"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

The traveling metal head \m/\m/

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> The traveling metal head \m/\m/

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 109 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 109 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Aug 27, 2009 5:21 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Hey everyone..
I thought it would be easier, starting my own thread, than trying to catch up with all the different topics :)

I am currently sitting in Alabama with 11tons of Blue Bunny Ice Cream in my trailer waiting to get unloaded.
Its been a long week so far.. Ive put on 2300miles since Sat night and I'm still over a 1000 miles from home!
The week started off with a hectic trip into Chicago hauling 22tons of meat to a distributor.. On the way out of Chicago, I was loaded with 23tons of anti-freeze.!

Once again, I get reminded on a daily basis, just how many idiotic drivers there are behind the steering wheels
of cars all over the country.!
I had a thought this morning while driving through Nashville,TN... just after avoiding getting myself a new hood ornament made out of young blond girl driving a SUV, that if truckers were allowed to carry guns and shoot all the ignorant drivers on the roads.. there would be A LOT less traffic everywhere.!

Just a little info for all the car drivers out there... When a semi is traveling down the highway at 55 miles an hour... it takes over 600feet to be able to come to a complete stop.? Most people have no clue just how fucking crazy it is to be behind the wheel of these big boys.!
When it comes to driving and controlling something like this... at 55-65 miles an hour, we are not really driving the truck.. we are only aiming 80 thousand pounds of battering ram.!

Aug 27, 2009 6:49 PM ET #2 (permalink)

If that "truckers shooting stupid people" thing makes it to the polls I'd vote for it. To hell with cutting down on traffic; think of how much cleaner our gene pool would be! Be careful out there brother and keep those fucking horns up \m/\m/

Aug 27, 2009 7:25 PM ET #3 (permalink)

hey brothers
how are you maybe we can make this one last forever
yeah would be cool to shoot most of the people on the road
will make it a safer world and road to drive on

everytime i am in the usa and on the road in my rental car or bike
it scares the shit out of me when i go down hill
and see a big truck in my mirror comming my way

bro drive carefull on the road

Aug 27, 2009 11:05 PM ET #4 (permalink)

baby.

Aug 28, 2009 12:42 AM ET #5 (permalink)

Good evening brothers\m/\m/

I am now sitting at a truck stop on the GA border... I was kinda hoping to have some company tonight.,
but it seems that my patriotic brother didn't want to check his email ;-)
It sounds like I might be heading into Atlanta in the morning to get a load heading back towards home.?

Bg1 - I ended up running late at the unloading dock so I did not have time to make it back to that revival meetin :)
Damn, I was looking forward to stopping in to see what all the fuss was about.?

Speaking of keeping those horns up.. Damn, I am thoroughly impressed with the stereo system in this rig.!
200watts pushing through 6speakers plus two subs mounted underneath the bunk!
Before I left home, I had the Sloth snag me another 20+ cds to add to my mp3 player....
I'm almost ashamed to admit it... but Ive never had much Pantera in my collection.. now I have them all \m/\m/

wilco - Hey brother... we will certainly try to keep this one going for awhile!!
I was kinda thinking that it would be easier stopping by here, instead of having to get into my email everyday.?

Remember : Truckers never die, they just get a new Peterbuilt ;-)

(This post was last edited on August 28, 2009 at 12:44 AM ET.)

Aug 28, 2009 7:06 AM ET #6 (permalink)

Well shit, I wish I would've known. Don't you have my phone number? Sorry about that one brother.

Aug 28, 2009 9:43 AM ET #7 (permalink)

yeah bro
do you got a cell phone only got you phone number from your house
so where you heading to next
bro take care

Aug 28, 2009 2:19 PM ET #8 (permalink)

Well, here it is a day later, and I'm still sitting at the same truck stop.. which is 10miles from the GA border.?
Its hot and humid and all I can do is sit here and wait to get directions/instructions for my next load.?

ap1 - Ah... don't worry about it bro.. I was just giving you some shit for the "baby" comment.! LOFL
Yeah, I have your number but I didn't call cause I figured its a couple hour drive between us.? I cant go anywhere "out
of route"... unless I pay for the fuel? 7miles to the gallon is a bit steep for my wallet.!
Now.. if I end up sitting here for the weekend waiting on a load.. I will be calling you, begging for some company.?
I'm sure we could find a "titty" bar somewhere to spend some time in huh.?

wilco... the phone number you have for me is my cell phone., I don't even have a home phone at all.!

Bg1 - sup fucker ;)

Aug 28, 2009 2:44 PM ET #9 (permalink)

Not to break your heart, but it's not hot here today. Actually, this summer has been relatively mild. No titty bars for me brother. I don't have the money, and the wife won't give me the kitchen pass for that one. Also, if you were up around Atlanta, or the border, yeah, you were a little ways from me.

Aug 28, 2009 2:46 PM ET #10 (permalink)

The life of a trucker huh? Pretty interesting to me! What do you do to keep yourself busy on the road godlike? You just by yourself?

Aug 28, 2009 3:19 PM ET #11 (permalink)

Ha, I don't mind it when its hot, but all you midwest and east cost fuckers can HAVE that humidity shit. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't make the revival godlike. I was hoping to get a play by play acount of your experience. I think that watching people drink strychnine and get bitten by pit vipers would be a good time to be had by each and every individual! lol. Anyways, watch out for those sleeper rats and keep the shiney side up on that rig.

Aug 28, 2009 3:46 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Godlike - It's good to hear from ya man! Looks like you got a heavy load this time around. Take it easy and make sure you give us a scoop of the life on the road every now and then l,,/

Aug 28, 2009 4:50 PM ET #13 (permalink)

ap1 - Well man, to be honest with ya, I don't really drink all that much and the old lady would have a shit fit if I was
in a titty bar too.! So, in all reality I was more or less talking out of my ass :)
According to my GPS... I am about a 2hr drive from you...give or take??
Don't worry about not wanting to travel this far.. I completely understand.!! I might just give ya a holler this weekend
if I end up spending it here.? Let me know when a good time to call is? I don't really want to catch ya at a bad time... I hate it when the phone rings while I'm sitting on the thrown or laying pipe :)

Cynic - Yeah, I'm by myself. In this small of space, with two people, it gets mighty confined.! As far as things to do to keep myself from going crazy.? I have a guitar and small amp with me, my mp3 player with over 4000 tunes on it and I have my laptop with a wireless internet adapter, a few books and even a pile of DVDs.. so boredom isn't really a problem.?

Shredder - Good to read ya brother\m/\m/
That is the reason I started this thread... was to kinda give a play by play in the life of the American trucker.... Its not
all like ya see on TV.. "Ice Road Truckers" make it seem like its a walk in the park. LOL
I just wish I could be as cool as Patrick Swayze in "Black Dog".!
All I am lacking is the fingerless driving gloves... and the colon cancer?

Bg1 - Hey man, I don't roll any other way than shiney side up!
Sleeper rats.. Lot lizards.. they aren't usually a problem.? I tend to give them shit about their prices and they leave me alone.! LOL

Aug 28, 2009 5:26 PM ET #14 (permalink)

That's the difference between you and I. You give them shit about their prices. I give them shit for being inbred and having only one tooth. Either way, it keeps them at bay (or baying at the moon) and as long as that's the case our wallets are safe. LOL.

Aug 28, 2009 5:58 PM ET #15 (permalink)

Hell, there is nothing wrong with the toothless inbreds.! They need work too?
Which reminds me of a chick working in this place... she smiled at me while I was eating dinner and I about choked...
In that smile was only her two incisors and all kinds of lips..LOFL
What a scary sight that was.!! Ugh!!
Being that those two teeth are so far apart she probably saves a lot of money on dental floss tho.?

(This post was last edited on August 28, 2009 at 7:04 PM ET.)

Aug 28, 2009 6:36 PM ET #16 (permalink)

LMFAO!!! Hell if she'd had more teeth she probably would have whistled at ya!

Aug 29, 2009 8:42 PM ET #17 (permalink)

Evenin everyone \m/
Today's travels bring me to Boaz,AL.. where I'm picking up a load of chicken to haul into Nashville,TN for a Chinese
restaurant.! It was another hot and humid day while I traveled the back roads of this fine southern state deep in the
Bible belt. I don't think I have ever seen so many churches.?

Once again, I feel like I'm doing these states a favor while I visit.. I'm raising the average IQ level of the state while
I'm here :)

Aug 29, 2009 10:38 PM ET #18 (permalink)

Go to Abilene, Texas. That place town has more churches than even God himself intended.

Godlike: Pretty much anything after 11:00 pm is off limits. The wife and kid are asleep then.

Aug 30, 2009 12:12 PM ET #19 (permalink)

Good to hear you got a load man. I can't imagine being stuck at a truckstop for the entire weekend in swealtering heat and humidity.

AP1: Just about any town in Tx. has more churches than even god intended. lol.

Aug 30, 2009 3:15 PM ET #20 (permalink)

G'day to my metal brothers \m/\m/
Today I'm hunkered down in a truck stop located about 30min outside of Nashville., my unload time is not until 9am
Mon. am.! I find that its best to avoid the cities until just before the appointment time.!

I spent some time this morning taking a shower and having a good old home cooked meal rather than fast food.. Damn, they certainly know how to feed a dude down in these parts. That truck stop I spent time at in Alabama had
buffets for every meal.. What a HUGE pile of food.!
And today was no different.. I hate leaving food on my plate, but a guy can only eat so much!!

Oddly enough, I ended up with an offer to get away from the truck for awhile this afternoon/evening.? One of the young ladies that works inside offered to take me home with her, for awhile when she gets off work today, so I can wash some clothes... Hmmm... perhaps I can find a load for her to take care of too? :)
Southern hospitality is something this manwhore is certainly going to take advantage of... unless of course I see
the signs of her doing this on a daily/weekly basis?
As we talked about metal and playing guitars, she broke the ice by saying that she has an old guitar at home that she
wished she knew how to tune.? Ummmm, is that just a line or is there really a guitar at home.?
I can only assume she is not from this area originally because she has a mouth full of teeth and can actually carry on a decent conversation about something other than God or the weather.? LOFL

Alright den :-|
I reckon I should get some paperwork done now in case its a long night.!

Aug 30, 2009 3:37 PM ET #21 (permalink)

"I hate leaving food on my plate, but a guy can only eat so much!!"

That's why God invented Tupperware ma brotha!!! It heats, eats, cleans and stores easily. God, if you are going to be spending time in the south, hit the Waffle Houses, or the Huddle Houses.

Aug 30, 2009 3:46 PM ET #22 (permalink)

ap1 - Damn, Ive seen a pile of those "Huddle House" places... Is the food decent.?

As for leftovers, it would be totally different if I had the space to have a microwave in my rig.! But if that was the
case I sure as hell would not be spending so much money on food.! Damn, it gets fairly expensive to eat out all
the time.. but there are certainly bonuses with eating out... the scenery is nice to look at.. unless they're lacking
teeth!! LOL

Aug 30, 2009 4:59 PM ET #23 (permalink)

The only two lots of people I trust on the road are truckies and cops.
Why? Because both of them spend far more time on the road than anyone else out there.

Aug 30, 2009 5:03 PM ET #24 (permalink)

Hey wiggles, Glad to read ya brother \m/\m/

Speaking of trust... I was always told to "never trust a skinny cook".!
Is there any truth to that.? LOL

Aug 30, 2009 5:07 PM ET #25 (permalink)

Fuck no man not once in all the years I've been cooking for people have I had a complaint. Although the old head chef here was a big dude and his stuff was soooo good. He has is own place now.
People travel up two hours to eat his food!

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum