"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

New Foo Fighters Album?

Posted in: Forum Home >> Non-Metal Music Discussion >> New Foo Fighters Album?

Displaying 19 posts
Displaying 19 posts
Apr 18, 2011 9:16 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Im thinking its pretty fucking good, might write a review on it. What are your thoughts?

Apr 18, 2011 11:37 PM ET #2 (permalink)

ZMA

Do it up bro.
I read a giant article about their new album in Guitar World mag and it was pretty interesting. It'd be cool to see a review on the album.

Apr 18, 2011 11:39 PM ET #3 (permalink)

ZMA

Yea definitely write a review. I listened to the first 2 songs on this album and they kick ass.

Apr 19, 2011 5:43 AM ET #4 (permalink)

First two are the best. Great album though.

Apr 22, 2011 2:48 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Dave is the only good thing that came out of Nirvana.....I have that same mag ZMA lol.

Apr 22, 2011 6:49 PM ET #6 (permalink)

ZMA

M_R Yea I agree. You like that article?

Apr 22, 2011 9:37 PM ET #7 (permalink)

I always like articles from Grohl, he is a funny dude, but it was nice to hear from the other guitarists too. It was interesting to read the piece on djent movement too. I wished it had in the columns something with some practice sweep patterns as I am still having trouble getting epic sweeps down though.

Apr 23, 2011 12:06 AM ET #8 (permalink)

ZMA

Yea true. He's just an all around good guy.
The dject movement was my favorite article in this months issue. I liked how they gave recognition to Scale The Summit and Animals As Leaders in that article. 2 great bands IMO.
I can't do sweeps in general so you're in a better spot then me haha.

Apr 23, 2011 1:49 AM ET #9 (permalink)

I can sweep back and forth up to 3 strings.......any more and my coordination goes to shit. Its fucking hard man!!

Apr 23, 2011 2:10 AM ET #10 (permalink)

Thats the same as me i almost got 4 strings, sometime i just like cheat and do a special power chord like

as one sweep then ill flow into like a bend haha.

Apr 23, 2011 2:34 AM ET #11 (permalink)

double

(This post was last edited on April 23, 2011 at 2:34 AM ET.)

Apr 23, 2011 8:23 AM ET #12 (permalink)

Fuck sweeps, man. 3's all I can do.

Apr 23, 2011 9:51 PM ET #13 (permalink)

Kids these days...back in my day we used to have to sweep the whole house. Now these kiddies have all their fancy "carpets" and dont have to sweep shit. no wonder you guys get tired after just three sweeps.

Apr 24, 2011 3:31 AM ET #14 (permalink)

What the fuck is a carpet? I sweep dog hair off my fucking wooden floor everyday. Sometimes I have dog hair in my mouth there's so much.

Apr 24, 2011 2:48 PM ET #15 (permalink)

^no thats from eating out the dogs butthole. happens to me all the time. Tell your dog to start shaving down there. It's common courtesy.

Apr 24, 2011 6:59 PM ET #16 (permalink)

ZMA

This thread took a turn for the worst. Full of win lol.
But yea I can only do pentatonic stuff. I don't think I'm ever gonna get proper sweeps down.

May 5, 2011 5:20 AM ET #17 (permalink)

Pestio, I think it's a great album. Never cared that much for FF, but when they're good, they're good. Like "All my life" is one of my all time fav songs.
Actually, there's the problem IMO; they have great songs here and there, but for some reason till now all Foo albums have been quite average overall.
But, this one kicks ass. Finally ;)

May 5, 2011 6:59 AM ET #18 (permalink)

Zee (your new name): When it comes to licking dogs' asses, it can never be classified as "worst".

May 5, 2011 3:01 PM ET #19 (permalink)

ZMA

Yea I know. That's why the sentence, full of win, is right after lmao.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Non-Metal Music Discussion forum