!!
Obviously, a load to get me back home for the weekend is a bit hard to find? Oh well, its certainly A LOT better
weather than I dealt with down south last weekend.! It was only in the mid 60s today but it rained all day long, which
meant that I did nothing but take naps and watch Dexter.!

Victory - So They Run

Sep 10, 2009 12:41 PM ET #43 (permalink)

godlike -- You haven't posted anything on here in a while. Everything okay??

Sep 10, 2009 1:12 PM ET #44 (permalink)

Hey Godlike I was looking to say what's up but you are MIA!?!
Hopefully you are just out and about, driving and "tuning" ;)

Sep 10, 2009 2:54 PM ET #45 (permalink)

Hello to all of my fellow metalheads \m/\m/
After a long and relaxing 5 day weekend at home for Labor Day I am on the road again... Oddly enough I was
away from my truck from Sat.-Wed. but yet I was still delivering loads the whole time..Giggidy Giggidy ;-)

I left home last night and drove 85 miles to the local Tyson meat packing plant. I picked up a trailer there
and drove all night to meet a 6am delivery deadline in Omaha, NE this morning.
Currently I am sitting at the same truck stop that I was a resident of last week... I took a nice long hot shower
and slept for most of today, but I feel like a nap is going to be happening in my near future?
Later this evening I will be picking up a load in Council Bluffs, IA and leaving on a journey to Amarillo, Texas for delivery on Sat. afternoon.!

Bruno - Hey brother.. whats shakin? Its good to read ya \m/

TOG/ Hammerheart - Damn, I was a bit confused for a few moments as to who the hell this new member was?? LOL
Then it occurred to me that I should read the profile before writing a response and making myself look like a fool :)
Glad to know my brothers are keeping track of my travels and latest postings\m/
Did you get that latest email I sent you? I should be able to send some more next time I'm home.? Unless I find
a decent wireless connection down in Texas?

Bg1 - Sup fucker ?

Sep 10, 2009 5:01 PM ET #46 (permalink)

Dude, I was on the road this weekend and kept a lookout for ya, but now I know where you were.

Sep 10, 2009 6:20 PM ET #47 (permalink)

Ah ha... that reminds me.!
Just for future reference, I'm driving a Peterbuilt flattop model 387.!
Its candy apple red with blue and white stripes along the sides and says B-T Inc.in blue lettering
on the doors! Truck # 1185
The company has a half a dozen rigs just like this but none of the others have such a cool fucking pilot
as this one \m/\m/
The trailers will either have "B-T Inc" in blue and red lettering or "Decker" in yellow and red.?
The company I drive for is owned by Decker so we all haul the same trailers at different times, depending on where
we're going and what is being hauled?

ap1 - Damn bro :(
Sorry I missed ya, where abouts were ya traveling?

Sep 10, 2009 10:58 PM ET #48 (permalink)

Georgia to Louisiana on Friday, and back on Wednesday.

Sep 14, 2009 11:06 AM ET #49 (permalink)

Sorry I missed your call this weekend man, but I was up in Phoenix and out of touch for most of the week. Amarillo huh? You're getting closer to Az now it seems. You'll have to give me a ring if you run through here so we can get together and shoot the shit.

Sep 14, 2009 1:42 PM ET #50 (permalink)

Hey Godlike, I was listening to a radio show a few days ago, and they were interviewing a couple of fella's about the littering issue going on with truck driver's. What's your take on it? Just curious man...

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum