"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Free Metal CD To Help Promote Sri Lankan Metal

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Free Metal CD To Help Promote Sri Lankan Metal

Displaying 5 posts
Displaying 5 posts
Aug 27, 2009 12:25 AM ET #1 (permalink)

You can download the 2 part album for free from http://srilankanheavymetalunion.blogspot.com/2009/01/sri-lankan-heavy-metal-compilation.html.
Leave your comments and tell me what you think
The compilation is strictly restricted to promotional purposes only. Copying and sales of these material without the consent of the artist is strictly prohibited.

Sep 4, 2009 2:00 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Dudes, seriously, show your love for these guys! Especially Funeral in Heaven!

Sep 5, 2009 6:49 AM ET #3 (permalink)

did lissen to it not bad
but somehow got allways a strange feeling about bands who come from srilanka or iraq
think allways about dudes with long beards and gril ropes and dudes who fuck goats

well dont have a problem with sheep they are soft

Sep 5, 2009 10:33 AM ET #4 (permalink)

"dont have a problem with sheep they are soft" - LMAO!!!

I have no problem with foreign metal. In fact, a lot of the time I find a particular band endearing simply because they ARE from a foreign country. I honestly think that metal mixes extremely well with world music, and that this hasn't been fully appreciated/realised/taken advantage of yet. Some bands do add a foreign flair to their metal soundscape, and I think this gives them a very unique style that a lot more bands should be taking notice of. If you're from a non-Western country and play in a metal band, I say to you: try mixing your countries' traditional music with your metal sound, the results could be amazing!!

*Please note: havn't listened to OP's suggested music, so I have no idea whether they've done such things or not. The above posters seem to feel it's not bad stuff though, so I guess you should give it a try? Guess I should too hahah :)

Sep 5, 2009 9:56 PM ET #5 (permalink)

psythe, I totally agree with that! Listen to Melechesh! And by the way, I'm friends with Chathuranga Fonseka (frontman for Funeral in Heaven). Give them a listen!

myspace.com/funeralinheaven

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum