"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

The Human Abstract Digital Veil Title Track

Posted in: Forum Home >> Core >> The Human Abstract Digital Veil Title Track

Displaying posts 76 - 100 of 111 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Displaying posts 76 - 100 of 111 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Apr 29, 2011 12:33 PM ET #76 (permalink)

checked them out. i didn't like it lmao but i wouldn't mind if someone were to have them out around me. idk, just that almost opera sound bugged the shit outta me lol see ya at the show FAN \m/

May 1, 2011 8:25 AM ET #77 (permalink)

Hey, you gys here the new black dahlia murder song?
Technical solo! Gotta love Ryan Knight. Dude is a beast!

You guys like Arsis?

May 1, 2011 4:34 PM ET #78 (permalink)

^whats the song called? Little soon after the masterpiece that Deflorate was to have a new song already, but I'm game.

Ive honestly never heard a solo by Black Dahlia that wasnt fantastic, even in songs I didnt like. They have a gift.

But nah, I dont really personally care for Arsis. The couple songs Ive heard sounded like tech-rock, and that just didnt sit well with me. though I do appreciate Ryan Knight's touch on Dahlia's music. His style from arsis fit them like a glove.

May 1, 2011 4:48 PM ET #79 (permalink)

Nevermind, found it and listenin to it right now. I like it. Not super-great, but I like it. then again, the single they first released for Deflorate was Selection unnatural, which I thought was the weakest song on the album, sooo...I have decently high hopes for this album. I dont understand why they're going with a Satan-type theme witht his album though...not that theyre neccesarily against anti-christian with some of their lyrics from time to time, but the way they described the concept behind all the lyrics on this new album made them sound like Gorgoroth.

May 3, 2011 8:58 AM ET #80 (permalink)

i like the song. it feels as if kinda black metal to me. just the vibe tho, cuz it's still the melodic death metal influenced BDM that we know. outta be cool to see live. can't wait for summer slaughter FAN. they confirmed slaughter survivors tour too. that outta be kickass.

May 3, 2011 9:07 AM ET #81 (permalink)

^ive heard that the album is supposed to contain a full string section and another piece with synths in it, so I'm sure the black metal theme is gonna be on the whole album. Interesting way to keep their sound fresh I guess.

May 3, 2011 9:22 AM ET #82 (permalink)

cool... i guess lol gotta hear it first before i can decipher it's good or not.

May 4, 2011 4:34 AM ET #83 (permalink)

I really dig the song.
I'd love to hear the whole album right now! Badass band! :)

May 4, 2011 1:29 PM ET #84 (permalink)

^haha. the instant I finished listening to the song, I checked torrent sites for the leaked album. Holy fuck I'm impatient. lol

Speaking of BDM, somebody should check out Sons of Aurelias. They sound like an amateur tech version of black dahlia, but theyre completely good on there own. Metalsucks was on their dick a few months back, which is why i know of them. The songs "Olypus is Forgotton" and "Facing the Gorgon" are fucking awesome tech death.

May 4, 2011 2:11 PM ET #85 (permalink)

holy tits!! those are some fucking RAWsome song titles dude. funny u describe them like that compared to BDM, cause i think conducting from a grace kinda sounds like a amateur melodic deathcore version of BDM. love the vox.

May 4, 2011 7:06 PM ET #86 (permalink)

ZMA

Dude...........FAN I just came a cinder block when I went on a listened to Mercy For Today by Son Of Aurelius. I guess that's a weird way of saying a huge weight was lifted off me when I found that.
I saw the music video for that band and that song months ago, and I forgot all about it and when I wanted to find it I couldn't remember the song or the band, so thanks for randomly mentioning that band. Definitely getting their album lol.

May 5, 2011 3:50 PM ET #87 (permalink)

son of aurelius fans +2 (zman & mE)

May 6, 2011 12:13 PM ET #88 (permalink)

I've been listening to this album quite a bit for the past few days and I'm slowly realizing that I've given it an unfair review. The breakdowns aren't that derivative and actually not all that unbearable to listen to and the songs are well constructed. If only they didn't sound like BTBAM so much, I would consider giving Digital Veil a 4.5.

@FAN : Dude, Arsis is fucking awesome. Listen to 'A Celebration Of Guilt' from start to end and you'll be like "The Black Dahlia who? Who the fuck are they?".

(This post was last edited on May 6, 2011 at 12:39 PM ET.)

May 6, 2011 4:18 PM ET #89 (permalink)

i get what u mean bananana about the btbam thing, but with the bassist and the original lead guitarist, they bring forth their own original sound imo.

May 6, 2011 6:12 PM ET #90 (permalink)

ZMA

Agreed n0thing. I agree with the review I saw on this site for this album. He gave it a 4.5 only because there was only like 8 songs so the album was short. I bet if there were like 2 or 3 more songs with the same power as the others on this album it would've been rated a 5 out of 5.

May 6, 2011 7:54 PM ET #91 (permalink)

fuck yeah dude. but hopefully none wouldda been like holographic sight. that's easyingly the coolest sound song title for the 'meh'-est song ever lol idk y, it's just not that great.

May 7, 2011 12:45 AM ET #92 (permalink)

ZMA

I'm gonna have to listen to that song again and see what you mean.

May 9, 2011 8:25 AM ET #93 (permalink)

I heard Son's a while ago. I could never get into them hey.
I know they are good n all, it's just a bit boring for me.

FAN, did you check out Dismal Lapse?
Bring on the new Faceless album! Fucking impatient indeed!haha

May 9, 2011 10:21 AM ET #94 (permalink)

^tryin to download an album by them for like three days now, but nothing seems to work. I cant even check em out on myspace, since that site changed its layout my computer keeps freezing whenever it goes to mysapce for some reason.

I'm gonna keep trying to download em though, but by the time it pulls through I'm probably gonna be too busy listening to the new Hate Eternal, the new Arch enemy, the new Origin, the new Black Dahlia, the new Morbid Angel, blah blah blah blah-fuckity-blah.

May 12, 2011 4:07 PM ET #95 (permalink)

ZMA

FAN Out of that list of names Arch Enemy stands out for me. Oh that and Origin. Gonna be listening to them a lot.

May 12, 2011 11:15 PM ET #96 (permalink)

^for once in my life I'm actually excited for an Arch Enemy release, instead of just mildly interested. I got into them after all their best work had was already behind them, and I honestly still only like maybe 5 or 6 of their songs anyway, and one of those was written by Gus G anyway (Taking back my Soul). While I've heard a couple songs here and there that sound like thy might be boring, there are other song clips which make me wanna prepare for a boner. I'm actually thouroughly enjoying that one song with the music video "Yesterday, blab blah", and like I said, some of the clips sound fantastic.

What I'm REEEEEAAALLLy looking forward too now though, is the new faceless, since theres that new song out, and thusly confirmation of an actual third album. I like the new song, so the album in entirety should be swell indeed. Right-o.

May 13, 2011 4:13 PM ET #97 (permalink)

ZMA

Yea I didn't like Arch Enemy's last album. I sort of lost faith in them. But it's back with this release.

Ya know the more I listen to that Faceless song the more I like it. This album is gonna be crazy. I better hear sick bass solo though.

May 13, 2011 5:00 PM ET #98 (permalink)

slappin' the bass.

May 29, 2011 1:56 PM ET #99 (permalink)

ZMA

So I saw The Human Abstract last night. On of the best shows I've been to in years. Holographic Sight is a way better song live haha. Got to have one on one conversations with all the members include Travis. My vag was wet for that conversation. I also had a lengthly conversation with the lead singer Rick from This Or The Apocalypse. All in all every band at that show was great.

May 29, 2011 4:06 PM ET #100 (permalink)

R10

Vag wet huh guy/girl ! Hah,seriously though sounded like a great show. Wish i could hit up thier Manch show,but i unfortunately gotta work. Suck being a wage slave,and weeknight shows suck even worse. Ill have to miss this one.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Core forum