"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Psychobilly

Posted in: Forum Home >> Non-Metal Music Discussion >> Psychobilly

Displaying 5 posts
Displaying 5 posts
Apr 28, 2011 3:52 AM ET #1 (permalink)

Is anyone here familiar with this genre of music? It's basically a fusion of Punk and Rockabilly with lyrical themes of science fiction, sexual violence, horror and dark/comical poetry.

My girlfriend absolutely LOVES this type of music and she has pretty much brainwashed me into enjoying it. There are a few bands that I actually enjoy like The Quakes, Koffin Kats, Horrorpops, The Creepshow, Mad Sin, just to name a few.

I'm curious to know if anyone else likes this unique genre of music.

Apr 28, 2011 1:51 PM ET #2 (permalink)

R10

Brainwashed you into liking it eh Cryonics? Hmm... A couple you listed I like fairly well;and ill throw a couple more your way. Tiger Armys first 2 or 3 releases are pretty damn good;their first ep especially. They smoke a version of Misfits American Nightmare. And check out legends Reverand Horton Heat. All good stuff!

Apr 28, 2011 6:56 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Yeah, I'll use the term "brainwashed" haha. I shall listen to those first few albums by Tiger Army (considering I haven't really listened to any of their stuff).

Reverend Horton Heat have that signature Rockabilly sound. 12-Bar Blues in full effect!

(This post was last edited on April 28, 2011 at 6:58 PM ET.)

Jun 4, 2011 10:42 AM ET #4 (permalink)

The Koffin Kats kick ass

Jun 17, 2011 2:30 AM ET #5 (permalink)

You ever listen to the Nekromantix? They're not bad either.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Non-Metal Music Discussion forum