"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

District 9

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> District 9

Displaying 13 posts
Displaying 13 posts
Aug 26, 2009 11:29 AM ET #1 (permalink)

Okay, so I thought the movie was gonna suck. It was awesome! The protagonist was kind of a fucktard, I quickly learned to hate him and be glad whenever his fuck-ups bit him in the ass. But again, great movie. And I found out I can perfectly emulate the language of prawns.

Anyone else seen it? If not, you must! Its such a Metal film!

Aug 26, 2009 1:26 PM ET #2 (permalink)

yeah i really liked it, especially when they attacked the corporation with the prawn weapons.

Aug 27, 2009 1:43 PM ET #3 (permalink)

I liked the movie specifically because, it didnt portray the protaganist as a HERO. Instead, it's whatever that normal guy would have done in that situation because he's a jackass.

Th movie also spectacularly pulled off a message about intolerance without feeling cheesy or preachy. It just told it like it is, and let's the viewer feel guilty about the human race all by themselves.

The fuckin mech suit raped face. I never thought I would ever see the half-life gun ever be used in a movie. But nonetheless, they did it, and seeing a pig be shot a soldier by a giant robot was fucking awesome.

Not to mention it was nowhere near as long as I expected from a Peter Jackson wank-a-thon. I expected to sit in that theater for another hour and be forced to pee into a coke bottle so I wouldnt miss anything.

Aug 27, 2009 1:48 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Ahhh, I want to see this movie so bad!

Aug 27, 2009 1:53 PM ET #5 (permalink)

I was going to see this last Sunday but saw Inglorious Bastards instead. IG was great- Brad Pitt stole the movie as the "Red-Blooded American" and without him I don't think it would have been as bad-ass. Also, whoever hired Eli Roth as actor needs to be beaten. That guy needs to sttick to directing or 10-minute bit parts- he is terrible.

I am afraid District 9 will be another Cloverfield...but all the people here on the internet and in the real world that I talked to say it is great, so maybe this weekend I will see it.

Aug 27, 2009 1:56 PM ET #6 (permalink)

It's anything but. You can pretty much leave any idea of what the movie is at the door, because there's just no way to expect what District 9 is. I thought it was amazing.

Aug 27, 2009 2:38 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Just to clarify...We don't like the protagonist? Because by definition that makes him the antagonist. (Haven't seen the film)

Aug 27, 2009 3:17 PM ET #8 (permalink)

He's definitely a protagonist, he just gets some emotional pushing to get him there. He's sort of like a South African David Brent, if you will.

(This post was last edited on August 27, 2009 at 3:18 PM ET.)

Sep 1, 2009 12:42 PM ET #9 (permalink)

Cloverfield made me vomit. Literally.

Sep 1, 2009 3:42 PM ET #10 (permalink)

POV: That makes 2 of us.

Sep 3, 2009 3:39 AM ET #11 (permalink)

Good movie, makes you think alot.

Sep 9, 2009 2:59 AM ET #12 (permalink)

planning on seeing it this week some time. although my shifts are being a bastard at the moment..

Sep 9, 2009 7:11 AM ET #13 (permalink)

I saw District 9 on monday and really enjoyed it. Much better than what I expected.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum