"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Most brutal mosh pit ever

Posted in: Forum Home >> Classic Metal >> Most brutal mosh pit ever

Displaying 19 posts
Displaying 19 posts
Apr 23, 2011 8:18 PM ET #1 (permalink)

what has to be the craziest fucking mosh pit you guys have ever been in?

Apr 23, 2011 9:22 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Suffocation. First time Isaw them, they were headlining Summer Slaughter with Necrophagist, and the pit sucked. All the kids that had been windmilling and karate-kicking all night long got tired I guess.

But the SECOND time...Mothufuckaaaaaa....

They opened up for devildriver, right after Goatwhore, and right from the start shit got violent. First song, some dude flew backwards and headbutted my face with the back of his head in the first thirty seconds. unfortunately, I didnt break my nose or anything, but fuck that shit hurt. Great way to start a set. The whole hour they were playing the mosh pit didnt get bigger than maybe 25 square feet, but was filled with like 50 people, and didnt slow down or get calm once. The pit was so packed that people were crowdsurfing over it while people were still moshing. I dont even know how many crowdsurfers got punched in the face. Thats not even mentioning the bands rediculous stage presence and antics that occured up there on stage.

Apr 23, 2011 9:33 PM ET #3 (permalink)

you totally shouldve seen the pit when i saw Destruction with Warbeast and a few other thrash bands. practically the whole fucking room was moshing. there was a line along the walls of the whole place with the people who werent moshing. I went into the pit during thrash til death and the ravenous beast. fucking fun as shit. luckily i didnt get clocked in the face or anything, but i saw some dude who had a black eye come out of the pit and sit against the wall.

Apr 23, 2011 9:44 PM ET #4 (permalink)

^dude the last thrash concert i went to sucked. Overkill was headlining with Forbidden. They had Bonded by Blood, Evile, and Gama bomb in support, and the place was dead as shit. It didnt start getting packed till halfway through Forbidden's set. By that point my friends were all pissed and just wanted to go home, so I missed Overkill on top of all that. There were two pits the whole night. One for Gama bomb, which was fun, but empty, and another for Forbidden, but I didnt even bother with that one cause I was just watching the band(hadnt heard em before except for a couple songs I really liked, so I was checkin em out). Fuckin people these days dont want to mosh unless theres a breakdown they can windmill to. and sometimes not even then. I weep for this upcoming generation of eunuchs.

Apr 23, 2011 10:49 PM ET #5 (permalink)

i wouldve totally killed to see overkill live! especially with evile! but the show sounds like it sucked ass. i REALLY hope i can go to either mayhem fest or gigantour this year just so i can see megadeth. they came last year with slayer and testament and i couldnt get tickets because i didnt hear about the show until like, two days before it happend. Now im constantly checking websites for metal concerts that are nearby. the one thing i cant fuckin wait for is when judas priest announces their north american dates. it's gonna be the shit.

Apr 24, 2011 8:46 AM ET #6 (permalink)

Probably Devildriver... I fractured my nose at that one. Haha and I pissed some guy off so much, he went to the bar, ordered a pint and came back just to tip it all over my SISTERS head... I love looking like her sometimes XP But yeah, not many mental bands come to where I live so I have explore england if I wanna get smashed

Apr 24, 2011 2:36 PM ET #7 (permalink)

First livingdeadbeat breaks her nose at Amon Amarth, now you get your nose broken at Devildriver...fuck my life I broke mine at Trivium. I wasnt even in the moshpit. Some dude in a red shirt flew out of the pit and jumped in the air for no goddamned reason while I was turning my head. his chest slammed into my face, and voila! my nose had apparently forgoton to put on it's seatbelt and went flying to the left.

No injuries during a devildriver set for me though. both times I saw them were fooking intense, at Ozzfest and the show with suffocation and goatwhore i was talking about. Always a great band to mosh to. It's like some of their songs are specifically tailored to activate that part of the brain that understands "mosh!"

Apr 25, 2011 2:19 PM ET #8 (permalink)

RTB

hatebreed and slayer of all the bands ive seen had the most brutal pits....
as i lay dying always constructs the wall of death, which are always fun...
biggest circle pit ive ever witnessed believe it or not was slipknot, 2001 LA forum..you had to see it to believe it, 75 % of the floor was moving

Apr 25, 2011 4:10 PM ET #9 (permalink)

R10

Laugh at me young folks;but being a veteran of East Coast hard core and metal core shows in N England I'm pretty sure you all could never comprehend what a Hatebreed;Blood for Blood;Madball show was like in 97 or 98 in a small ass club like Infinitys in W Springfield MA. Gangs like FSU would put a indescrimanate beat down on innocent people. Vision of Disorder@ Earth Crisis shows would be violent as fuck! Me being as big and mean looking as I am would get left alone;but there were times I was worried about my safety. Those were the days! Sick of it All shows were pretty crazy too.

Apr 25, 2011 9:25 PM ET #10 (permalink)

Biggest cicle pit Ive ever seen? Lamb of God at ozzfest at the west palm beach amphitheatre. There were a bunch of people moshing in little circles for the first half of their set, but then it got dark, and they played Vigil....Holy fuck.

As soon as that little break in the middle of the song where the lumbering half of the song turns into that speed riff that opens up the the second half came in, the whole place went nuts. All the little pits just tore themselvea apart and reformed into TWO massive pits, each the size of a football field, no exageration. Since we were on the lawn area, people were camped out with coolers, towels, chairs, the works. People's shit got DECIMATED. I dont even know how many peoples hats, chairs, and glasses I stomped on running throught that circle pit.

But what really put the scope of the pit into proper scale was when I got pushed OUT of it, into the empty middle section. DEAD SILENCE. I couldnt hear the band, I couldnt hear the crowd, I couldnt even hear the footsteps of the cicrle pit 5 feet away from me. probably one of the top ten creepiest, eeriest moments of my life was standing int hat void of sound in the middle of the circle pit. While I was standing there, dumbfounded, staring at the wall of people speed-marching in a circle in the distance, some dude got pushed out maybe a hundred feet from me,a nd he had the most terrified look on his fac ein the world, probably the same look I had when I first got pushed out of the pit. He looked at me, I looked at him, we shrugged, ran at each other, and collided our way right back into the circle.

FUCKING INSANE.

sorry for all the caps. lol

Apr 25, 2011 9:39 PM ET #11 (permalink)

R10

Kinda sounds like the massive figure 8 circle pit for Machine Head at Ozzfest 97 at Giants Stadium. From the stands all I could see was arms and hair. So much steam from it being 98 fucking degrees. And when Pantera came on all fucking hell literally let loose. 70 yards of that stadium was a pit. Manson followed that shit and of course was a huge let down

Apr 25, 2011 10:20 PM ET #12 (permalink)

^haha. sounds like when I saw Slayer open for Manson. Slayer was on, people were kickin each other in the face and the entire crowd was headbanging and singing along to Disciple. 10000 people singing "God Hates Us all!" is a sight and sound to behold lol

Then Manson came on. some fat girl ran down the lawn yellin "Manson's up, it's on now bitches!!". He came on, played three songs, and everybody started leaving. Even the manson fans looked depressed lol

Apr 25, 2011 10:32 PM ET #13 (permalink)

R10

Oh yea that was Mayhem. Yes I hit the road after Slayer on that one to. 1000s of others also. Has to make Manson feel like shit seeing half the crowd bolting for the exits while he's playing. When Slayers on not many bands can follow them

Apr 26, 2011 3:58 PM ET #14 (permalink)

^haha that's because compared to slayer, manson can't do shit. testament/slayer/megadeth show last year was fucking insane when slayer came on. right when the curtain dropped for world painted blood, the whole fucking place went balls out crazy. i was actually pretty surprised that Megadeth could make the crowd at elast move after slayer came on.

Apr 26, 2011 8:43 PM ET #15 (permalink)

when I saw the big 3/4ths tour lol, Megadeth did the smart thing and opened up for Slayer. the line-up was actually pretty smart. Anthrax opened up and got people moshing, got people laughing, got the place moving and rocking out. Megadeth gave people a reason to REALLY mosh, when they played songs like Holy Wars and Headcrusher, and gave guitar nerds something to chill out and jam to. Then Slayer comes on and did what Slayer does best: RAPE YOUR FUCKING EARS.

Too bad there were nothing but hardcore dancers during Slayer. they were playing their entire South of Heaven album, and I forgot how slow and breakdown-y that album is. Got into a mean-ass fistfight that left my right arm numb(it involved a mean ass shove from behind/dodge-roll earlier that fucked it up before the fight) and the dudes face bleeding. I tolerate hardcore dancers until they punch a girl in the face. then they get dropkicked. It wouldnt have even turned into a full-fight if the dude had just realized the evil he had done and walked off. but no, he decided to keep dancing and threw his fist backwards into the crowd, and spun his leg up tryin to kick me in the face, which I easily dodged under. Then he got a fist in the face(it's a lot easier to accurately hit someone when youre not dancing like a douche) and then grabbed him and put him in a headlock with my bad arm i hurt earlier, and proceeded to crush his face with my other fist. SOme dude pulled me of fhim and was like, "It's your fault dude, you started it!" Me: ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!! HE PUNCHED A GIRL IN THE FACE RIGHT NEXT TO ME! DONT YOU FUCKING START! as I pointed at him in the middle of the pit. Him and his rescued buddy walked away. If Raining blood hadnt started playing 30 seconds later, My sanity would have died. And then Angel of Death, epic Araya scream and all, and a perfect cap to a rediculous night.

Sorry for ranting and rambling on. lol Just reminiscing that concert.

Apr 26, 2011 9:24 PM ET #16 (permalink)

R10

Yea dude that kung fu mma spinkicking shit can get pretty ridiculous. Always some meathead not conscious of his surroundings wacking chicks and people smaller than him. I saw something crazy at Overkills show in November at Rockos a tiny ass club. During Eviles set moshing and stage diving got pretty crazy. Some 350 pound behemoth stage dove and knocked over about 12 people. Singer of Evile asked after song if everyone was alright. Crazy show!

Apr 27, 2011 4:01 PM ET #17 (permalink)

haha hardcore dancing is retarded. i cant stand it. i just want to mosh, not stand in a single place and wave my arms and legs around like a retard.

Jun 1, 2011 1:59 PM ET #18 (permalink)

Wall of Death to Black Label by Lamb of God. I was thrown like a scottish caber toss, landing upside down, when I finally got back up, there was some drunk loser throwing punches at me, along with the myriad of other limbs flying into my face. But I walked out with a concussion, two broken ribs and a broken toe. He was unconscious. Great fucking day.

Jul 10, 2011 12:00 PM ET #19 (permalink)

About 9 years ago I went to Slayer/Hatebreed. I was pitting on and off through Hatebreed but hit the middle ring as soon as Slayer came on. That pit turned ugly, fast. Some guy was stabbing people and sevral guys were gang jumping individuals. I got cracked in the jaw HARD and hit over the head with something. Didn't know where I was at and didn't remember leaving the pit, but thanks to a few cool guys, they apparently lifted me to a calm place. Game Over!! This is the bad side of pitting and I have not been in one since.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Classic Metal forum