"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

about yourself

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> about yourself

Displaying posts 51 - 68 of 68 1 2 3 Last
Displaying posts 51 - 68 of 68 1 2 3 Last
Jul 29, 2009 10:19 PM ET #51 (permalink)

Small town world famous in New Zealand as the founder of spring water drink called "Lemon & Paeroa" anyone heard of it overseas? I own my own business,Im a qualified French Polisher,Antique Furniture Restorer,& Manufacture reproduction French provincal Furniture.
Dont have swine flew last time I looked,I thought pigs couldnt fly anyway,when did this happen?
Im a full on Metalhead & Im well known in the NZ Metal scene, Hails to all on here,Im enjoying reading all you guys shit,wicked as!...

Jul 29, 2009 10:51 PM ET #52 (permalink)

Lyrker - Welcome to the mighty MU \m/\m/

Jul 30, 2009 1:37 AM ET #53 (permalink)

Y

I'll be in South Carolina in a couple of weeks, moving from WA.

I'm a full-time student at a private college, mastering in English Education and Philosophy. I also write for webzines, so no paying job yet.

Jul 30, 2009 1:52 AM ET #54 (permalink)

Originally from DC, now living in Northern Virginia (Still in the DC Metro area)
I was Mall Security, now I'm just doing any gigs (virtually any form of manual labor) that will pay. I'm most likely gonna be working in a shit grocery store within the month, but my career goals are in military/paramilitary/police. I'm trying.
Swine Flu is overhyped nonsense. 36,000 people die from regular influenza a year. Suddenly a fraction of that number die from the new strand, and now its the new AIDS? Whatever. And no, I haven't been lucky enough to contract it.

Other info:
I'm a heavy supporter of the rising Hela Black Metal movement in Sri Lanka. Its gonna be the next Norway!
I myself have been in 4 bands prior to a change in goals.
Also, my favorite band, as of now, is Deströyer 666

Random shit:
Chuck Schuldiner is our lord and savior!
Euronymous is more evil than Satan!
Kerry King pwns everything else! SLAYER!!!

(This post was last edited on July 30, 2009 at 2:00 AM ET.)

Jul 30, 2009 7:20 AM ET #55 (permalink)

Hey Gore: good deal on the military thing. I will be keeping track of this.

Jul 31, 2009 5:49 PM ET #56 (permalink)

Damn patriot, you're such a cool dude, and now I kinda feel bad for every Air Force joke I've ever cracked on someone.

I was on a train with 2 friends just yesterday (One of them was in Boot Camp at Parris Island last year) and we saw an Air force guy with a cast on his hand. We then proceeded cracking jokes about what way he could've possibly become wounded.

"Dropped a paperweight"
"Jammed his hand in a filing cabinet"
"Carpal Tunnel from typing"

Also yesterday the other friend (who wants to become a Marine) was talking about how she wanted to learn to shoot prior to boot camp so she figured she wanted to go to a range with her friend's mom (Who is apparently a Marksman in the Air Force) and then I'm sitting there saying "What the fuck do you need a Marksman for in the Air Force?"

Jul 31, 2009 6:04 PM ET #57 (permalink)

To shoot aliens that escape from crashes and air bases.

Jul 31, 2009 6:06 PM ET #58 (permalink)

Jul 31, 2009 6:06 PM ET #59 (permalink)

Jul 31, 2009 6:43 PM ET #60 (permalink)

I think Wiggs thinks that the Air Force needs marksmen to shoot aliens that escape from crashes and air bases. I'm not sure why I get that feeling though... *looks up*

Gore: That's fucked up man. Lol.

Jul 31, 2009 6:53 PM ET #61 (permalink)

Fuck I hate my phone.

Jul 31, 2009 9:25 PM ET #62 (permalink)

Gore: now I kinda feel bad for every Air Force joke I've ever cracked on someone.

Why? I don't.

Jul 31, 2009 9:34 PM ET #63 (permalink)

Blindgreed: Area 51 is the next state east of you.

Patriot: Well, if you don't feel bad, then I don't

Aug 2, 2009 4:35 AM ET #64 (permalink)

Destroyer 666 are fantastic.

And I'm a champion :)

Aug 8, 2009 9:02 AM ET #65 (permalink)

English freelance journalist and science nerd. Just got my degree in journalism and I will be starting my Masters in Science Communication in September. Massive 2000ad fan. Love coconut mushrooms.

Aug 13, 2009 3:32 PM ET #66 (permalink)

1st and foremost, I HATE METALLICA!! TO THOSE WHO KNOW ME, NOTHING MORE NEEDS TO BE SAID!! for those that dont know me, or about my hatred of metallica, then dont come at me and attack me and claim that metallica are gods! that will only show how trully sheepish you are!! im sure i love bands that some of you may hate as well, and it does not bother me to hear it.

as for me, im in charlotte nc. love thrash metal above all else. i love a good music chat, but love making the metalli-sheep angry at any chance i can!! i dont look to fight and argue, but will not hesitate to jump at the 1st jab thrown!

no matter what each of us listens to, we all have our likes and dis-likes. even though we may get into heated debates about the music, at the end of the day we are all bros and sisters here.

Aug 13, 2009 6:15 PM ET #67 (permalink)

I am 24 years old and have spent my entire life in Southern California AKA "The Land of Competition"
I work full-time in the construction industry and go to college part-time in the evenings
I enjoy smoking, drinking and all kinds of ill shit
Someone at work was diagnosed with swine flu this week, but I listen to metal so I am immune /m\

Aug 14, 2009 1:43 AM ET #68 (permalink)

Bruno's last thought brings me to this question:

How many metalheads actually have swine flu?

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum